September 25, 2024, 09:33:37 AM

Author Topic: Puzzle piece?  (Read 17528 times)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle piece?
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
I bet the STP guys are very busy right now rehearsing, preparing press contacts, etc. Very exciting.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »
I bet the STP guys are very busy right now rehearsing, preparing press contacts, etc. Very exciting.

I was just saying the other day how I wasn't excited, but the prospect of a full album already recorded and ready has me excited/nervous. I was a fully ready to go into the indefinite future release grind again, so this kind of got me excited. But at the same time I'm terrified the end result will be underwhelming. So yeah, I just want to flash forward to Tuesday and get this all over with.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
Some tech savy individual should be putting these puzzle pieces together
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

I was just saying the other day how I wasn't excited, but the prospect of a full album already recorded and ready has me excited/nervous. I was a fully ready to go into the indefinite future release grind again, so this kind of got me excited. But at the same time I'm terrified the end result will be underwhelming. So yeah, I just want to flash forward to Tuesday and get this all over with.

If this release is as bland as the self titled, we will know they really need an outside producer working with them.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 09:23:05 PM »
Like most of you, I am beginning to get very excited about the many ideas that are floating around. Who is the singer? When will a new album be released? Will there be a full tour? There are many exciting things going on right now and this is actually a great time to be a fan of this group, and because I consider us to be die hard fans, that makes things even sweeter since we have a tendency to celebrate anything and everything they do.

I always felt the Chester thing would not last. It seemed like a two-fold idea: Chester got to fulfill a lifelong goal and the STP guys got noticed once again, perhaps this time by a younger crowd that they missed when bands like Linkin Park were taking over. Either way, it was nice to see the boys in STP enjoying themselves, playing together, and being happy. Although I never loved Chester as their singer, I could tell the boys were very proud to be themselves at that moment and I was glad to be a fan. You could tell at times they were on their high horses without a doubt.

That being said, I am looking very forward to this new piece in the STP book of history. We have many new chapters that are currently being written and I am very happy this band is continuing to make music despite some of the criticisms they faced when all of this was first announced. I feel like so much time has gone by that I was unsure if any of this was really going to happen and this is because I had been let down so many times in the past. However, it seems as if my apprehensions will be completely unfounded.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »
Some tech savy individual should be putting these puzzle pieces together

check stonetemplepilots.com they're updating it every day.

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 10:45:08 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »
I'm psyched for whatever is coming, but if Jeff Gutt is the singer and Brenden O'Brien is the producer of a new album, it will be absolutely tremendous.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2017, 01:56:35 AM »
I’m very excited for Tuesday to see what they announce.  Maybe it’s because Scott is permanently gone, but i’m feeling much more accepting of a new singer than I was a few years ago.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2017, 02:08:46 AM »
I’m very excited for Tuesday to see what they announce.  Maybe it’s because Scott is permanently gone, but i’m feeling much more accepting of a new singer than I was a few years ago.

I think even those of us who accepted Chester always held out hope that Scott would get his shit together and reunite with the band, but now it's different with both of them gone.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:01 AM »
I'm psyched for whatever is coming, but if Jeff Gutt is the singer and Brenden O'Brien is the producer of a new album, it will be absolutely tremendous.

I'm hoping for Jeff Gutt. Seeing that acoustic performance of Plush sold it for me!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2017, 04:04:34 AM »

If this release is as bland as the self titled, we will know they really need an outside producer working with them.

Self Titled and High Rise we’re both very bland musically. The last album by the Deleo’s that was interesting to me musically was the Army Of Anyone album in 2006, which is crazy when you think about it. They’re such talented musicians, they’ve crafted such beautiful music in the past and I do hope they can bring that magic back again.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

The_Bagman

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2017, 04:23:00 AM »

Self Titled and High Rise we’re both very bland musically. The last album by the Deleo’s that was interesting to me musically was the Army Of Anyone album in 2006, which is crazy when you think about it. They’re such talented musicians, they’ve crafted such beautiful music in the past and I do hope they can bring that magic back again.

I disagree with Self title and the High Rise comment, Whilst not their best work their are some really great moments in both releases, I would say they are their least consistent works but think about the context. Scott wasnt in the same studio for Self Titled and Chester was tooing and frowing from STP to Linkin Park with the Black Heart vocals being tracked just in time before he went on tour with LP.

Im hoping they have put some killer rocking tracks together, I would love a cross between No4 and Shangri

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:58 AM »
Noticed it had a yellow brick road.  Was wonder the if it had something to do with the wizzard of oz. HA HA.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2017, 07:05:16 AM »
It'll clearly say "Stone Temple Pilots" across the top.  My guess is that it may say "The Meadow" in the bottom right.  So they may release the left middle piece next, then the top middle, top right, bottom middle, bottom right
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)