September 25, 2024, 07:24:35 AM

Author Topic: Puzzle piece?  (Read 17503 times)

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle piece?
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2017, 04:15:34 AM »
Well it's obviously not Shinn, but I disagree. The Turn is the best thing Live did since The Distance To Here. A great album.

Don't mean the album and them together wasn't awesome but his voice was a stretch compared to their previous sound. That being said yes it was their best work in a long time. Too bad though that the Gracious Few didn't have more legs. Another fantastic album by part of live and candlebox together top notch.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2017, 04:34:59 AM »
Here's a question. They've released each puzzle piece at about 10am EST each day. Will the single be released at that time Tuesday, or will they wait until after the concert that night?

Did we comfirm Meadow is a single? I guess it could be the title of an album, no? Either way, its crazy to think new material from STP is actually on the horizon.

Whether Meadow is an album or a single, they will likely release a single to advertise the new singer like they did with Chester.

I just wonder if said single will be released in the morning when they are releasing the puzzle pieces, or at night after the concert.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2017, 05:47:35 AM »
Either way, its crazy to think new material from STP is actually on the horizon.

Who would have ever thought when the self titled was released, it would be more than 7 years until their next record, and Scott would be dead? Wasn't on my radar in 2010.

It is crazy. I am excited for the sheer prospect of new material from STP. I'm genuinely optimistic that the new singer will be a good fit, but my expectations are heavily tempered.

My personal ranking of STP's releases goes something like this:
1. Purple
2. Core
3. SLDD
4. Tiny Music
5. No. 4
6. High Rise
7. S/T

I'm expecting this new material to be somewhere between #5 - #7. I don't think it will be any better than the original five albums with Scott, but I do think it will be at least as good as S/T, probably better -- simply because what I perceive as bringing that album down was Scott's lack of passion for the project. (Not that it was a "bad" album by any stretch -- just not up to STP's standards imo.)

Whether it will be better than High Rise is the question for me. I loved Chester's talent, personality, work ethic, and genuine love for the band, but while the five songs were well-crafted, I didn't feel like they were the same STP. It truly felt like Stone Temple Pilots... featuring Chester Bennington. That's not Chester's fault. He did an exceptionally admirable job during his stint in STP, and I probably would have been happy were he still with us and still in the band. But something was still missing. Maybe it was the fuller baritone range or just the dysfunction I had become so accustomed to.

They are obviously going all-in this time with their new singer, so we will have to see how well the new guy fits -- how well his vocals mesh with the band, how good his vocal-writing chops are, how the chemistry is on stage, etc.

I'm excited, but I'm guarded. I don't want to get my hopes up too much this time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised that the guy they picked is really a great fit and the new music is really special.

To say you are excited and guarded is exactly how i feel. Its a great time to be a fan because after everything that has happened, im so happy to see these guys have a fufure. This makes me happy. However, i also dont just embrace every STP release because its STP. I absolutely hated High Rise and the self titled album. While i realize many fans do not share this view, going from Creep to Huckleberry Crumble was difficult for me to get behind. Specifically, i had an issue with the music. To me, Core and all other albums had real songs and not the three minute messes that were on the self titled. Crap like Bagman was hard to swallow. Im doing my best to be optomistic and am looking forward to sharing my view and hearing what others think too once the new music comes out.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:56 AM »
Well it's obviously not Shinn, but I disagree. The Turn is the best thing Live did since The Distance To Here. A great album.

Don't mean the album and them together wasn't awesome but his voice was a stretch compared to their previous sound. That being said yes it was their best work in a long time. Too bad though that the Gracious Few didn't have more legs. Another fantastic album by part of live and candlebox together top notch.

Agree. That album was brilliant.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »
Not to push an agenda, more a personal preference... but listen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAFb08Ph_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfeOZLLb8Y
Has that softer vibe with hard rock...
3 days to go and we find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who "Mina Caputo" is, but I think it's pretty safe to say she posts on this board now.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:54 PM »
I think not.

She used to be called Keith Caputo, she's a killer vocalist and she sings for Life of Agony. I am sure she has better things to do than promote herself on STP fan boards.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
I think not.

She used to be called Keith Caputo, she's a killer vocalist and she sings for Life of Agony. I am sure she has better things to do than promote herself on STP fan boards.

Well then whoever it is is REALLY pushing for this.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Stone Template Pilot

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:20 PM »

I think not.

Well then whoever it is is REALLY pushing for this.

I am expressing a wish and opinion... like many others, for different singers. Not everything is a Reddit conspiracy my friend.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:23 PM »
I think not.

There were a lot of people pushing for Mina to be the singer, including lots of journalists. Me too, once I knew i didn't have a chance myself. There was an article where the interviewer made her seem crazily desperate to be the singer in STP.  This was mis-representation. She loves STP as much as the rest of us,but she's in LOA ,who are brilliant and play sold out shows all over the world.  To think she would come on here and 'Do an Henri' (that's pretend to be someone else to promote herself to those not in on that joke) ,especially at this stage, is ludicrous. 
   Also,here is a definition of 'dead naming'.  http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Deadnaming
Have a read if you've been part of this thread, or other threads and are confused about the implications of using someone's birth name,that they themselves no longer use.
Peace, TJ.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:21:15 PM by TheWaterThatYouLeave »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
It's officially "Meadow".  Now we wait for more info..
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »
It's officially "Meadow".  Now we wait for more info..

Hoping there's a link/release of a single at least
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2017, 04:33:01 PM »
The full puzzle picture is not up on the website, for me anyway, so maybe they are getting ready to toss something up there soon. Maybe a full band pic?
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2017, 04:37:38 PM »
The full puzzle picture is not up on the website, for me anyway, so maybe they are getting ready to toss something up there soon. Maybe a full band pic?

Yeah, not up for me either.  i was holding out some hope that when they update it we'll get somethign new
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2017, 04:40:03 PM »

My guess (and hope) is that when the full picture comes up it'll have a link to the single.

My worry is that they may be holding off until after tonights concert.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »

yeah the same thought occurred to me when I visited their main page after the final puzzle piece went up.  Probably going to be posting something soon
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!