September 24, 2024, 11:24:50 PM

Author Topic: STP announce first show with new singer  (Read 27677 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP announce first show with new singer
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
If at least one song isn't played then we can file this under the STP missed opportunities. They'll need to either release a pro copy of the song being played live or a studio version given the size of the venue.
Definitely agree with this.  Need to have at least some new music. 

Maybe we will get a new song like they did with Chester at Weenie Roast!

I hope so. I really do hope they stick to their word of new music being the focus.

I think this is crucial - presumably they've got an album's worth of material, and in their shoes I would tour as if it was a new band entirely - 90% of the setlist be new material, with a couple of the hits thrown in.  If the setlist is primarily the hits, it's going to feel like a nostalgia act.
90% new material? ???  You are delusional! :)  Probably more like 2-3 new ones.  I also expect a shorter set like 45m-1hr.  I'd love to be wrong on both counts, but I just dont see it.  We'll see! 

You know what I want to see most from STP 3.0?  A tighter live show with more actual music time and less downtime between songs.  For being such a good live band, it gets SO OLD that they basically take 2min between every song.  Keep that shit moving along :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:32:09 PM by Aaron »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 06:46:53 PM »
Someone on here has to know, for sure. And I think y'all can stop worrying about your non disclosure agreements now fellas.

I know who it is.  I wish I could tell you.  The truth has prevailed.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »
Well, here we go. Wonder if the identity of the lead singer is going to remain a mystery until showtime. Fingers crossed.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
If at least one song isn't played then we can file this under the STP missed opportunities. They'll need to either release a pro copy of the song being played live or a studio version given the size of the venue.
Definitely agree with this.  Need to have at least some new music. 

I hope so. I really do hope they stick to their word of new music being the focus.

I think this is crucial - presumably they've got an album's worth of material, and in their shoes I would tour as if it was a new band entirely - 90% of the setlist be new material, with a couple of the hits thrown in.  If the setlist is primarily the hits, it's going to feel like a nostalgia act.
90% new material? ???  You are delusional! :)  Probably more like 2-3 new ones.  I also expect a shorter set like 45m-1hr.  I'd love to be wrong on both counts, but I just dont see it.  We'll see! 

You know what I want to see most from STP 3.0?  A tighter live show with more actual music time and less downtime between songs.  For being such a good live band, it gets SO OLD that they basically take 2min between every song.  Keep that shit moving along :)

90% new music would be awful.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 07:02:54 PM »
Really weird timing... I had a dream last night where they announced their new lead singer.

It was Johnny Depp and he was absolutely terrible.

But in any case, excited to see what's in store for us.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »
Really weird timing... I had a dream last night where they announced their new lead singer.

It was Johnny Depp and he was absolutely terrible.

But in any case, excited to see what's in store for us.

Ugh.  You're right.  That would be awful.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »

I think it's also crucial to prove whoever the new singer is can do justice to the old material. You need a range of stuff from the first five records, maybe a track or two they've never played live, and three or four new songs to prove the new singer can write new material.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »
I wish them luck.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »
Do we have a list of songs they have never played live?  Off the top of my head would be Ride the Cliche, Song for Sleeping, Transmissions from a Lonely Room, Glide (Talk Show version don't count), MC5.....

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:47 PM »
Do we have a list of songs they have never played live?  Off the top of my head would be Ride the Cliche, Song for Sleeping, Transmissions from a Lonely Room, Glide (Talk Show version don't count), MC5.....

How they never played "Glide" live is beyond me.

Why the hell wasn't that song released as a single?  Holy shit do I love that song.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »

Ride the Cliche

Glide
MC5

Dumb Love
Hello It's Late
Transmissions from a Lonely Room
A Song For Sleeping

Take A Load Off
Hazy Daze
Fast As I Can
Peacoat
First Kiss On Mars
Maver

Cry, Cry
Same on the Inside
Tomorrow

Only Dying
Samba Nova
About A Fool
You Can't Drive Me Away

Plus there's I Got You, which has only been played once that I know of.

How they never played "Glide" live is beyond me.

Why the hell wasn't that song released as a single?  Holy shit do I love that song.

I know Dean mentioned rehearsing it when the reunion first happened in 08, but I guess Scott's vocals weren't good enough. Why it wasn't one of the first things they broke out when Chester joined is beyond me.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:03:54 PM by Blue »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 08:52:28 PM »
Someone on here has to know, for sure. And I think y'all can stop worrying about your non disclosure agreements now fellas.

Write his name in a text file, zip it up in a password-protected .zip file, and upload the file here.

Then, after STP takes the stage on November 14th, and the new singer has been revealed, post the password here.

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »
WOO HOO! I AM SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!!! Just what I needed. Good news on a shitty week!
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »

I might be able to go to this, i called Bruce to see if he can get me on the guest list

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 02:31:58 AM »

Write his name in a text file, zip it up in a password-protected .zip file, and upload the file here.

Then, after STP takes the stage on November 14th, and the new singer has been revealed, post the password here.

Never going to happen. Love that you called him/her on it though.