September 25, 2024, 03:34:51 AM

Author Topic: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"  (Read 23361 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
All of these past few comments starting from Slither's are right on the money.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
That man burned so many bridges with every person he has been with, going from his marriages, to STP, to VR, to Doug, fans, etc.  It makes you wonder if maybe there is a common thread here.  Look at all the tribute shows that never happened in honor of Scott Weiland, compared to Cornell or Chester with his fellow peers in the music world.

I think this really drives it home. Can you think of a single person, personally or professionally, Scott did not end on poor terms with? I'm not saying he's a bad person, just extremely complicated and ultimately responsible for a lot of the ill will that came his way. To blame Mary or anyone else for the bulk of his problems is completely unfair and delusional. He had a lot of shit thrown his way in life, but he didn't make it any easier on himself.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »
That man burned so many bridges with every person he has been with, going from his marriages, to STP, to VR, to Doug, fans, etc.  It makes you wonder if maybe there is a common thread here.  Look at all the tribute shows that never happened in honor of Scott Weiland, compared to Cornell or Chester with his fellow peers in the music world.

I think this really drives it home. Can you think of a single person, personally or professionally, Scott did not end on poor terms with? I'm not saying he's a bad person, just extremely complicated and ultimately responsible for a lot of the ill will that came his way. To blame Mary or anyone else for the bulk of his problems is completely unfair and delusional. He had a lot of shit thrown his way in life, but he didn't make it any easier on himself.

One single person: Tommy Black. He was more of a friemployee, though. I just made that word up, pretty proud of myself. On one hand he was a total enabler but on the other you're totally right - this is on Scott and no one else. Gotta want to fix yourself. So many in his life tried and tried to help him. It sadly just never took.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »

One single person: Tommy Black. He was more of a friemployee, though. I just made that word up, pretty proud of myself. On one hand he was a total enabler but on the other you're totally right - this is on Scott and no one else. Gotta want to fix yourself. So many in his life tried and tried to help him. It sadly just never took.

Exactly. In the end, all he had left were the people who were willing to overlook his very serious health issues for their own personal gain. Those aren't the kind of people you want in your life. The people who truly cared about him - Mary, Dean, Rob, Eric, Doug, the VR guys to an extent - all tried, but ended up being exhausted by him and pushed away. Terribly sad but true.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:04 AM »
Keep in mind, he was only around Tommy Black for a short period. In time, he would have burned that bridge as well.

pakurt

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »
Kim: There were tons of rumors about STP’s new lead singer, like some guy who was on American Idol or something, a Pilipino kid. Were you guys aware of all those rumors that were swirling?
Robert DeLeo: Rubbish, rubbish, all rubbish. All rubbish.
Dean DeLeo: There’s been a lot of, it’s been an opportunity for some people to really do some inappropriate self-promotion, is what I should say. And that’s really kind of out of line.
Kim: So you did know about the rumors?
Robert: Yes, yes.
Dean: I went to see Royal Blood, last month. And I ran into…
Kim: Amazing band!
Dean: Oh my goodness, incredible. They were extraordinary. I saw them over at the Wiltern with my wife and my son and I ran into John McEnroe
Kim: Oh really?
Dean: And McEnroe goes “You didn’t hire that Pilipino guy did you?”
Kim: Come on, John McEnroe and a Royal Blood show?
Dean: I go, “No, we did not John.” John is a huge fan.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stone-temple-pilots-bassist-on-new-singer-rumors-all-rubbish/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:29:40 PM by pakurt »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Here's the above interview, starting exactly at the question about the rumors:

https://youtu.be/kPoCMif1h1w?t=8m45s

So there you go, right from the horses mouth. Not only have they not hired John, they aren't happy with the self-promotion he (or rather Dojie on his behalf) and others have been doing with this whole situation.

(Note: Dean's the one who tells the story of seeing McEnroe at a Royal Blood concert, not Rob.)
Grab the hate and drown it out...

pakurt

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »
(Note: Dean's the one who tells the story of seeing McEnroe at a Royal Blood concert, not Rob.)

Fixed.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2017, 04:18:34 AM »

So there you go, right from the horses mouth. Not only have they not hired John, they aren't happy with the self-promotion he (or rather Dojie on his behalf) and others have been doing with this whole situation.

Truth shall prevail.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2017, 04:50:04 AM »

Truth shall prevail.

Honestly man.  At this point, just don't say anything unless you wanna she'd some light on what you supposedly know.  Otherwise the stp guys have clearly said their piece. 
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2017, 05:02:42 AM »

Truth shall prevail.

Honestly man.  At this point, just don't say anything unless you wanna she'd some light on what you supposedly know.  Otherwise the stp guys have clearly said their piece.

Truth comes out in due time.   

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2017, 05:04:31 AM »
 It already has... And not in print,where you can be misquoted. From their mouths.
What a relief.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2017, 05:35:24 AM »
"John is a huge fan." 

Who wasn't?  Everyone who took time to send a singer submission was a fan, I suppose. 

Trying to cough out money to stay in LA (like $6,000) in a span of 3 weeks notice prior to a specified date is a great way to show some fanboyism isn't it? Consider that a day's minimum salary here in Manila is an hour's minimum in LA. And this was all possible because of borrowed money.

Just FYI, John had literally no means to get to LA.  All he had was talent.  The visa application in itself was plagued with dilemmas.  The Visa interviews were interesting though.  The consuls would always suspect entertainers to overstay when applying for a Visa (and get denied), but in John's case, the consuls saw his audition submissions on Youtube, and the articles pertaining to STP hopeful John. Thank God the consul was an STP fan.  John and I almost missed the date because of limited lead time, but thanks to those 2 persons who cancelled their Visa interview slots 5 days before the required date.  We literally got our visas, tickets and passports 2 days before the flight.  It took tremendous preparation, not to mention financial scuffles - ALL AT OUR EXPENSE. 

Whatever John posts on his FB page is not under my control though.  But definitely, he wouldn't post something if there was not a splotch of truth to what he is saying.  And thanks to the "media" who deliberately misquote what he says. Like when he says things about California or stuff like that, or when he says he received good news.  OF COURSE! It was a dream vacation fulfilled that only few can achieve in their lifetime given his stature. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:47:37 AM by skunkyfunk »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2017, 08:42:29 AM »
"John is a huge fan." 

Who wasn't?  Everyone who took time to send a singer submission was a fan, I suppose. 

John McEnroe, not John Borja.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
Yup i kind of figured when I listened to the whole interview. But the reference to Borja was 100% unexpected. Yes 100%.