September 24, 2024, 11:31:05 PM

Author Topic: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"  (Read 23334 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2017, 01:32:51 AM »
This is all about honor, not just to front one of the biggest rock and roll bands in the 90s, but also honor to word.

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2017, 02:00:16 AM »
Dean already said they didn't pick their singer from the submissions, that rules out Borja. On the other hand neither Pete Murray nor Jeff Gutt appear to have been part of submissions, so it's either one of them or someone we haven't hear about.
He did say that Blue. But, they did consider some. I have spoken to some industry insiders that told me"This was all a P.R. stunt." I had to disagree with them after seeing the DeLeos at one of my band's (3 DOLLAR MOLLY) shows at THE BEER COOLER, in Hillsdale, Indiana, on April 16th 2016. Too bad we had a bad night and murdered "Interstate Love Song" along with many other songs,  in front of them. Didn't realize they were in the room until the end of the show and I was far too blown away, embarrassed and disappointed to speak to Robert. Dean hid in the corner. We sucked left hind tit, ass and balls that night. Terrible! Actually the worst show we have ever played in our 3 year history. I've never mentioned this because I was told by another candidate, that released a story, I would hurt my chances. That was a long time ago. Or seems like it. I know the person who owns and runs the bar and asked for a copy of the surveillance footage of the DeLeo boys and if it had dawned on me 2 weeks sooner, I would have it. The bar only pays the security company to keep a backlog of less than a year.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

WhereTheRiverGoes

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 04:33:57 AM »
I just wish when we saw that Delta Deep Show last year at the Coach House, John showed himself sitting in the audience.  We were at the farthest part from the stage. When we had the chance to meet Rob at the parking lot after the show (hence the photos) Rob said if he only knew John was in the audience, he would ask him to join up on stage and do a jam.

Not like they were trying to keep the whole audition process a super secret or anything...

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:45 AM »
I just wish when we saw that Delta Deep Show last year at the Coach House, John showed himself sitting in the audience.  We were at the farthest part from the stage. When we had the chance to meet Rob at the parking lot after the show (hence the photos) Rob said if he only knew John was in the audience, he would ask him to join up on stage and do a jam.

Not like they were trying to keep the whole audition process a super secret or anything...

It was.

spankme

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »
https://youtu.be/36_tEpjaBdI - I heard it's this guy.  ;)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
This is all about honor, not just to front one of the biggest rock and roll bands in the 90s, but also honor to word.

Yes, we get it, you're super burned they didn't pick your boy. Nobody cares. Shut the fuck up about it.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 02:21:38 PM »
Dean already said they didn't pick their singer from the submissions, that rules out Borja. On the other hand neither Pete Murray nor Jeff Gutt appear to have been part of submissions, so it's either one of them or someone we haven't hear about.
He did say that Blue. But, they did consider some. I have spoken to some industry insiders that told me"This was all a P.R. stunt." I had to disagree with them after seeing the DeLeos at one of my band's (3 DOLLAR MOLLY) shows at THE BEER COOLER, in Hillsdale, Indiana, on April 16th 2016. Too bad we had a bad night and murdered "Interstate Love Song" along with many other songs,  in front of them. Didn't realize they were in the room until the end of the show and I was far too blown away, embarrassed and disappointed to speak to Robert. Dean hid in the corner. We sucked left hind tit, ass and balls that night. Terrible! Actually the worst show we have ever played in our 3 year history. I've never mentioned this because I was told by another candidate, that released a story, I would hurt my chances. That was a long time ago. Or seems like it. I know the person who owns and runs the bar and asked for a copy of the surveillance footage of the DeLeo boys and if it had dawned on me 2 weeks sooner, I would have it. The bar only pays the security company to keep a backlog of less than a year.

Definitely not saying they were doing it as a PR stunt, as that would have been an incredibly stupid waste of time and money. Just saying that in the end they didn't find what they were looking for through the submissions.

Shame about that experience, man. Sorry to hear about if.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »

Since you created an account to post this, I assume this is you or a buddy of yours?

Good voice.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »

That was a pretty solid cover.  The drummer is solid and followed that beat to a T it sounds like.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »

Yes, we get it, you're super burned they didn't pick your boy. Nobody cares. Shut the fuck up about it.

Seriously, dude.  Take your shit somewhere else.

Also, I know word for word why they didn't take your guy.  PM me/stay tuned/that's all I can say
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
Also, I know word for word why they didn't take your guy.  PM me/stay tuned/that's all I can say

oh! SNAP!!!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
No biggie Blue. Everything happens for a reason. Our drummer is a farmer and it was right at planting season and he works from dawn until after dusk and has no extra time so we had no rehearsal for a month and had a bunch of new stuff in our set that we had only tried once or twice and some new wireless equipment. It's a really small bar in the middle of nowhere and that's where we usually try out new things. It's also the only place we play on the BMI registry. Shame we picked that night to suck.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:48:49 PM by HUTEYE »
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2017, 05:09:03 PM »

I don't know why you sound like you are speaking for the whole population.
I have been out of the loop for quite a while regarding this (prolly since November til middle of this year) and I just knew a few things since then.  For those who are interested, you can PM me.  But like what you said, no one cares. :)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Achievement unlocked: I've been quoted on Alt Nation. So was huteye.

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:07 AM »
Not anything to be proud of dude! You got quoted for getting bent out of shape about something you have no control of and I got quoted for divulging the details of my last huge embarrassing failure. Not cool.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson