September 25, 2024, 03:35:15 AM

Author Topic: Life after the STP Singer Search  (Read 3195 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Life after the STP Singer Search
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »
Other than Jeff Gutt, everyone who sent a submission, did self-promotion, and for the lucky ones who had the chance to audition/co-write/rehearse with STP, are probably asking "What now?"

I've seen big people congratulating Jeff while there were sour grapers.

What do you think is in store for everyone who tried?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Life after the STP Singer Search
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
I feel like this is something these individuals should have been thinking about a couple years ago, or at the very least since spring when it was first leaked Gutt got the job.

This job was a long shot for everybody, even Gutt. Gutt was the fortunate one, but even he had the backup plan of continuing Rival City.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:42 PM »
I feel like this is something these individuals should have been thinking about a couple years ago, or at the very least since spring when it was first leaked Gutt got the job.

This job was a long shot for everybody, even Gutt. Gutt was the fortunate one, but even he had the backup plan of continuing Rival City.

What if he continued Rival City? They make good music but what do I know... from here it sounds like anyone who makes a record in Hollywood looks successful.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
Wouldn’t it just be the same ‘as if’ the singer search never happened?

The only reason I say that is because when I look at this it doesn’t seem like the singer search really did a lot other than have STP members watch hours and hours of footage. But there was no national spotlight put on the people who submitted so it’s not like the voice or all those X factor shows or whatever where even if you don’t win you had a lot of people on the ride with you...

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »

The only reason I say that is because when I look at this it doesn’t seem like the singer search really did a lot other than have STP members watch hours and hours of footage. But there was no national spotlight put on the people who submitted so it’s not like the voice or all those X factor shows or whatever where even if you don’t win you had a lot of people on the ride with you...

for the casual fan of STP, yes.

But for those who stretched themselves as far as renting a studio to make a submission, to some who went as far as doing tribute shows to gain attention, to guys who spent to heed the call to an audition... it makes a world of difference.

Imagine the tension and the commitment all these guys had to experience.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »
Are you sour about how it all went down?

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »

for the casual fan of STP, yes.

But for those who stretched themselves as far as renting a studio to make a submission, to some who went as far as doing tribute shows to gain attention, to guys who spent to heed the call to an audition... it makes a world of difference.

Imagine the tension and the commitment all these guys had to experience.

This ain’t about who’s casual and who’s not man. If you took my comment personal I think that’s your problem. This is a message board, I read a question and I gave my answer.

I don’t see the point your making about all the people who rented all the studios and everything. I get that that’s a shit ton of money and hours of your life but how does that turn into success following a “STP singer search” which was honestly forgotten about 3 months after starting. The exception being the members watching the footage and the people submitting them.

It’s not an opinion it’s a fact I’m trying to make. Where does the ticket come from just by being a part of the singer submissions? There was nothing putting these people out there for the world to see... if was the person doing the videos and then it was STP and their people watching it.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
If you want to blame someone blame STP. Every kept stating that the search could have been done differently... maybe some sort of film put together and show everyone the behind the scenes stuff... that my friend would help all the people who were apart of it how. However that didn’t happen. I suggest putting your stuff out there in every way you can if you want to be a singer. If you already have then keep on keeping on... don’t blame the damn “singer search” which was talked about national just a couple weeks more than a run of the mill NBC modern sitcom.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 05:07:03 PM »
Don’t throw casual at me either dude.

I was here talking about this shit long before you showed up during the singer search. Jeff Gutt is the dude. They made the right choice.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:21:32 PM by seattlesound »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
This guy's pissed because he and Borja spent money coming to the USA and Borja didn't get the job. Now he's trying to make out it was all a scam and publicity stunt, because he's upset they didn't make the cut.

He's been building up to this for months, he's probably only just getting started here, there is no outcome other than John Borja being STP singer that would have satisfied him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:33:08 PM by Pingfah »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
When did STP say they'd reimburse applicants for their time and money? That's right they didn't.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »
For a while he's dropped hints about Borja "co-writing" and criticised the agreement applicants had to sign.

I bet STP did have a really restrictive and self interested legal agreement that job applicants had to sign, and this is exactly why.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
The point is that this was a single job opening for which 20,000 people submitted. From day one, every single person should have been fully prepared not to get the job. Anyone who wasn't ready for that was fooling themselves.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
This guy's pissed because he and Borja spent money coming to the USA and Borja didn't get the job. Now he's trying to make out it was all a scam and publicity stunt, because he's upset they didn't make the cut.

He's been building up to this for months, he's probably only just getting started here, there is no outcome other than John Borja being STP singer that would have satisfied him.
Stop putting words to my mouth.

Coming to the US for this endeavor was the greatest experience in  my life regardless of the outcome.

I dunno what your beef is against me or John.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 11:14:00 PM »
Don’t throw casual at me either dude.

I was here talking about this shit long before you showed up during the singer search. Jeff Gutt is the dude. They made the right choice.

I affirm to the last sentence.