September 29, 2024, 02:34:45 PM

Author Topic: Meadow - Single  (Read 35200 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Meadow - Single
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »
Meadow is down to #14 on the Mainstream Rock chart (#13 last week).  It's also up to #27 on the Rock Airplay chart (#29 last week).
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
Meadow is down to #14 on the Mainstream Rock chart (#13 last week).  It's also up to #27 on the Rock Airplay chart (#29 last week).

Really not bad for a band on their 3rd singer who's put out 1 album in the past 15 years, even if this is the peak. It's a good song, glad the boys are achieving some success on their own.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2018, 06:34:08 PM »
If they are planning on releasing the new album in March, I would have to think that they will announce the release date this month?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2018, 08:38:48 PM »
Really not bad for a band on their 3rd singer who's put out 1 album in the past 15 years, even if this is the peak. It's a good song, glad the boys are achieving some success on their own.

It's hovering now, back up to 13 Mainstream rock, down 1 to 28 on Rock Airplay.

Haven't heard a peep from them since they released it though! No radio performances, no interviews. Isn't this the time they are supposed to be doing that stuff? They've done absolutely no promo on this thing at all. It's a miracle it is where it is on the charts.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »

Haven't heard a peep from them since they released it though! No radio performances, no interviews. Isn't this the time they are supposed to be doing that stuff? They've done absolutely no promo on this thing at all. It's a miracle it is where it is on the charts.

Agreed, there's been absolutely no promo for this single other than the week it was released.

I have a feeling that the single that will be released when the album is released and the tour begins is a stronger song and they're holding it back until then.  (At least, I hope).  In any case, the next single should chart better than Meadow regardless if it's a better song or not since it should have more promo behind it.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »

Agreed, there's been absolutely no promo for this single other than the week it was released.

I have a feeling that the single that will be released when the album is released and the tour begins is a stronger song and they're holding it back until then.  (At least, I hope).  In any case, the next single should chart better than Meadow regardless if it's a better song or not since it should have more promo behind it.

What promo did they do for out of time differently? I remember basically the same approach yet that managed to have much more success. Then again it wasn’t terrible

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »

What promo did they do for out of time differently? I remember basically the same approach yet that managed to have much more success. Then again it wasn’t terrible

They at least had an EP out and soon after they were touring.  This time they released the single in November but the album and tour won't happen until March.

I also wouldn't say that Out Of Time was a big success in comparison to previous STP singles.  Between The Lines hit #1 on both the Mainstream Rock and Alternative charts.  Out Of Time hit #1 on the Mainstream Rock chart but only #22 on the Alternative chart (even with the Chester Bennington star power behind it).  So it did chart better than Meadow has so far, but it wasn't the greatest.  Also, Meadow has already charted better than the only other single from the High Rise EP, Black Heart.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:52:33 PM by Jim The Stimulator »

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2018, 01:22:50 AM »

They at least had an EP out and soon after they were touring.  This time they released the single in November but the album and tour won't happen until March.

I also wouldn't say that Out Of Time was a big success in comparison to previous STP singles.  Between The Lines hit #1 on both the Mainstream Rock and Alternative charts.  Out Of Time hit #1 on the Mainstream Rock chart but only #22 on the Alternative chart (even with the Chester Bennington star power behind it).  So it did chart better than Meadow has so far, but it wasn't the greatest.  Also, Meadow has already charted better than the only other single from the High Rise EP, Black Heart.
Yeah but it’s not like they played late night or anything. It’s not that big of a difference. And I know out of time wasn’t the greatest charter but that’s the point, Meadow can’t even keep up with that lower standard.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2018, 09:44:00 AM »
What exactly do you expect? They are on their 3rd singer, and are a 90s rock band who have only put out one album in the last 16 years.

They gave me my adult lifetime of music, I only hope for the best for them, I certainly wouldn't get a kick out of seeing them not do well. Can't understand that mindset.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
What exactly do you expect? They are on their 3rd singer, and are a 90s rock band who have only put out one album in the last 16 years.

They gave me my adult lifetime of music, I only hope for the best for them, I certainly wouldn't get a kick out of seeing them not do well. Can't understand that mindset.
I just want them to stop pissing on their legacy and apparently failure is the only thing that will get them to change their routes. I would love them to see them succeed if they formed something new

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

I just want them to stop pissing on their legacy and apparently failure is the only thing that will get them to change their routes. I would love them to see them succeed if they formed something new
Ultimately, its their career and they can do what they want.  I get your sentiment somewhat, but I think its flawed.  This is their livelihood and they dont owe you anything.  Its funny that to me that people love using this argument in the world of music.  It really doesn't hold up and it shows a lack of care or understanding for the artists themselves.  We dont tell Apple to stop making products after Steve Jobs died or demand that they change the company name.   

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2018, 09:22:58 PM »

This is exactly what I don't understand. I have no concept of how or why you feel like this. You say you want them to be successful, but only if they first throw away everything they worked for for 30 years and try and make it again in a new band, to satisfy some arbitrary standard of integrity you've set for them.

Just seems like risible, childish nonsense to me. YMMV.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2018, 06:11:09 AM »

This is exactly what I don't understand. I have no concept of how or why you feel like this. You say you want them to be successful, but only if they first throw away everything they worked for for 30 years and try and make it again in a new band, to satisfy some arbitrary standard of integrity you've set for them.

Just seems like risible, childish nonsense to me. YMMV.
They don’t have to throw away anything, their past success has given them a platform. If the only way they are able to release music is because the band name they use then maybe they shouldn’t be doing it at all.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
Oh really? They shouldn't?

You know all about making it in the music business as a 50 something bunch of guys in a brand new band do you? Should be a doddle eh, they do have a platform, Deleo and Kretz are virtually household names after all.

Fuck me, I really don't know how you can keep a straight face while typing this nonsense.