October 01, 2024, 05:46:11 AM

Author Topic: Hello, I used to be on the REALLY old message board. Reconnecting maybe?  (Read 4737 times)

SaintArnold

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Hello,

I used to go by something along the lines of HouCrackerman01 (I think), which stood for Houston Crackerman. I remember I used to get the AIM with Ivy. Does she still come around these parts?

Also, who was the guy with the penguin, who was a mod on the official board, and was also kind of a dick but was funny?

Does Matt the old webmaster still get on here?

And how about HecshTP?

That's all the old timers I can remember at the moment. I used to spend WAY too much time on the official board, and the Below Empty Board. But I got disconnected after the band broke up after SLDD.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is still around in some capacity and doing well.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Your name doesn't look familiar to me - been hanging around these parts since 1996. Not sure if I should be proud of that or ashamed. Haha. Regardless, let me try to answer some of your questions.

Ivy is "still around"ish. She doesn't come on here anymore, but she is alive and well. :)

Matt was never the webmaster of this site. He used to run The Resurrection and, eventually, the official site. He doesn't come here, and if any if the other old school members here talk to him, I am unaware. Rik is the webmaster around these parts - he occasionally comes out of hiding to post, but without much to discuss his appearances are few and far between.

"The guy with the penguin" - suicide rob? The penguin doesn't ring a bell, but Rob used to help Matt out over at .com. Haven't heard anything about or from him in well over a decade.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
I'm an "old timer" too, but my posts over the last 15 years have been few and far between.  But yeah, that means I've been on these fan message boards for over 15 years... as STPGurl said, I'm not sure if that's cool or lame (probably lame).

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
Hahaha! I still lurk in the background.  Been around since around 1999 or 2000.  Excited about some of the activity going on.  Hoping it means more is to come. 
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Hahaha! I still lurk in the background.  Been around since around 1999 or 2000.  Excited about some of the activity going on.  Hoping it means more is to come. 

Hey stranger! Good to "see" you (although the mere mention of the Cubs gets my blood boiling after game seven...)

Co

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Hahahaha! I forgot, you were from the Cleveland area, right?  I'm sorry/not sorry.  :D

Been a long time.  Hope you and the family are well Jessie!  I'm actually watching the Cubs play the Brewers as we "speak."
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Hell yes I'm from Cleveland - and I was at that final game, live and in the flesh. My heart still hurts, and the Cubs still suck. Sooo bad. Boo! I'm watching that other Chicago game right now - but only because my boys are playing them. :)

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Hahahaha!  I wish I could've been there.  I've been a Cubs fan since I was 6 years old (1987) and the years of heartbreak are finally paying off. 
I swear I thought Chapman was going to blow it though.  I held my breath every time he took the ball.  You never know what you're going to get, a 103 mph fastball that blows away the batter, or a slider for a wild pitch.  It was magic though! 

Anyways, we are getting off topic from this post- no dude.  Don't remember you either...Lol.  But I'm sure a lot of people don't remember me either.  So we can still be friends.  Lol

SaintArnold

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
STPGurl,  you nailed it! Those were all the folks I remember. Rob was the guy with the penguin. I remember Rik and Matt, and Ivy as well. Glad everyone is still alive and well.

I've been lurking/lightly posting since 1998 or 1999 -- several months before No.4 came out.

I guess I'll go back to lurking :)

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Been lurking around here since the beginning and even on the old .org site before that and that Australian guys site a short time before .org. Post maybe 1-2 a year now, but still come back a little more than weekly to read. I vaguely remember getting in an argument with Cuatro01 one time about something random, but that is when I went by "Nomemory". Changed to this handle in 2002 when I lived in Cleveland for a short time.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Hello, I used to be on the REALLY old message board. Reconnecting maybe?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »
Been lurking around here since the beginning and even on the old .org site before that and that Australian guys site a short time before .org. Post maybe 1-2 a year now, but still come back a little more than weekly to read. I vaguely remember getting in an argument with Cuatro01 one time about something random, but that is when I went by "Nomemory". Changed to this handle in 2002 when I lived in Cleveland for a short time.

Silvergun Superman -- and Mills!

Haha <3

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »
Anybody know if Sean still lurks?
Take it.

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »
I was around in those days, never posted too often tho. Didn't Rob have the username Bird33? He was a pretty funny asshole if I remember right. Matt was always a good dude with inside baseball info on the band. I really miss the days when SLDD was coming out right before my senior year of high school. Good times.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 01:22:08 AM »

I do not, and I know (because I asked) that Rik is also not in touch with him. I always loved Sean and think of him on occasion - if anyone DOES keep in touch, please tell him to contact me, as I would love to play catchup. The last we spoke, he had a beautiful wife and was living in Vegas (I believe).

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »

I do not, and I know (because I asked) that Rik is also not in touch with him. I always loved Sean and think of him on occasion - if anyone DOES keep in touch, please tell him to contact me, as I would love to play catchup. The last we spoke, he had a beautiful wife and was living in Vegas (I believe).
I'm friends with him on facebook.  I'm going to respect his privacy, but I'll tell you all that it seems like life is treating him well and he has a beautiful family.