September 30, 2024, 10:41:36 PM

Author Topic: Meadow - Single  (Read 35257 times)

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Meadow - Single
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
A Gif's up on their FB page. Album artwork /next single teaser perhaps. Their Instagram profile has a static version of the same up...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155894929122906&id=134914122905

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
A Gif's up on their FB page. Album artwork /next single teaser perhaps. Their Instagram profile has a static version of the same up...

I actually love the eye thing. No clue what it is or means, but it just works. Whatever it is or means, it looks very different than anything were used to

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »

I actually love the eye thing. No clue what it is or means, but it just works. Whatever it is or means, it looks very different than anything were used to

Yeah, seems like they're going with a more modern illustration style unlike their previous paint and photo feel... If that makes sense, hehe :)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »
It's added a lot of plays this week and is up to no.8 FMQB active rock, one of  the biggest gainers. It'll probably go top 10 Billboard Mainstream Rock this week.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2018, 06:04:45 PM »
Could today be the day we receive word of the album's release date?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2018, 12:04:58 PM »
Up to no.7 Billboard Mainsteam Rock

Up to no. 24 Billboard Rock Airplay

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2018, 07:12:20 PM »
They band has also updated the eye logo thingy with a little addition to it.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2018, 08:33:51 PM »
They band has also updated the eye logo thingy with a little addition to it.

thanks, I saw that as well........I guess their mgt team has decided this is the best way to promote upcoming/new releases as the Meadow artwork followed a similar pattern.  I wish they would just release the info about the new album, I'm not sure if this once-a-day release an image thing is really generating any buzz, even on this forum.   
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »
..... I'm not sure if this once-a-day release an image thing is really generating any buzz, even on this forum.

Not at all.  STP has a long history of blue-balling their fans.  More blue balls is not going to generate hype.  That might work for some other band, like Foo Fighters, but not STP.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2018, 12:12:58 AM »
..... I'm not sure if this once-a-day release an image thing is really generating any buzz, even on this forum.

Not at all.  STP has a long history of blue-balling their fans.  More blue balls is not going to generate hype.  That might work for some other band, like Foo Fighters, but not STP.

I agree the general marketing and promotion could use some work. However, I am happy this band is actually moving forward after taking time off and searching for a singer. It seemed like for a while new songs, a new singer, new shows, and a new album would never see the light of day. Now, all of that is actually coming together.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:48 AM »
STP really have no idea how to do this hype thing properly. Maybe that might change with time if they let Jeff run that side of things, he seems to understand the value in social media. As for this slow reveal of that image, they don't have a large enough active fan base for that to work right now. The Foo Fighters could do that and it would work. For now they need to be teasing songs or in studio footage that music news sites can actually write about. Honestly they need someone like Brett to run things. Scott's social media presence was like day and night after someone who knew what they were doing took over.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2018, 02:16:33 AM »
STP really have no idea how to do this hype thing properly. Maybe that might change with time if they let Jeff run that side of things, he seems to understand the value in social media. As for this slow reveal of that image, they don't have a large enough active fan base for that to work right now. The Foo Fighters could do that and it would work. For now they need to be teasing songs or in studio footage that music news sites can actually write about. Honestly they need someone like Brett to run things. Scott's social media presence was like day and night after someone who knew what they were doing took over.

I'd happily do it, but their PR/management seems to have an issue with me since I broke all that news like Chester quitting and leaking the singer search website. Right around then their publicist started ignoring me and I think someone on the management team even banned me on their FB for awhile until Matt Beere went in and unbanned me. I don't think this extends to the band though, as Robert follows me on Twitter along with Dean's wife. Wish they could find someone who loves their music and gets it though to run it!

Scott's death really sucked because I had so many ideas on how to connect him with fans even more on social media and I planned to talk to him at an LA show about it, wanted to show him fans still cared about him and hadn't given up hope. Very sad. :( Glad for a time though I got to, and also pay tribute to his legacy for a little bit.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2018, 11:15:41 AM »
Still heading upwards.

Up to no.6 Billboard Mainstream Rock.

Up to no.24 Billboard Rock Airplay

I wonder if they'll be pulling it soon to make room for Roll Me Under? It would nice to see STP with two tracks on the charts.