September 19, 2024, 07:41:46 PM

Author Topic: It's official: Jeff Gutt is the new STP singer  (Read 19287 times)

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Jeff Gutt is the new STP singer
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
Jeff sounds pretty good on Down and Coma. There are shades of Scott, he just doesn't sound as... confident? Convincing? at times.

I appreciated Chester as an artist, but not for STP. Never felt like the right match to me. This has potential.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
I appreciated Chester as an artist, but not for STP. Never felt like the right match to me. This has potential.

Chester was damn good commercially for STP. He discovered new younger  audience for the band. It was a blast. Very good turn.

He tried to replace Scott, copied his image and moves. But the difference was that Chester's voice was probably too sweet for STP.
Scott's voice was initially like whiskey and later like beer, and Chester was like syrup for STP.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2017, 05:17:19 PM »

Chester was damn good commercially for STP. He discovered new younger  audience for the band. It was a blast. Very good turn.

He tried to replace Scott, copied his image and moves. But the difference was that Chester's voice was probably too sweet for STP.
Scott's voice was initially like whiskey and later like beer, and Chester was like syrup for STP.

I’d agree with that. Whilst I realise Chester was a talented vocalist I just personally never liked his style, it seemed to switch from his singing voice which was very soft and sweet, almost boyband sounding at times, to full on screamo which just grated on me. I wasn’t a fan of Linkin Park and I wasn’t a fan of his work with STP either but this Jeff Gutt guy, on this song at least has a voice that is pleasing to my ears.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
Meadow is a very good song, I like it!
I had the midwife naked and alone

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2017, 10:55:51 PM »
It's kind of funny how they still have not actually said Gutt's name on the STP social media pages (that I've seen).  Just a band pic.  No name, no bio, no introduction. No "hey everyone, here is our new singer - Jeff Gutt!". Nothing. Not surprised, but just seems strange to me.