September 28, 2024, 09:17:08 PM

Author Topic: Cranberries  (Read 3044 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Cranberries
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »
Super bummed to lose another voice of the 90s generation.  Dolores was brilliant.  Unique voice in the middle of male scowls during this time.  Zombie rocks every time I hear it.  And countless other songs.  Heart broken.... 

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
Re: Cranberries
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:27 PM »
Definite shame. Rest in peace. Listened to their hits a lot in highschool, I should really deep dive their catalogue now.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:57:28 AM »
Very sad. Pretty soon I'm just going to be writing about Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan :(

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »
Very sad. Pretty soon I'm just going to be writing about Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan :(

Yea, pretty shitty news.

All my 90's heroes are pretty much gone.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »

Yea, pretty shitty news.

All my 90's heroes are pretty much gone.

Way too many 90's musicians have died. I don't know if it's something inherent in that time period -- like, because of the heavier topics that came out in music at that time or because musicians were doing more drugs, etc.  But it just seems like we've lost an inordinate amount of musicians who made their names in the 90's. Very sad.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:43:42 PM »
I borrowed No Need to Argue and To the Faithful Departed from my wife years ago. Genuinely shocked. I was listening to them last week. I just cannot take another voice from the 90's passing away.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
obviously very sad - and an iconic singer... but man, the Cranberries were prob my least favorite band of all time. I only know Zombie, Linger and Salvation. But all three songs imo are horrible. Zombie is like nails on a chalkboard. I strongly strongly disliked those songs. But I know she had a lot of fans - very sad news. Anyone know how it happened? I haven't found any specifics. 46 is so young.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 03:59:55 PM »
Cranberries were actually my favorite band until I discovered STP. No Need to Argue is one of my favorite albums ever. 

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 02:01:17 AM »
Cranberries were actually my favorite band until I discovered STP. No Need to Argue is one of my favorite albums ever. 

Really?!! Would not have expected that especially from you. Explain yourself.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 02:29:30 PM »

The Cranberries have a bunch of good songs.  No need to explain yourself.

Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »
obviously very sad - and an iconic singer... but man, the Cranberries were prob my least favorite band of all time. I only know Zombie, Linger and Salvation. But all three songs imo are horrible. Zombie is like nails on a chalkboard. I strongly strongly disliked those songs. But I know she had a lot of fans - very sad news. Anyone know how it happened? I haven't found any specifics. 46 is so young.

Bro if you can't dig zombie then maybe its her voice you don't like? Cuz that shits dope af. I hate GnR cuz of his voice so anything possible lol. Or maybe u never cranked dat shit up past 11 with ur headphones on. Its infectious.

Rumors swirling she killed herself......as she tried a few years ago and was recently "dreadfully depressed" according to her "friends".....

One love you fucks.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »

Bro if you can't dig zombie then maybe its her voice you don't like? Cuz that shits dope af. I hate GnR cuz of his voice so anything possible lol. Or maybe u never cranked dat shit up past 11 with ur headphones on. Its infectious.

Rumors swirling she killed herself......as she tried a few years ago and was recently "dreadfully depressed" according to her "friends".....

One love you fucks.

Yeah no judgement or anything, it's a personal taste thing. I just can't get over the vocals personally. Wasn't a fan.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
She had a fantastic voice...her delivery sucked. Could never get into them as well.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »

Yeah, I dont know!  Lots of people have said that to me over my life.  I have always had an odd love for the Cranberries.  They are so good at having a song for every mood.  I knew of them through their first album, but Zombie was the big hook for me.  Never cared too much for Linger though.  I get why people dont like them, they're kind of love or hate, but some really great song writing and she painted such a beautiful picture with her lyrics. 

'Ode to my Family' is probably my favorite Cranberries song, but lots of good deep cuts with this band, and the obvious singles (Free to Decide, etc).

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
Yeah no judgement or anything, it's a personal taste thing. I just can't get over the vocals personally. Wasn't a fan.
None taken!  Kind of figured something like that.  She is polarizing, not unlike Billy Corgan or many other singers from that era.