June 30, 2024, 05:31:52 AM

Author Topic: Meadow - Single  (Read 31732 times)

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Meadow - Single
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »
It doesn’t have to be seen that way. Zeppelin was treated that way by its members

Zeppelin played a massive concert years ago with Jason Bonham. They sold tickets for hundreds of dollars and then produced a DVD of it and sold tons of copies. They even showed it in some movie theaters.

Did that ruin their legacy?

Or is that okay because Jason is family? Should Dean, Robert, and Eric have waited for Noah Weiland to come of age?

What the fuck, this is stupid.
This is literally the dumbest thing you could have come up with. Only would have been relevant if I was complaining about them doing one show or maybe one tour, not them attempting to just carrying on with a reality show contestant and making new music.

Maybe my point was dumb, but your whole argument is dumb, so what did you expect?

Your argument is so imbecilic that I sincerely can't get serious enough about it to give a meaningful response. My Noah Weiland bit is all you get, because that's all your argument is worth. It's ridiculous.

It's like trying to have a meaningful debate with a flat-earther. Wait, tell me you're not a flat-earther...
My point is time tested and true. Bands wear out their legitimacy when they keep pushing things too far. Sublime with rome, journey, GNR  during the Chinese democracy era  and to a lot of people van Hagar.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
It doesn’t have to be seen that way. Zeppelin was treated that way by its members

Zeppelin played a massive concert years ago with Jason Bonham. They sold tickets for hundreds of dollars and then produced a DVD of it and sold tons of copies. They even showed it in some movie theaters.

Did that ruin their legacy?

Or is that okay because Jason is family? Should Dean, Robert, and Eric have waited for Noah Weiland to come of age?

What the fuck, this is stupid.
This is literally the dumbest thing you could have come up with. Only would have been relevant if I was complaining about them doing one show or maybe one tour, not them attempting to just carrying on with a reality show contestant and making new music.

Maybe my point was dumb, but your whole argument is dumb, so what did you expect?

Your argument is so imbecilic that I sincerely can't get serious enough about it to give a meaningful response. My Noah Weiland bit is all you get, because that's all your argument is worth. It's ridiculous.

It's like trying to have a meaningful debate with a flat-earther. Wait, tell me you're not a flat-earther...
My point is time tested and true. Bands wear out their legitimacy when they keep pushing things too far. Sublime with rome, journey, GNR  during the Chinese democracy era  and to a lot of people van Hagar.

With this rigid stance you're taking on all of this you are definitely included in this.  You are also in the Brian Johnson ruined AC/DC's legacy camp which is ridiculous.

Since you're the one complaining about people comparing "apples to oranges" with their arguments I think you can take Sublime with Rome out of this considering this board is pretty split on how much the De Leo's wrote vs how much Weiland wrote.  I think we all agree Bradley Nowell wrote most of what is called Sublime.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2018, 06:19:18 PM »
Answer the question, Legacy. Are you a flat-earther or no?

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2018, 06:57:02 PM »
I guess the only important opinion is the band's. They are STP, whether the cry-babies like it or not. All the pissing and moaning in the world won't change that.

STP fans can look forward to a new album in a few months (can't wait personally), and everybody else can go back to lighting candles at their Scott Weiland shrines.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
On the march again.

Up to no.11 Billboard Mainstream Rock.

Up to No.11 FMQB Active Rock

Up to no.25 Billboard Rock Airplay

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2018, 02:20:53 AM »
So STP debuted the single, played a gig, and now..... waiting, waiting, waiting.... They either should play a one off surprise gig somewhere to keep their name out there; or just do SOMETHING to keep the momentum going. Way too much space between November and March to do absolutely nothing. Especially for a brand they are pretty much using a defibrillator on at this point. That lead single was nice and strong, they should be busy building up things right now around it until the record release. At least they have a tour of big festival dates in the immediate months after the release to support it. If the record has three more LEGIT singles on it, this could be a very good summer for the guys. March will be here before we know it!

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »
So STP debuted the single, played a gig, and now..... waiting, waiting, waiting.... They either should play a one off surprise gig somewhere to keep their name out there; or just do SOMETHING to keep the momentum going. Way too much space between November and March to do absolutely nothing. Especially for a brand they are pretty much using a defibrillator on at this point. That lead single was nice and strong, they should be busy building up things right now around it until the record release. At least they have a tour of big festival dates in the immediate months after the release to support it. If the record has three more LEGIT singles on it, this could be a very good summer for the guys. March will be here before we know it!

I think the only logical assumption we can make right now is they are frantically trying to get a version of "Glide" on the shelf with Jeff Gutt on vocals.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »
Don't bet on the album landing in March in time for the tour. The tour is only 5 weeks away, you'd think if they had an album ready to go, they would have announced a release date already.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
Don't bet on the album landing in March in time for the tour. The tour is only 5 weeks away, you'd think if they had an album ready to go, they would have announced a release date already.
Agreed.  I'm thinking we're looking at a later release date.  Maybe May.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 24, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »
The band said March and not sure why that would change the single is doing well and next month they will drop the second single why would they kill the momentum and wait till May.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 24, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
You do realise what band we are talking about, right?

Besdies, I think they said Spring, not March. They aren't talking about the album at ALL, only the tour.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

Perhaps we'll get another single by then though? Maybe they'll even play 2-3 new songs on the tour (just not the festival dates).

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
They just updated their social media accounts with two eye things.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:04:19 PM by foou33 »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
They just updated their social media account with two eye things.

Just went on their twitter to look at this and saw the Rock USA festival they're playing on?  Holy shit.  What a fucking abomination.