September 29, 2024, 01:34:49 PM

Author Topic: NEW ALBUM  (Read 63183 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ALBUM
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2018, 02:43:32 PM »
Oh geez. I must be running around in my own little world. I thought it was 3/9. But the new Hendrix release is today; I thought THAT was next week. Whoops! Haha.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »
If thought the album was coming out today, I'd be gutted right now!

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »
Oh, I love you Pingfah. I love personal attacks.

You also don't know if I was leaving breadcrumbs to get people from thinking it was Gutt... Do you really know who I am or what I know or don't know? I know I know more than you, or most. There are some that lurk on this board that know more than me...

As for "thousands of writers and journalists" having access to this by now? How big do you think this band is now? I know full well a private and protected stream was sent. Not to thousands of people like you said, but more along the lines of less than 100 people.

A leak is not going to happen from mp3 rips of that stream that contain an inaudible watermark. Rather, if it does leak early, it will be in the form of mp3's from the retail CD which is sure to make its rounds by Monday or Tuesday. Maybe tomorrow?

As for lyrics already being posted, I don't see and read every post that is made on the board. I had 10 minutes to post some thoughts based on memory. Specific lines I remember from each song. I didn't have the album with me at the time of my posting. I can give your more detail tonight if the album doesn't leak before then...

Don't be so mad, bro... It's cool talking badass on the web and it's easy to say mean things.
Take it.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »
Aww, did I hurt your widdle feelings?

Breadcrumbs? Hahaha. You really are totally deluded. You said it about Gutt because you thought you'd take a chance and it blew up in your face.

Nobody here believes you mate. Now jog on.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
I don't give a toss what you think. Don't give a toss what anyone here thinks. I know what I know. As I said before, there are others here that know more than I do. Some post and some lurk. There are only a few here that seem to get all butt hurt about anything I write. You seem to have a significant throbber for me mate. It's a little unhealthy.

You seem really angry and upset about everything. They're just a band, man. Resorting to personal attacks and calling names?
Take it.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »
I'm not upset at anything, just wondering why you feel the need to endlessly masquerade as somebody "in the know", when it's very clear you are anything but.

And yeah, I can tell you really don't care what I think. You act JUST like somebody who doesn't care what I think.

In fact, your entire behaviour here is simply about feeling like people care what you think.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »
Let's hug it out, Pingfah. You're really, really angry.

I'll let you get the last jab in... I'm done with you.
Take it.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
Let's hug it out, Pingfah. You're really, really angry.

I'll let you get the last jab in... I'm done with you.

While we're on the topic of things you're done with let's add all STP related "insider info" you have to the list.

Thanks.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
I don't give a toss what you think. Don't give a toss what anyone here thinks. I know what I know. As I said before, there are others here that know more than I do. Some post and some lurk. There are only a few here that seem to get all butt hurt about anything I write. You seem to have a significant throbber for me mate. It's a little unhealthy.

You seem really angry and upset about everything. They're just a band, man. Resorting to personal attacks and calling names?

Can I ask, are you from Australia? Serious question.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2018, 01:44:10 AM »
Middle of Nowhere. Upbeat rocker sounding like Suckertrain Blues.
Guilty. Starts with drums. Catchy song with a great chorus. “I’m guilty in my ways!”
Meadow. You’ve all heard it.
Just a Little Lie. Plods along slowly. Sort of a heavier riff. Dean’s solo is good. “It’s the only wat to go from hereeee.”
Six Eight. “All gets wasted. And it all stays the same.” Kind of a generic song.
Thought She’d Be Mine. Acoustic with Jeff showing off the range. “Thought she’d be mine.... mine in the morning.”
Roll Me Under. You’ve all heard it.
Never Enough. Sounds like Jean Genie. Sounds like a Blaster outtake...
The Art of Letting Go. You’ve all heard it.
Finest Hour. “You never said goodbye and left a void... I know because it’s true.” Not acoustic but not heavy. Sort of generic. The chorus is catchy though.
Good Shoes. This albums Bagman. Total trash song. “I’m going down, down down. I hope she lets me in.” yuck
Reds & Blues. Acoustic. One of the best songs on the album, in my opinion.

Sort of a mixed bag. Some good. Some bleh. Nothing cringeworthy. Sounds like a mix of stuff from 2010 and Blaster.

He has provided some lyrics from unheard songs where the lyrics haven’t leaked such as ‘Guilty’, ‘Good Shoes’, ‘Finest Hour’ & ‘Just A Little Lie’ along with some rather vague descriptions (although I can totally see ‘Good Shoes’ being trash!).
I guess we’ll see if he’s bullshitting us or not in a few days when the album inevitably leaks...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:46:32 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2018, 03:09:20 AM »
all the songs sound pretty damn good imo

my tiny complaint is the art for the album  is kinda meh.

I will probably use the group photo of the guys in place of the album art, for the iPod album cover.

Im counting down the days down till the album drops .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:11:14 AM by BillMurraylovesSTP »
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2018, 04:12:22 AM »

my tiny complaint is the art for the album  is kinda meh.

The new artwork is great! Far better than high rise and the 2010 self titled.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2018, 06:33:08 AM »
I still haven’t pre ordered the album because I want the Best Buy deluxe version, but I’m in the UK :(
It sucks that they release a deluxe version of the album but only in one part of the world, well it wouldn’t suck that bad if we could actually import it but Best Buy don’t ship outside the USA... Can anyone help a brother out? I NEED this album in its complete physical form!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
YouTube review of the new songs but he also talks about all the other STP albums too, surprisingly he felt S/T 2010 was a return to the sound heard on ‘Purple’ and ‘Tiny Music’, perhaps the only person in the world to have that view... Also lmao at ‘Shangri La Dee Da Dee Da’!

https://youtu.be/Ahy2V9Zc4n0

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
YouTube review of the new songs but he also talks about all the other STP albums too, surprisingly he felt S/T 2010 was a return to the sound heard on ‘Purple’ and ‘Tiny Music’, perhaps the only person in the world to have that view... Also lmao at ‘Shangri La Dee Da Dee Da’!

https://youtu.be/Ahy2V9Zc4n0

Ooo that guy lol. I saw this the other day. I clicked another video from him and he basically tells his audience “I don’t know much about this story but I heard from a friend...” I don’t get how he has so many subscribers