September 24, 2024, 11:24:00 PM

Author Topic: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"  (Read 23330 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
Huteye I hope they got the sarcasm. English is my second language. But I feel you.

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »
Wow dude! You really are the most "special kid" in the "special" class. So your reaction means that you really were out here talking shit and throwing falsities just to keep things stirred up and it's obvious you get off on it. Stupid. You are safe over there across an ocean hiding behind your computer. Where I come from you woulda got an attitude adjustment from very early on.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2017, 02:15:03 AM »
Falsities? Where? You came here suggesting there are many people better than Borja, even during your early days in the forum. You even mentioned Mick who happens to be such a hardworking artist who went as far as doing his STP tribute shows with much attention to detail trying to gain the band's attention.

I admit that Mick was more entitled to a live audition than anyone else and to my surprise he did not get the call, save for that "blessing" he got from Dean to continue what he was doing.

Being John's friend whom I have worked for almost 10 years, I had the right to clarify a few conjectures in this forum. I even mentioned there are select people whom i relayed specified knowledge (both confirmed and unconfirmed) and only time will tell if those things were true from the onset. I have no control whatsoever with the band's decisions, nor what the media perceives of what I say. I'm sorry if you had to blurt out your off night but if there is someone to blame here is no one but yourself for saying that. The media is looking for anything they find news worthy or click baut worthy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:52:45 AM by skunkyfunk »

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
A "poseur" (or "poser") is someone who "poses for effect, or behaves affectedly", who "affects a particular attitude, character or manner to impress others",or who pretends to belong to a particular group. A poseur may be a "person who pretends to be what he or she is not" or an "insincere person". A "poseur" may have a flair for drama or behave as if they are onstage in daily life. Sometimes "poseuse", a feminine version of the word, is used.
"Poseur" or "poseuse" is also used to mean a person who poses for an artist – a painter's model. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseur
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2017, 08:16:19 AM »
Damn....so Borja is out?....well the only candidate left is Gutt. Those were the only two guys thst got me excited about a new singer. All the other singers sound like dudes that wear skinny jeans like caprees.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
Damn....so Borja is out?....well the only candidate left is Gutt. Those were the only two guys thst got me excited about a new singer. All the other singers sound like dudes that wear skinny jeans like caprees.

The sole basis for some people here for saying Borja is out is some interpreted Dean's statement that the person they chose was not from the submissions. 

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »
A "poseur" (or "poser") is someone who "poses for effect, or behaves affectedly", who "affects a particular attitude, character or manner to impress others",or who pretends to belong to a particular group. A poseur may be a "person who pretends to be what he or she is not" or an "insincere person". A "poseur" may have a flair for drama or behave as if they are onstage in daily life. Sometimes "poseuse", a feminine version of the word, is used.
"Poseur" or "poseuse" is also used to mean a person who poses for an artist – a painter's model. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseur

What do you mean?

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »

The sole basis for some people here for saying Borja is out is some interpreted Dean's statement that the person they chose was not from the submissions. 
Good. There is still hope if STP is going to continue as STP. Borja sounds like a cross between Core Weiland/Vedder. I never been interested in STP sounding like the Beatles. I want early 90s STP sound and Borja's deep growling voice will allow STP to make Core 2.0. Just a matter of opinion. Been a fan since inception along with a member of the forum.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:52:55 PM by Son Of Sam »

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »
Borja is not STP's singer. Nor will he be. No disrespect to him, he's just not the guy they picked. I hope that resolves any debate on this, but I realize it probably doesn't. At all. Oh well.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2017, 02:03:47 AM »

Not interpreted. Dean literally said that they didn't find a singer through the submissions. There is no other way to interpret what he said, beyond being in an extraordinary amount of denial.

Beyond which, Dean's statement is far from the sole basis. How did Borja rehearse with the band back in February? How has he been recording with the band? Robert literally just said in an interview that he never wants to record and album where the vocals are e-mailed in from another studio again.

So what? Does John have a teleporter? Has he been smuggling himself into the country secretly every month for brief periods?

Look, John's a talented guy and seems pretty damn nice to boot, and I hope he does well, but there has to be a time when you get out of denial and accept that he didn't get the job.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:07:53 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2017, 04:36:58 AM »
I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja.

Skunky - let it go man.
Take it.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »
I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja.

Skunky - let it go man.

Can you confirm it is not Pete Murray?
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

spankme

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2017, 12:22:57 PM »
https://youtu.be/36_tEpjaBdI - I heard it's this guy.  ;)

Since you created an account to post this, I assume this is you or a buddy of yours?

Good voice.

Cheers man. Yeah that's me and four other musos from WA. :) I put another video (Sex Type Thing) in another section of the forum if anyone is interested.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2017, 04:29:46 PM »

Not interpreted. Dean literally said that they didn't find a singer through the submissions. There is no other way to interpret what he said, beyond being in an extraordinary amount of denial.

Beyond which, Dean's statement is far from the sole basis. How did Borja rehearse with the band back in February? How has he been recording with the band? Robert literally just said in an interview that he never wants to record and album where the vocals are e-mailed in from another studio again.

So what? Does John have a teleporter? Has he been smuggling himself into the country secretly every month for brief periods?

Look, John's a talented guy and seems pretty damn nice to boot, and I hope he does well, but there has to be a time when you get out of denial and accept that he didn't get the job.

Do you even know how long it takes to apply for a work permit in the US?

Do you even know how inefficient it would be if the band would hire Borja and immediately bring him to the US without any job security for the time being, other than laying tracks over songs that they need to record from scratch?  If it will take them a year to record, that would mean he should be jobless for one year. :D

I understand your logic.  If STP chose Borja, they would work on his papers immediately and then bring him to the US.  But that is not a very feasible and economical way to do it. Logically, they should do the music first with probably a vocal guide done by the band themselves, or even do collaborations until they come up with some formidable backing tracks.  Then <insert vocals here>. In this case, it does not mean that if you are collaborating with the band, that means you have been chosen.  I assume many have already done this with the band for the past year. 

Put it this way, if you knew Borja was in LA, what would you think? 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:45:35 PM by skunkyfunk »

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
Borja is not STP's singer. Nor will he be. No disrespect to him, he's just not the guy they picked. I hope that resolves any debate on this, but I realize it probably doesn't. At all. Oh well.

Can you quote your source?  Maybe we are just halfway through the process of waiting.