September 28, 2024, 11:31:58 PM

Author Topic: NEW ALBUM  (Read 63087 times)

Ira

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ALBUM
« Reply #480 on: May 22, 2018, 04:05:31 AM »
I’m a new fan and I just found the site. The new STP album means a lot to me, I listen to it from start to finish all the time. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

My parents are big into old STP. I like Core and Purple but I wasn’t born yet when those came out. New STP sounds more relevant to me. But I like the old stuff too. What a great band!

School year is almost over. It’s going to be a great summer, and STP is going to be the soundtrack

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 22, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »
I’m a new fan and I just found the site. The new STP album means a lot to me, I listen to it from start to finish all the time. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

My parents are big into old STP. I like Core and Purple but I wasn’t born yet when those came out. New STP sounds more relevant to me. But I like the old stuff too. What a great band!

School year is almost over. It’s going to be a great summer, and STP is going to be the soundtrack

It’s always cool to hear of new fans discovering STP. Their music has been the soundtrack of my life since a teenager in the 90’s. I’ll never forget hearing ‘Purple’ for the first time and being completely blown away, I was already a fan from ‘Core’ but when I heard the second album that’s when I was really like ‘this is my band’ and they overtook all the other bands I was into like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chain and Soundgarden.
Hopefully this new album has a similar impact on you as those records did on me when I was your age and you’ll put it on in years to come and it’ll bring back all those great feelings and memories.
Welcome to the forum! Once you’ve exhausted all of the released STP (and related) albums myself and others here will be able to help you with some of the harder to find/unreleased stuff by STP/ Scott Weiland & Velvet Revolver too! Happy listening!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:57:58 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 22, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »
@CagedTiger

You said exactly what I think. I do like the album, the guys did a great job. However I quickly lost interest after a week or so and instantly it felt weird calling it STP. We know what’s not there... and that component really makes “STP” what it really is for me. I’m not sitting here trying to say they shouldn’t have done this or that.. it’s their band, their living and they are making good music. I organically keep going back to the first five records. I start craving that material out of nowhere.

I am happy to see the love for the guys new music and it’s awesome to see it being in new people to explore the catalog.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 22, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »

Welcome to the board and to STP! So glad to hear younger fans get inspired by them, that is awesome. You have great taste :)

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 22, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »

Welcome! There are a bunch of crotchety people here and we like to argue with one another, but don't let that scare you away :)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2018, 01:28:21 AM »
Really like the new music, what's gone is long ago.