September 29, 2024, 01:16:49 AM

Author Topic: NEW ALBUM  (Read 63095 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ALBUM
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
Well, you are entitled to your opinion of course. For me TM is the best album of the 90s by any mainstream rock band, and on another level, even compared to the STP catalogue.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2018, 01:51:09 AM »
SLDD ftw...

Those first 5 albums are all great though, it’s really like choosing a favourite child. Tiny Music had ‘Adhesive’ but No4 had ‘Atlanta’, both 2 of my favourite STP songs. SLDD just edges over them both for me as a complete album, I think they were at their creative peak on that record and all together, completely on the same page again. The production was perfect, Scott had never sounded better and the Deleo’s crafted some truly beautiful and unforgettable music. I’ll never forget buying that album on release day and spinning it for the first time. I had similar experiences with Tiny and No.4 when they were released too of course but I just instantly fell in love with SLDD.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2018, 03:44:50 AM »
SLDD ftw...

Those first 5 albums are all great though, it’s really like choosing a favourite child. Tiny Music had ‘Adhesive’ but No4 had ‘Atlanta’, both 2 of my favourite STP songs. SLDD just edges over them both for me as a complete album, I think they were at their creative peak on that record and all together, completely on the same page again. The production was perfect, Scott had never sounded better and the Deleo’s crafted some truly beautiful and unforgettable music. I’ll never forget buying that album on release day and spinning it for the first time. I had similar experiences with Tiny and No.4 when they were released too of course but I just instantly fell in love with SLDD.

I'm with you here. SLDD blew me away in ways that No. 4 and even Tiny Music did not. It felt and sounded like such a superior effort to their album work prior to that and I was very, very upset the double album did not happen. What a gift that would have been for us die hards! Top to bottom the album is great. However, Wonderful still remains as one of my favorite STP songs out of their entire catalog. It's easily up there with Atlanta or All in the Suit that You Wear. When the band would play live deep cuts from SLDD (Long Way Home, Black Again, and Bipolar Bear) I thought Scott just felt so comfortable and the music came easy.

However, I realize this is untrue when it came to Regeneration, which was a nightmare live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5pwDpZdu0

Bipolar Bear doesn't strike me as your typical rocking live song, but it works nonetheless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78J3IbESW8c

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2018, 04:34:28 AM »
SLDD ftw...

I'm with you here. SLDD blew me away in ways that No. 4 and even Tiny Music did not. It felt and sounded like such a superior effort to their album work prior to that and I was very, very upset the double album did not happen. What a gift that would have been for us die hards! Top to bottom the album is great. However, Wonderful still remains as one of my favorite STP songs out of their entire catalog. It's easily up there with Atlanta or All in the Suit that You Wear. When the band would play live deep cuts from SLDD (Long Way Home, Black Again, and Bipolar Bear) I thought Scott just felt so comfortable and the music came easy.

However, I realize this is untrue when it came to Regeneration, which was a nightmare live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5pwDpZdu0

Bipolar Bear doesn't strike me as your typical rocking live song, but it works nonetheless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78J3IbESW8c

I actually watched that ‘Regeneration’ performance again for the first time in ages a few nights ago. Yeah something sounded off with that one, I think Scott may have overused the megaphone a little.

He also used to like to rock out to ‘Black Again’
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5roiS1RmpQ#

I would’ve loved to have heard live versions of ‘Dumb Love’ and ‘Hello It’s Late’ from 2001-2002, I think they would’ve sounded great.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »

I'm with you here. SLDD blew me away in ways that No. 4 and even Tiny Music did not. It felt and sounded like such a superior effort to their album work prior to that and I was very, very upset the double album did not happen. What a gift that would have been for us die hards!

I know right? And not just for die hards, the quality of the unreleased material we have heard since is exceptional. I firmly believe if they had released a double album, it would have made the difference and that album would have been a hit.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
Well, you are entitled to your opinion of course. For me TM is the best album of the 90s by any mainstream rock band, and on another level, even compared to the STP catalogue.
100% with you on this. 

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »
100% with you on this. 

Agreed. My favorite album of all-time from ANY band.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
Yeah, I've always been an outlier on that one. I find Tiny Music and SLDD to be among their weaker material.

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2018, 08:41:53 PM »
Speaking of which (Tiny Music.. great album imo) check out "The Art of Letting Go". TM vibes everywhere

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »
Speaking of which (Tiny Music.. great album imo) check out "The Art of Letting Go". TM vibes everywhere

Where?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
Ugh.. it's not out yet? Nevermind. I might have stumbled upon it by accident

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
I just found a good snippet.

http://sp-m.mu-mo.net/music/4058325;jsessionid=408886F971762E8C803C1F9050AEA2F8

Click the headphone symbol under the picture of the cover.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:40:59 PM by Pingfah »

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2018, 09:45:48 PM »
So it appears to be the next single on iTunes that somehow got released earlier in other countries.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »
I just found a good snippet.

http://sp-m.mu-mo.net/music/4058325;jsessionid=408886F971762E8C803C1F9050AEA2F8

Click the headphone symbol under the picture of the cover.
Wow. Not too much to go off of there but it definitely has nice sound. Probably the best sounding one we've heard so far, in my opinion. Sounds like a really nice vocal from Jeff on that one too.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2018, 09:50:31 PM »
I'm listening to the whole thing now. It's really nice. The vocal is SO Scott.