September 24, 2024, 11:20:28 PM

Author Topic: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"  (Read 23326 times)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »
I think it's a bit unfair to compare Daughtry to him considering Pete has been around much longer.

Sure, I realize Daughtry has the commercial success but to compare the two is wrong.

I don't hear a similar voice at all. I just don't get the comparison at all.

I hear more Chino Moreno in Pete's voice both in the growl and melody departments.  I seem to admire Pete's control though. 

I am just curious how this would go in an STP context as the band made it imperative that the new singer must honor the catalog.  He has a great voice, and he is conveniently situated near the other members' neighborhoods.   

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2017, 02:38:44 AM »
Personally, I'd like to know how much truth there was to Mary's Rolling Stone message after he died.  Was he really that far gone?
This Right here

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2017, 02:43:07 AM »
Ill be honest I like this guy Pete Murrays voice I think he could work really well

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2017, 03:23:51 AM »
Boys were supposed to be on a radio show called LoudWire.  Anyone privy if they might have leaked new singer?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2017, 04:55:28 AM »
Boys were supposed to be on a radio show called LoudWire.  Anyone privy if they might have leaked new singer?

I imagine we would have heard something by now if they said who they're working with.

http://loudwire.com/category/loudwire-nights/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:01:56 AM by foou33 »

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2017, 05:45:01 AM »
Personally, I'd like to know how much truth there was to Mary's Rolling Stone message after he died.  Was he really that far gone?
This Right here

While it was poorly timed and in bad taste to speak like that of the dead, from someone who knows someone that was close to him, he was too far gone. I know people were upset that she said all those things when he wasn't around to defend himself but it was too late by then. I'm not sure how he would have even been able to defend it.

She obviously knew him far better than the person I know being his ex-wife and with her knowing him for so long.The whole thing was excruciatingly sad.

Anyway, this is a music forum and this is about STP and their future - whatever that's going to be.
Take it.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2017, 01:27:03 PM »
This Right here

While it was poorly timed and in bad taste to speak like that of the dead, from someone who knows someone that was close to him, he was too far gone. I know people were upset that she said all those things when he wasn't around to defend himself but it was too late by then. I'm not sure how he would have even been able to defend it.

She obviously knew him far better than the person I know being his ex-wife and with her knowing him for so long.The whole thing was excruciatingly sad.

Anyway, this is a music forum and this is about STP and their future - whatever that's going to be.

Just one honest question, what gave that whore the right to keep his children from him? I do not believe there was a court order for that.

Well I guess leave it to Scott to pick up a piece of trash like that and fall in love with her. I 100% believe Mary is what ultimately killed Scott . I've fallin in love with a few whores myself, it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Love in this society is a fucking joke, these women have no fucking backbone, no soul, no heart, no respect, they are the trash of the world.

If I was Scott, after realizing the mother of my children was a completely fucked piece of shit, I would of gone crazy too. Real men never fall out of love, we just keep falling.........further and further into the abyss....... Love was not intended to be fleeting, that is a construct of a bullshit society whose foundation is built upon lies. Any real true man knows this. After love, there is nothing but broken.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
Well, you don't sound bitter at ALL.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
This Right here

Just one honest question, what gave that whore the right to keep his children from him? I do not believe there was a court order for that.

Well I guess leave it to Scott to pick up a piece of trash like that and fall in love with her. I 100% believe Mary is what ultimately killed Scott . I've fallin in love with a few whores myself, it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Love in this society is a fucking joke, these women have no fucking backbone, no soul, no heart, no respect, they are the trash of the world.

If I was Scott, after realizing the mother of my children was a completely fucked piece of shit, I would of gone crazy too. Real men never fall out of love, we just keep falling.........further and further into the abyss....... Love was not intended to be fleeting, that is a construct of a bullshit society whose foundation is built upon lies. Any real true man knows this. After love, there is nothing but broken.

Because there weren't two sides to this story.  There was only "Scott married a whore".  The perfect gentleman married a whore.  Sad, sad story.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2017, 04:25:49 PM »
This Right here

Because there weren't two sides to this story.  There was only "Scott married a whore".  The perfect gentleman married a whore.  Sad, sad story.

This whole thread is completely fucking delusional.

Look at this man -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be3Tw0f5VxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5d_QHOGcW8

This is who he was at the end. Regardless of how great and talented he was before, this is what was left of Scott Weiland the rockstar, the husband, the father. You're gonna tell me he wasn't far gone? Or it would have been fine for his kids to be around him? The level of denial on this board sometimes is unbelievable. Mary is not a "whore" for keeping her children away from someone in this state. It's clear to me she loved him till the end, as we all did, but also knew what was best for her kids.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2017, 06:10:54 PM »
This Right here

This whole thread is completely fucking delusional.

Look at this man -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be3Tw0f5VxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5d_QHOGcW8

This is who he was at the end. Regardless of how great and talented he was before, this is what was left of Scott Weiland the rockstar, the husband, the father. You're gonna tell me he wasn't far gone? Or it would have been fine for his kids to be around him? The level of denial on this board sometimes is unbelievable. Mary is not a "whore" for keeping her children away from someone in this state. It's clear to me she loved him till the end, as we all did, but also knew what was best for her kids.

YES! Absolutely correct. As I have said multiple times, around this time, it almost looked like Scott had suffered some sort of serious health decline, and he was beyond gone in interviews and live performances. They would have been better having almost anyone else do his work since he basically was not even present.

Those last few years of his life are beyond sad, but Scott was a completely different person during interviews and during performances. It was not the same guy I feel like. How he can show up to those interviews completely drugged out of his mind and people defend it by saying, "He's drunk" is insane! Scott might have had moments here or there where he was sober like the Rolling Rock days, Storytellers, or the Vegas gig. But, those last few years make me think he was out of it 24/7. I can't find a single performance from the "Blaster" or "Happy" days that are worth watching.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »

There is an old saying: "If you meet one asshole today, that person was an asshole.  If you meet assholes all day long, then you are the asshole".   

I think this applies to Scott pretty well.  The man has a flawed social relationship track record spanning a quarter of a century that we fans can historically look at.  That man burned so many bridges with every person he has been with, going from his marriages, to STP, to VR, to Doug, fans, etc.  It makes you wonder if maybe there is a common thread here.  Look at all the tribute shows that never happened in honor of Scott Weiland, compared to Cornell or Chester with his fellow peers in the music world. The most I saw that Scott got was a passing mention by Cornell with 'Say Hello to Heaven' and shows by B and C list rock bands and local STP tribute bands and a couple Tweets from folks.  The next week, Scott was forgotten from the media. 

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2017, 01:29:04 AM »
I think most reasonable people have known that Scott was the problem all along. It's disappointing of course, given what a great talent he was. There's no telling how great/successful STP could have been had Scott not sabotaged the band along the way. Their inability to tour after releasing albums due to Scott's drug and or legal problems really set them back

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »
The man has a flawed social relationship track record spanning a quarter of a century that we fans can historically look at.  That man burned so many bridges with every person he has been with, going from his marriages, to STP, to VR, to Doug, fans, etc.  It makes you wonder if maybe there is a common thread here. 

Sad, but true. 100%
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »

There is an old saying: "If you meet one asshole today, that person was an asshole.  If you meet assholes all day long, then you are the asshole".   

I think this applies to Scott pretty well.  The man has a flawed social relationship track record spanning a quarter of a century that we fans can historically look at.  That man burned so many bridges with every person he has been with, going from his marriages, to STP, to VR, to Doug, fans, etc.  It makes you wonder if maybe there is a common thread here.  Look at all the tribute shows that never happened in honor of Scott Weiland, compared to Cornell or Chester with his fellow peers in the music world. The most I saw that Scott got was a passing mention by Cornell with 'Say Hello to Heaven' and shows by B and C list rock bands and local STP tribute bands and a couple Tweets from folks.  The next week, Scott was forgotten from the media. 

This is 100% spot on. Could not have said it better myself. We all loved Scott for his genius and talents. But we didn't know the man. Anyone in his life that has counted on him has been disappointed. We all have our flaws, but tragically Scott's were too significant to maintain lasting relationships.