September 30, 2024, 09:05:43 PM

Author Topic: NEW ALBUM  (Read 63259 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ALBUM
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 03:23:31 AM »

How will we distinguish betwwen the two s/t albums?

Self-titled (2010)
Self-titled (2018)

Thoughts?

2010: "Peace"
2018: "Butterfly"

I also vote for calling this one Butterfly

Thirded

Fourth-ed

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 03:33:41 AM »
Motion passes.  Stone Temple Pilots (2018) shall hereby be referred to as "Butterfly"

:)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 03:49:24 AM »
Could the song ‘Six Eight’ be a reference to the 6th and 8th releases being self titled?
I can only make out some of the lyrics from the shot of the booklet on amazon...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 05:13:07 AM »
Could the song ‘Six Eight’ be a reference to the 6th and 8th releases being self titled?
I can only make out some of the lyrics from the shot of the booklet on amazon...

I'd be willing to bet more it's a really uncreative title referencing the time signature in which the song is played. It's a just a wild guess though.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 06:10:33 AM »
Led Zeppelin I and II.
Stone Temple Pilots I & II.
STPI
STPII

Pretty awful album titling here all around though, I must say.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 06:51:52 AM »
Led Zeppelin I and II.
Stone Temple Pilots I & II.
STPI
STPII

Pretty awful album titling here all around though, I must say.

I get Zeppelin doing that though, they started naming them that way.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
I wonder if “Reds & Blues” will be about American politics. They’ve never gotten into that too much.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
If they were to call it STPII that might be taken as a reference to this being a secondary incarnation of STP, like Slade II or other bands that have done that to legally distinguish themselves from the original. Whereas the actual album title is intended to convey exactly the opposite.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »
Both singles just make me miss Scott and Chester even more.

Did you listen to the last Selt Titled album?  I don't think Scott was on the brink of writing another "Silvergun Superman".
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »

Did you listen to the last Selt Titled album?  I don't think Scott was on the brink of writing another "Silvergun Superman".

In my opinion the 2 songs we’ve heard from the new album are already better than any of the songs from that horrible EP they released with Chester. I’d also say ‘Meadow’ is better than a few of the songs on S/T as well, which overall was a very average album by STP standards. At this point I’m not expecting another ‘Purple’ or ‘SLDD’ from this band though, I’m expecting the new album to be on par with S/T, a few good tunes, a few average ones and a couple of duds. I hope I’m wrong and I’d be pleasantly surprised if the album comes out and every song is great. I feel the last time the Deleo’s achieved this was 12 years ago though with Army of Anyone.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 04:11:03 PM »

In my opinion the 2 songs we’ve heard from the new album are already better than any of the songs from that horrible EP they released with Chester. I’d also say ‘Meadow’ is better than a few of the songs on S/T as well, which overall was a very average album by STP standards. At this point I’m not expecting another ‘Purple’ or ‘SLDD’ from this band though, I’m expecting the new album to be on par with S/T, a few good tunes, a few average ones and a couple of duds. I hope I’m wrong and I’d be pleasantly surprised if the album comes out and every song is great. I feel the last time the Deleo’s achieved this was 12 years ago though with Army of Anyone.

I agree with this sentiment.  It really is impossible for STP to write "Still Remains" again.  I will never be 16 years old again in my bedroom still discovering what music can mean to me.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »

I agree with this sentiment.  It really is impossible for STP to write "Still Remains" again.  I will never be 16 years old again in my bedroom still discovering what music can mean to me.

Very true, I was 15 when I bought ‘Purple’ and that, along with many albums from around that time, had a huge impact on me and it’s probably unfair of me to expect that now. Having said that though there were songs on Army of Anyone in 2006 that moved me such as ‘A Better Place’ and the non album instrumental ‘Used To Know Her’, those 2 and a few others on that album are up there with some of the Deleo’s best work I feel. For me they’re at their best when they experiment a little musically but almost everything since 2006 has been rather safe and generic sounding, I know Dean hasn’t lost his spark though as I saw a radio station interview just a few months ago where he was playing some beautiful stuff on an acoustic guitar, I just hope he brings some of that to the new record and we don’t get 12 ‘Roll Me Under/‘Between The Lines’/Out of Time type songs...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
The Japanese version of the album has a Bonus 13th track titled ‘Already Gone’, I’ll be aiming to import that version I think...

https://wmg.jp/artist/stonetemplepilots/WPCR000017985.html

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 03:21:34 AM »

How will we distinguish betwwen the two s/t albums? Monarch

Self-titled (2010)
Self-titled (2018)

Thoughts?

2010: "Peace"
2018: "Butterfly"

Monarch

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:21 AM »

They said they recorded fourteen songs total, so with this thirteenth being a bonus track, look for the fourteenth to be on some other edition most likely.

In my opinion the 2 songs we’ve heard from the new album are already better than any of the songs from that horrible EP they released with Chester.

I think Black Heart is better than Meadow but I like Roll Me Under better than the entire EP with Chester.