September 24, 2024, 11:17:42 PM

Author Topic: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"  (Read 23322 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP has found new singer that "fits the bill"
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
let it go man.

Says the guy who has pretended for years that he has inside information but has only ever given vague hints late enough in the game that we all already know to be extremely probable.

You have never proven you have any inside information. I don't understand why you keep coming here claiming that you do. You're not fooling anyone.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2017, 05:15:25 PM »
Vaporized told me stuff in September 2012 about STP's status that ended up basically coming true a few months later. He told me stuff about Scott in 2014 that also came true. Not saying he's always right but he does seem to have some sort of source who has some good intel.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »
Vaporized told me stuff in September 2012 about STP's status that ended up basically coming true a few months later. He told me stuff about Scott in 2014 that also came true. Not saying he's always right but he does seem to have some sort of source who has some good intel.

I would take the horse's mouth over intel any day.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
I know, but you're being very vague about everything skunky, so we don't even know what you're actually saying.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
Once Pete Murray became involved, everything went quiet. I was then told that Borja and Gutt weren't ever seriously considered and when I kept prying, all I was told is that Murray had stepped in and things were going well. But then things went silent again.

Positives-

Great voice that can do many things. He has more range than what you've heard. He can craft his own songs. (lyrics and melodies.) He's willing to tour and he has a great stage presence. He's in LA and close to everyone. He also has a ton of connections in the business and has worked with bands that the guys in STP are friends with and everyone vouched for Pete. He's also a really solid human being - which is also something STP has on their shopping list. No drama.

I'm not saying Pete's the man but everyone spoke highly of what he was bringing to the table and then things went silent. Both with STP and White Noise Owl. (Pete's new band.) Then STP started quoted things that seemed to hint the guy they found could be a guy like Pete.

I'd guess you'll hear something in December and January. I heard a number of months ago that they were plotting a tour in Spring 2018 and that it would be behind a new record.
Take it.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »

Sorry Brett, I don't buy it. Everything he has claimed to know publicly is vague enough that anyone could have put it together for ourselves from public information at that point in time. This board has already been talking about Pete Murray and White Noise Owl. This is not new information. It seems Vaporized is simply repackaging it to make it look like he knew all along, which he has a history of doing here.

Edit: By the way, I'm not saying he's not right about Murray. I think Murray probably is the guy. I'm just saying I don't believe Vaporized has any inside information. He has never given us anything that proved he knew something the rest of us didn't ahead of time. Like when he claimed to have heard High Rise before it came out -- his proof was that every song had a Dean solo. Give me a break.

Meanwhile, we know for a fact that skunkyfunk has at least a little bit of inside information, because we know John Borja auditioned, and skunkyfunk is his producer and friend. We know skunkyfunk was in LA with John, probably around the time he auditioned. Whatever skunkyfunk is alluding to may be subject to his own interpretation, but at least we know he knows something simply by virtue of who he is. That's more than I can say about Vaporized.

Edit 2: Not calling you a liar, Brett. Just saying that, without having been told things like you've described, there's nothing to convince me that Vaporized has a legitimate source and isn't making it all up.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:50:38 PM by EyesOfDisarray »

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »
Blah... brock osweiler has a better chance of leading a football team to the superbowl than this Murray character leading STP to the promise land. I guess i hear a bunch of cover bands that have his same voice. Was wanting someone that sounds unique. Ill keep my fingers crossed & see if im suprised when we get new music next spring/summer

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:59 AM »
Once Pete Murray became involved, everything went quiet. I was then told that Borja and Gutt weren't ever seriously considered and when I kept prying, all I was told is that Murray had stepped in and things were going well. But then things went silent again.

Positives-

Great voice that can do many things. He has more range than what you've heard. He can craft his own songs. (lyrics and melodies.) He's willing to tour and he has a great stage presence. He's in LA and close to everyone. He also has a ton of connections in the business and has worked with bands that the guys in STP are friends with and everyone vouched for Pete. He's also a really solid human being - which is also something STP has on their shopping list. No drama.

I'm not saying Pete's the man but everyone spoke highly of what he was bringing to the table and then things went silent. Both with STP and White Noise Owl. (Pete's new band.) Then STP started quoted things that seemed to hint the guy they found could be a guy like Pete.

I'd guess you'll hear something in December and January. I heard a number of months ago that they were plotting a tour in Spring 2018 and that it would be behind a new record.

I know Borja and Gutt were at least somewhat seriously considered.  Dean really liked Borja's audition video of the medley and they brought him in, met, etc.  I also know they did at least a test run show with Gutt in LA for concert promoters, but that was back in the spring when this place was abuzz with his name.  Then... Silence, just as Vaporized said.  haven't heard anything since.

Source:  More or less the horse's mouth
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »
Nobody seemed to know who Pete Murray was until I told Brett and he went public.

I kept telling everyone Scott was full of shit and loaded on drugs when everyone on this board was telling me I was the one that was crazy. Because Scott was telling the press he was clean and sober, and because of that, everyone here 'knew it had to be true' or assumed it to be true.

I became VERY critical of our Scott when I heard him point blank say he didn't give two fucks about his fans and the only reason he did any of this shit was for any amount of money he could scrape up because he had to because of the amount of child support he needed to pay. Life on the road was the worst thing for him but he needed to make money and it was a party. He got with guys that would help feed a habit in exchange for a chance for them to play with Scott Weiland. They weren't doing shit before Weiland and they aren't doing shit now. Fuck, if Joey Castillo could get clean, he'd still be in QOTSA. He was good enough for Scott's band though. Ultimately, more of the live club show money went to drugs and booze and then later, often times not paying his 'Scott Weiland Band.' That led to internal issues. At one point, it may have been one of the reasons for the fallout with Doug Grean. That and the drug use. I know Doug wasn;'t a supporter of that. Prior to all that, I was one of Scott's biggest fans and supporters.

I'm not bragging about knowing shit. I don't rub it in anyone's face. Usually when I mention something it's in passing when I can and when I know the news can't be linked back to me. There have been things I've been told that I haven't said shit about that never came to be but most of what I've been told for the most part has been dead fucking on.

Oh, I also was the one that was posting well in advance that there would ultimately be a two disc release of  Happy in Galoshes. (For the record, there are two other non-album tracks that never made the double album version and there are three other songs from Blaster - not including Back To the City. I may have also mentioned the covers album. What I didn't know was how schlocky it would end up being released. I was told it would be an official release and that it was to consist of 14-16 songs. I have a version with 15 on it. Most sound identical to the 12 track release but there are some that weren't as cleaned up and those never made it to the final version. There is a rough version of the Massive Attack song Teardrop that he did that would have been great had he finished it and did more of the song. The two and a half minutes isn't long enough.
Take it.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:08 AM »
Vaporized has been pretty spot on about things over the years. 

Personally, I'd like to know how much truth there was to Mary's Rolling Stone message after he died.  Was he really that far gone?

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »

I kept telling everyone Scott was full of shit and loaded on drugs when everyone on this board was telling me I was the one that was crazy. Because Scott was telling the press he was clean and sober, and because of that, everyone here 'knew it had to be true' or assumed it to be true.

To be fair you wern't the only one and it was pretty damn obvious Scott was full of shit and needed help ASAP.  The main issue is that a bunch of the folks on here were in full denial mode of their lord and savior Scott falling off the wagon again.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »

Positives-

We'll, guess we can just wait and see. This may sound bad but, what I hear in Pete Murray is just Daughtry 2.0. I don't think it fits STP. Also, I'm aware that they are looking to start fresh and move forward, so I don't know.  They might put out a killer new record and surprise everyone.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
We'll, guess we can just wait and see. This may sound bad but, what I hear in Pete Murray is just Daughtry 2.0. I don't think it fits STP. Also, I'm aware that they are looking to start fresh and move forward, so I don't know.  They might put out a killer new record and surprise everyone.

It's all perspective, I suppose.

He has a lot of work from various projects over the years, so I'm curious what songs you listened to that gave you that vibe?

STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
I think it's a bit unfair to compare Daughtry to him considering Pete has been around much longer.

Sure, I realize Daughtry has the commercial success but to compare the two is wrong.

I don't hear a similar voice at all. I just don't get the comparison at all.
Take it.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2017, 05:06:07 PM »
They might put out a killer new record and surprise everyone.

This is what matters most. If they can pull this off, more people will be willing to accept this new incarnation. Again, no one's ever going to replace Scott. But if they release some really good new music, while properly honoring Scott, then this band could still have some life in them for years to come.