September 24, 2024, 11:33:10 PM

Author Topic: STP announce first show with new singer  (Read 27687 times)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: STP announce first show with new singer
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »
https://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-announce-first-concert-new-singer/

Hi Brett,

Did you receive an invite to the show?

I could ask their publicist, but I got the cold shoulder from her when I broke the news (via Scott) that Chester was quitting and also broke news of the online singer search. AN asked for an interview after the singer search was announced and she turned us down when all of our requests for anything had for the most part been accommodated 2013-2015. I actually stopped contacting her sometime after that time and didn't bother for the Core 25 stuff. Robert follows me on Twitter but I don't feel like bothering him for anything.

To be honest I don't really even have any interest in going to the show. I saw the real STP with Scott a lot during the reunion, and with Chester a few times as well where I got to meet them, so I don't really see the point, I'll never top those experiences. I'm more eager to hear new music than anything. I totally support them going out there and playing the STP songs but it's not something I personally have a ton of interest in going to see myself. I'm really picky about concerts these days though since I've seen everyone I want to see, and two of my favorite singers are now dead :(

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »
https://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-announce-first-concert-new-singer/

Hi Brett,

Did you receive an invite to the show?

I could ask their publicist, but I got the cold shoulder from her when I broke the news (via Scott) that Chester was quitting and also broke news of the online singer search. AN asked for an interview after the singer search was announced and she turned us down when all of our requests for anything had for the most part been accommodated 2013-2015. I actually stopped contacting her sometime after that time and didn't bother for the Core 25 stuff. Robert follows me on Twitter but I don't feel like bothering him for anything.

To be honest I don't really even have any interest in going to the show. I saw the real STP with Scott a lot during the reunion, and with Chester a few times as well where I got to meet them, so I don't really see the point, I'll never top those experiences. I'm more eager to hear new music than anything. I totally support them going out there and playing the STP songs but it's not something I personally have a ton of interest in going to see myself. I'm really picky about concerts these days though since I've seen everyone I want to see, and two of my favorite singers are now dead :(

Whoever she is, many questions need to be answered.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »

The truth will prevail.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
I could ask their publicist....

Ask them if the show is being broadcast on SiriusXM. None of the press about the show state that it will be, which makes me worry it's not.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »

Ask them if the show is being broadcast on SiriusXM. None of the press about the show state that it will be, which makes me worry it's not.

I doubt they'd broadcast it without annoncing it. My guess is they'll record the show, and then broadcast it at a later date with a proper mix and everything.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »

I doubt they'd broadcast it without annoncing it. My guess is they'll record the show, and then broadcast it at a later date with a proper mix and everything.

We've heard the "we recorded it and will release it later" story before. Hopefully they let people use their phones at the gig. This is starting to turn towards another missed opportunity.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »
I wish I could get excited for this... I just feel nothing.
Oh well at least we finally got the reissue of ‘Core’ this year and I’m hoping ‘Purple’ is next.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »
I wish I could get excited for this... I just feel nothing.
Oh well at least we finally got the reissue of ‘Core’ this year and I’m hoping ‘Purple’ is next.

Not much to feel excited about until we know how the new guy sounds and writes. I'm intrigued right now, I'll be excited if I like what I hear.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2017, 01:40:10 AM »
 Well maybe some of you are not excited about it but I know I am! Whether some if you like it or not we will get some new STP and a new chapter in the STP saga! Looks shouldn't matter and if the new singer has the voice then he's golden but I do at least hope the individual has some fashion pizazz or style or at least his own style. Big shoes to fill with Scott's fashion sense. Guess we shall wait and soon find out!

8)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 04:06:49 AM »

The truth will prevail.

It will.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2017, 06:41:14 AM »
On a Tuesday night at The Troubadour, to some Sirius subscribers and, one assumes, a whole bunch of industry.
Truth might hurt, in a variety of ways.

The new singer is probably brilliant. Good luck to them.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »
If the guy is not Pete Murray, wouldn't Pete have said, by now, that he's not the guy? Surely he's aware of the speculation.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 04:24:48 PM »
At this point I’m just curious as to who it may be... for some reason I don’t think it’s Pete Murray. But I️ also thought Trump didn’t stand a chance last November. So who the hell so you guys think it is?

Also - the STP twitter account was updated just a few minutes ago. For whatever that’s worth.
Werd to Big Berd!

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
First clue/puzzle piece for the new album cover on Facebook and Twitter?  :D