September 29, 2024, 09:28:22 AM

Author Topic: NEW ALBUM  (Read 63160 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ALBUM
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »
Damn. Looks like I'll have to cancel my pre-order and make a jaunt over the US border to Bestbuy on the 16th. This is not showing up on the Canadian site. I want those extra tracks on my disc.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2018, 01:11:41 AM »
TONE TEMPLE PILOTS

Stone Temple Pilots

(Rhino)

*****(5 stars)

Few would have been surprised if STP decided to call it a day following the deaths of previous singers Scott Weiland and Chester Bennington. Defiantly they gritted it out and have returned with a fine album of razor-sharp, edgy rock on which new singer Jeff Gutt takes flight and earns his wings.

A clamorous clash of dissonant guitar riffs by Dean DeLeo on opener Middle Of Nowhere sets a cracking pace as Gutt nails a mighty vocal. The fuzzy, earworming melody on Meadows and a punchy Roll Me Under display a fine balance of songwriting and combined musicianship.

Moreover, the glammy rock of Never Enough and a booming Six Eight prove these veterans still have their hard rock brass tacks intact.

But it's on the lighter songs that this versatile band of players merge their abilities with new man Gutt to glorious effect on the Art Of Letting Go and the wistful Thought She'd Be Mine

The future is once again looking intensely bright for this resurgent band of brothers.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:32 AM »
TONE TEMPLE PILOTS

Stone Temple Pilots

(Rhino)

*****(5 stars)

Few would have been surprised if STP decided to call it a day following the deaths of previous singers Scott Weiland and Chester Bennington. Defiantly they gritted it out and have returned with a fine album of razor-sharp, edgy rock on which new singer Jeff Gutt takes flight and earns his wings.

A clamorous clash of dissonant guitar riffs by Dean DeLeo on opener Middle Of Nowhere sets a cracking pace as Gutt nails a mighty vocal. The fuzzy, earworming melody on Meadows and a punchy Roll Me Under display a fine balance of songwriting and combined musicianship.

Moreover, the glammy rock of Never Enough and a booming Six Eight prove these veterans still have their hard rock brass tacks intact.

But it's on the lighter songs that this versatile band of players merge their abilities with new man Gutt to glorious effect on the Art Of Letting Go and the wistful Thought She'd Be Mine

The future is once again looking intensely bright for this resurgent band of brothers.

This short overview makes me even more excited. Where is this from?
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »

That's awesome.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
WTF! The Express (a big UK paper, and a disreputable rag at that) reviewing STP is one of the strangest things I have seen in a long time.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Dude, I really hope this is a new start to STP's recording career. Imagine getting STP records every 2 years? I certainly hope it goes back to that.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
WTF! The Express (a big UK paper, and a disreputable rag at that) reviewing STP is one of the strangest things I have seen in a long time.

Haha of all of the places for the first review of this album to pop up... The Express!
At least they dig it I suppose!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »
I'm curious how they got it so far in advance, and why nobody else seems to have it.

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/sd-et-music-stone-temple-20180227-story,amp.html
“But he grew uncharacteristically terse when it came to the lyrics for “Finest Hour,” which evoke troubled souls and sudden death — Bennington and Weiland, perhaps? — with such somber lines as: “You never said goodbye,” “A darkness hid inside,” “I know the pressure you were under” and “I’ll miss you, brother.”

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
I'm curious how they got it so far in advance, and why nobody else seems to have it.

I got the 2010 self-titled album to review on I think May 5, 2010, about 20 days before the release date (May 25th). Right now we're less than 20 days out from release, they probably just chose to do a review right away like I did back then to be first.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2018, 10:29:09 PM »
I think we are going to get Never Enough pretty soon. They track time is now listed on ITunes. I made the same comment about the iTunes track time for The Art of Letting Go, and we got the song the next day. I am looking forward to hearing the next new song.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
Yay, got a shipment notification from UPS for my CD and tee. Don't suppose they will arrive early but you never know, Blaster did. Sitting in a whiteout, driving snow everywhere, good vibes definitely help.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2018, 01:00:07 AM »
Yay, got a shipment notification from UPS for my CD and tee. Don't suppose they will arrive early but you never know, Blaster did. Sitting in a whiteout, driving snow everywhere, good vibes definitely help.

You in the UK? The snow has been terrible hasn’t it! If they’ve shipped your order now, even from the US, I’d expect you to at least get it a few days early?
I’m thinking the whole album will leak in the next week with reviewers having advance copies. I’m still holding out for somehow getting the physical Best Buy CD with the bonus tracks shipped here. I’m a completist and I still like to have a hard copy of all my albums.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2018, 01:41:08 AM »

You in the UK? The snow has been terrible hasn’t it! If they’ve shipped your order now, even from the US, I’d expect you to at least get it a few days early?
I’m thinking the whole album will leak in the next week with reviewers having advance copies. I’m still holding out for somehow getting the physical Best Buy CD with the bonus tracks shipped here. I’m a completist and I still like to have a hard copy of all my albums.

Yeah, Central Scotland. 20 odd miles from Celtic Park where my boy has a season ticket. No shipment yet but I'll be getting the Best Buy edition too. Really excited for this album.