September 25, 2024, 07:38:42 AM

Author Topic: STP announce first show with new singer  (Read 27733 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP announce first show with new singer
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2017, 03:44:19 AM »
Sept 7, 2017 - "We hope to find a singer..."
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/robert-deleo-on-stone-temple-pilots-future-we-all-feel-we-want-to-continue/

Sept 29, 2017 - "We are working with somebody...
"   
http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-making-music-with-new-singer-hope-to-put-out-new-record-soon/

In a span of 3 weeks, there is no way that a meticulous group like STP can co-write and record songs (even for an EP) with a singer they chose just recently.

It is either they lined all audition footage up and reviewed them one by one, while co-writing with other singers they are convenient to work with, then towards the home stretch, they chose the fittest guy

OR

someone has been chosen all along then they just considered other people which could add up to the hype.

If they had intentions of hiring a foreigner, then the process where you had to sneak in a singer to their studio to finish a record was not feasible at all. It was geographically-biased to begin with. 

The only way to have a level playing field for ALL audition finalists is if:

1) co-writing (whether in a single or multiple sessions) did NOT guarantee you the job, but all contributions are relinquished in favor of the band
2) they can choose a singer after the whole process and only then will they develop a recording and tour schedule

Just my 2 cents. 

(And not denying that STP said they are working with someone NOT from the submissions)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:07:50 AM by skunkyfunk »

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »
They could have the music recorded (they were working on an album with Chester in 2014/2015) and then found a singer they liked. That's what happened with Rockstar: Supernova (remember that?) and I think a bulk of the first VR album.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
I want to know how they manage to keep a secret like this so well.

We're a matter of days from the concert, there must surely be hundreds of people who know who this guy is, lawyers, industry people, promoters. Amazed nothing has leaked.

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »

We're a matter of days from the concert, there must surely be hundreds of people who know who this guy is, lawyers, industry people, promoters. Amazed nothing has leaked.

I agree completely. But Chester was a secret till they played the Weenie Roast.   That’s not to say this won’t be leaked before Tuesday night’s show.
Werd to Big Berd!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2017, 05:08:48 PM »

STP's popularity is a shell of a shell of itself right now. They have their hardcore following still but it isn't enough to get good info. From a promotional standpoint, im not sure that all the secrecy is a good idea. But what do I know. Am rooting for the guys to make a good second first impression with the new singer. Ill always back STP. Lets see if the new music exceeds our expectations.

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2017, 07:14:08 PM »
Ok guys, I did it. I got the real info about this "blow job" nonsense, and the truth about the album. I have special contact with Erik Kretz. He's known my uncle since they were in grade school, and if I'm certain, Kretz even got a blow job from my uncle's girlfriend at the time. What I've found out is that the new album is not called "Meadow", it is called "My Meadow", a concept album about Kretz' "land down under". Dean Deleo claims that this is a very "personal" album for him, and that John Borja was responsible for writing 99% of the lyrics, only to be ousted and replaced under the legal agreement.   The rumor that is circulating is that Erik Kretz will be equipped with a headset microphone, one similar to that of the backstreet boys, to fulfill vocal duties. Robert Deleo apparently has been replaced by a beats pill blasting bass parts. One more thing to be noted is that the lead single "The Meadow" holds the same exact sample used in "Coma". Instead of Kretz belting out "Don't staaayy" he screams out "Hep C------"

More info to follow...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:27:31 PM by CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY »
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »
Ok guys, I did it. I got the real info about this "blow job" nonsense, and the truth about the album. I have special contact with Erik Kretz. He's known my uncle since they were in grade school, and if I'm certain, Kretz even got a blow job from my uncle's girlfriend at the time. What I've found out is that the new album is not called "Meadow", it is called "My Meadow", a concept album about Kretz' "land down under". Dean Deleo claims that this is a very "personal" album for him, and that John Borja was responsible for writing 99% of the lyrics, only to be ousted and replaced under the legal agreement.   The rumor that is circulating is that Erik Kretz will be equipped with a headset microphone, one similar to that of the backstreet boys, to fulfill vocal duties. Robert Deleo apparently has been replaced by a beats pill blasting his bass parts.

More info to follow...
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »
Apologies in advance if someone else mentioned this, but I didnt see the confirmation anywhere.  Heard this on Sirius XM-36 (Alt Nation) this morning-

STP's first show with the new singer will be played live on SiriusXM Lithium-34 at 5-6:30pm EST on Friday.  There will be many repeats over next weekend as well.

PROOF: https://www.siriusxm.com/lithium (then scroll down and select this Friday).

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
Thanks Aaron! I wonder why they’re doing it so early in the evening.

I don’t have SiriusXM, but it looks like they offer a free trial. I wonder if we could sign up for that to hear it.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2017, 03:47:06 PM »
Wait, Friday? I thought it was tomorrow. How would they broadcast it “live” on Friday if the show was recorded on Tuesday?

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »
skunkyfunk is Borja. Breaking news.

Stone Template Pilot

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »

skunkyfunk is Borja. Breaking news.

So many conspiracies!!!!!!!! The excitement is turning us all crazy!!!!!!

Seriously, what happened to Borja . . . is he definitely out of the running?

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
Wait, Friday? I thought it was tomorrow. How would they broadcast it “live” on Friday if the show was recorded on Tuesday?
Yes, Friday, definitely not happening live :)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »
In other words, we are stuck with crappy iPhone videos on YouTube until Friday.  ::)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2017, 06:14:33 PM »
They probably need time to edit the performance. I'm nearly certain we won't have to wait until Friday for the news. I'm sure the press will kick off on Tuesday with the release of the single.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.