September 24, 2024, 11:23:48 PM

Author Topic: Singer Submission finalists were given 2 extra songs to sing on?  (Read 4397 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
 ??? ??? ???

I cannot account for this but is it true that all the online submission finalists were given 2 songs to record on (apart from the 3 songs to choose from, i.e. ISL, Vasoline and TOAHIAPH) should the band find interest in them?

To my knowledge, it did not happen that way for some people I know.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Singer Submission finalists were given 2 extra songs to sing on?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:30:00 PM »
there were a few contestants that said that, yes. That STP reached out to them and said they liked what they heard but wanted to hear more. So they gave them other softer songs from the back catalog (I remember Atlanta being one song they asked a guy to sing). I'm too lazy to look it up but I definitely saw it. Doesn't mean that was the process for every "finalist", though. I think it some cases singers sounded really good one dimension-ally doing the Core deep raspy thing and the band wanted to hear if those voices had the flexibility to pull off the softer side of STP.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »
??? ??? ???

I cannot account for this but is it true that all the online submission finalists were given 2 songs to record on (apart from the 3 songs to choose from, i.e. ISL, Vasoline and TOAHIAPH) should the band find interest in them?

You know one guy, at best.

And you know, I don't think John Borja even got a rehearsal with them. I think you dragged him to LA, got a photo op at a Delta Deep concert, and that's the entire story. Everything else is fucking rubbish you made up because you are delusional nobody.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 11:53:25 PM »
??? ??? ???

And you know, I don't think John Borja even got a rehearsal with them. I think you dragged him to LA, got a photo op at a Delta Deep concert, and that's the entire story. Everything else is fucking rubbish you made up because you are delusional nobody.

I started to get really skeptical when he let slip that the photo of Borja and Robert together was because he flagged him down in a parking lot after the show.  Doesn't bother to mention that for months to make it look like he had a purposeful meeting with STP.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:29:12 AM »
??? ??? ???

I started to get really skeptical when he let slip that the photo of Borja and Robert together was because he flagged him down in a parking lot after the show.  Doesn't bother to mention that for months to make it look like he had a purposeful meeting with STP.

I'm gonna give John the benefit of the doubt and say I believe they did fly him out to audition. However, I 100% believe that Rob's comments of inappropriate self-promotion are a direct reference to Borja and his use of the opportunity to buy
 himself 15 minutes of fame.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:49:38 AM »
??? ??? ???

I'm gonna give John the benefit of the doubt and say I believe they did fly him out to audition. However, I 100% believe that Rob's comments of inappropriate self-promotion are a direct reference to Borja and his use of the opportunity to buy
 himself 15 minutes of fame

This is ridiculous.  John ALWAYS posts himself with different people.  It doesn't have to be someone who is famous or not.  Now let me get this straight.... JOHN IS NOT SELF-PROMOTING.  He wasn't doing before this whole fricking STP thing, and it won't happen after unless he knew it was leading to something. These things could have skyrocketed his career for Christ's sake.

For someone as humble as he is, the last thing he will do is use this opportunity to promote himself or his career.

We turned down interviews from a correspondent from Billboard, two major TV networks in the country, Inquirer (a local newspaper) and other great press because we knew it was inappropriate to do that given the situation. He also turned down a job offer to sing for a rather famous super band in the making in the Philippines to avoid any conflicts.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:52:59 AM by skunkyfunk »

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:56:01 AM »
??? ??? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Come here to Manila and I will show you proof.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:32 AM »
Post it here. The internets are clever like that.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 08:52:13 AM »
You see how dumb that is? Why would someone fly 10000 miles just to snag a photo as proof? If you truly want proof you fly 10000 miles here and see for yourself.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
Who knows, maybe you just went on holiday, maybe he got an audition, but you don't even know John, god knows what your deal is. You've hardly proven to be a solid source of information, and the only way you'll prove it is if somebody flies 10,000 miles to physically inspect your evidence.

Seems legit.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:11:26 AM by Pingfah »

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »
Who knows, maybe you just went on holiday, maybe he got an audition, but you don't even know John, god knows what your deal is. You've hardly proven to be a solid source of information, and the only way you'll prove it is if somebody flies 10,000 miles to physically inspect your evidence.

Seems legit.

Oh please if you do not see the proof I will reimburse your travel expenses.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »

Seems legit.

But proof of what?  You haven't even made clear what you "know".  That John's the singer, that he had an audition, that they contacted him at all?  What would you be able to prove?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 11:22:06 AM »

Seems legit.

But proof of what?  You haven't even made clear what you "know".  That John's the singer, that he had an audition, that they contacted him at all?  What would you be able to prove?

I'll reserve that for those who rooted for him. :)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »

Seems legit.

Oh well, that settles it. If you're prepared to risk committing to reimbursing my travel expenses, should I decide I want to fly all the way to The Phillippines just to inspect the evidence of somebody who might not even be who he claims to be, which you won't even tell us what it is, you MUST be legit.

I mean, why else would you take such a huge risk?

I apologise for ever doubting you.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 01:20:16 PM »
 *Eats popcorn*