September 24, 2024, 11:22:16 PM

Author Topic: Singer Submission finalists were given 2 extra songs to sing on?  (Read 4396 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Singer Submission finalists were given 2 extra songs to sing on?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
Who knows, maybe you just went on holiday, maybe he got an audition, but you don't even know John, god knows what your deal is. You've hardly proven to be a solid source of information, and the only way you'll prove it is if somebody flies 10,000 miles to physically inspect your evidence.

Seems legit.

Oh please if you do not see the proof I will reimburse your travel expenses.

But proof of what?  You haven't even made clear what you "know".  That John's the singer, that he had an audition, that they contacted him at all?  What would you be able to prove?

I'll reserve that for those who rooted for him. :)

Exactly, you've got nothing.  And for what it's worth, I have contact with someone in their camp and I was the one who made sure that Dean saw the original medley video of Borja....  I'm a fan of his singing.  Far from a fan of your "promotion" of him/your way of showing support
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:45:20 PM by Purple »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 10:59:36 PM »
Let’s hope it’s nof this guy...

https://youtu.be/z5W_Jd3bIxo
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 08:40:21 AM »
If John boring is the new vocalist, that means STP have lost their vision and class. Johnny has no delicate touch and tries waaay too hard. I'd never stop puking if I saw him play with STP. I have faith in our STP brothers to find the right person...

P.s. Don't you fucks have anything better to do with your time??

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »
Its not going to be Borja.  I would be incredibly shocked if it was.  IMO, there is zero chance that STP chooses someone that is essentially a one-trick pony after having as versatile a singer as Weiland.  Just like how Dean doesn't use a telecaster for every song, STP wont pick a singer that is only accomplished at one style to do a very wide reaching catalog that encompasses Bossa Nova, Rock, Pop, Glam, Country, etc. 

Borja's power and ability to do heavier material definitely rightfully earned him an audition spot.  He is absolutely talented.  I think Borja could be a great fit for a new band with some of the STP members (a la Army of Anyone) but considering the existing catalog, I feel pretty confident that STP knows they need someone that is a bit more versatile.  I dont care who here says they're in the know, until we hear an announcement nothing is decided. 

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
Its not going to be Borja.  I would be incredibly shocked if it was.  IMO, there is zero chance that STP chooses someone that is essentially a one-trick pony after having as versatile a singer as Weiland.  Just like how Dean doesn't use a telecaster for every song, STP wont pick a singer that is only accomplished at one style to do a very wide reaching catalog that encompasses Bossa Nova, Rock, Pop, Glam, Country, etc. 

Borja's power and ability to do heavier material definitely rightfully earned him an audition spot.  He is absolutely talented.  I think Borja could be a great fit for a new band with some of the STP members (a la Army of Anyone) but considering the existing catalog, I feel pretty confident that STP knows they need someone that is a bit more versatile.  I dont care who here says they're in the know, until we hear an announcement nothing is decided.

*Que skunkyfunk to argue that Borja does have the chops for the rest of the material but doesn't have any video/audio proof outside of the raspy Lady Picture Show cover *

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 06:20:35 AM »
Please pass the popcorn TJ.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
Is this raspy?

https://youtu.be/N1SJ6b0izQE
In my opinion that video proves my point.  He's a weaker singer on mellower material. 

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »
Everyone has opinions, and we know what opinions are like, but I stand by mine: Borja's got great pipes and great range. I have a few reservations about him myself, but his vocal ability, both on heavier and softer material, is not one of them. He's one of a very few I've seen so far that I'd be happy with STP choosing.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 07:05:39 PM »
Well at this point opinion doesn't matter. Dean has publicly confirmed that John isn't getting the job, nor is anyone else from the singer search. You're free to deny that all you want, but you're in for a rude awakening when they announce the actual new singer.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
Well at this point opinion doesn't matter. Dean has publicly confirmed that John isn't getting the job, nor is anyone else from the singer search. You're free to deny that all you want, but you're in for a rude awakening when they announce the actual new singer.

What I meant and should have said was, "He's one of a very few I've seen so far that I'd have been happy with STP choosing." I'm not denying what Dean said.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 03:35:27 AM »
I suppose this is not the end yet.

Davidssimpson2012

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2017, 07:05:46 AM »
Been a while since I signed in... well that escalated quickly...