September 29, 2024, 04:30:31 AM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20801 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »
Is that the other show that is out there in good quality audio? Has a woman introducing, and she says something like "I know you're gonna have a GREAT FUCKING SHOW TONIGHT, so please welcome STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!!!!" at the beginning.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
Thanks!  It worked :)

My refund came through. Ironically, because the exchange rate took another hit due to our fluctuating political situation, they actually refunded me more than I paid them in the first place!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
If the Shangri-la Dee Da documentary was recorded on film, then I know of at least one show that was filmed: Nov. 20, 2001 at the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.

I was there, and there were professional cameras there filming. This is why I was bewildered that "home" footage from the band was used for the Thank You DVD.

And not only do I remember this, I wrote it in the review I did for this site. " . . . Scott mentioned that tonight was the the last thing to be filmed in their documentary. I have no idea if they filmed Monday also, but even if they did, I will probably end up on the DVD if it is released because the camera man got tons of shots of our side of the stage. . . "

http://belowempty.com/concerts.php?s=date&id=669

IF you remember, this was the second of two nights, and in between, Scott was arrested for spousal abuse, which we now know was about prescription meds for his knee.

Setlist:

Loungefly
Crackerman
Vasoline
Hollywood Bitch
Meatplow
Big Empty
Dead and Bloated

--acoustic--
Pretty Penny
Wonderful
Black Again
Sour Girl
Creep

Sin
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Revolution
Too Cool Queenie
Interstate Love Song
Plush

--encore--
Zeppelin jam, which included Nobody's Fault But Mine and Moby Dick
Sex Type Thing

I read the reviews and saw mentions of concert being projected on screens on either side of the stage. Do you remember if the the screens were projecting the view from the camera-man in the pit, or from elsewhere? If it's was the view from the pit, then it was on video-tape... If not, then they might have recorded it on film.

Either way, it's exciting to think a setlist like that was pro-shot regardless of the format. Boggles to mind none of it made it onto Thank You.

EDIT: After re-watching the videos of Hello It's Late, Too Cool Queenie, and Wichita Lineman I can tell you with 100% certainty the SLDD doc was recorded on film.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:40:16 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2017, 11:38:08 PM »
If the Shangri-la Dee Da documentary was recorded on film, then I know of at least one show that was filmed: Nov. 20, 2001 at the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.

I was there, and there were professional cameras there filming. This is why I was bewildered that "home" footage from the band was used for the Thank You DVD.

And not only do I remember this, I wrote it in the review I did for this site. " . . . Scott mentioned that tonight was the the last thing to be filmed in their documentary. I have no idea if they filmed Monday also, but even if they did, I will probably end up on the DVD if it is released because the camera man got tons of shots of our side of the stage. . . "

IF you remember, this was the second of two nights, and in between, Scott was arrested for spousal abuse, which we now know was about prescription meds for his knee.

Setlist:

Loungefly
Crackerman
Vasoline
Hollywood Bitch
Meatplow
Big Empty
Dead and Bloated

--acoustic--
Pretty Penny
Wonderful
Black Again
Sour Girl
Creep

Sin
Revolution
Too Cool Queenie
Interstate Love Song
Plush

--encore--
Sex Type Thing

I read the reviews and saw mentions of concert being projected on screens on either side of the stage. Do you remember if the the screens were projecting the view from the camera-man in the pit, or from elsewhere? If it's was the view from the pit, then it was on video-tape... If not, then they might have recorded it on film.

Either way, it's exciting to think a setlist like that was pro-shot regardless of the format. Boggles to mind none of it made it onto Thank You.

EDIT: After re-watching the videos of Hello It's Late, Too Cool Queenie, and Wichita Lineman I can tell you with 100% certainty the SLDD doc was recorded on film.

Yeah, my memory, and this is nearly 16 years ago, now, was cameras on cranes but I just rewatched Creep from Thank You and I don't see any. I can't remember what was on the screens. I didn't see them; I was on the barricade.

I circled myself in this screen grab
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:43:31 PM by lovemachine97 »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2017, 03:22:06 AM »

Setlist:

Loungefly
Crackerman
Vasoline
Hollywood Bitch
Meatplow
Big Empty
Dead and Bloated

--acoustic--
Pretty Penny
Wonderful
Black Again
Sour Girl
Creep

Sin
Revolution
Too Cool Queenie
Interstate Love Song
Plush

--encore--
Sex Type Thing

Yeah, my memory, and this is nearly 16 years ago, now, was cameras on cranes but I just rewatched Creep from Thank You and I don't see any. I can't remember what was on the screens. I didn't see them; I was on the barricade.

Holy crap, that setlist is amazing.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2017, 03:57:52 AM »

What it could be is that the cameras you saw on the crane were video cameras for the two screens to the side of the stage, and the camera for the documentary was just one small 16mm camera on the stage one night and in the pit the other...

The documentary was a pretty small production, with just the director and his sister filming the footage. I think Dean described it as being closer home videos than a movie. So odds are that video on Thank You is actually what was shot for the doc.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2017, 04:24:25 AM »
No clue why the picture won't show. Oh well.

Yeah, the set was incredible. It was a great show. I wish I remembered more about the cameras but it's been too long.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »
Is that the other show that is out there in good quality audio? Has a woman introducing, and she says something like "I know you're gonna have a GREAT FUCKING SHOW TONIGHT, so please welcome STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!!!!" at the beginning.
Hey Pingfah, the show introduction you are referring to is from HOB LA Sunset Strip from 2000.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2017, 07:11:31 PM »
Oh yes you are right, I got it originally track by track from Kazaa or Napster, then the video became available later. And it's had a dodgy bootleg release.

Still, I wonder if that was shot on film or video. It was a good show, I know we already have it, but an HD version would be pretty good.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2017, 10:52:55 PM »
Oh yes you are right, I got it originally track by track from Kazaa or Napster, then the video became available later. And it's had a dodgy bootleg release.

Still, I wonder if that was shot on film or video. It was a good show, I know we already have it, but an HD version would be pretty good.

Pretty sure Sunset Strip was recorded on video. The fact that it was recorded for broadcast, the sheer amount of cameras they used and cut between, and the quality of the footage on the Thank You DVD all looks like it's on video.

However, the fact that it is in a widescreen aspect ratio, and appears to be higher quality than the Rolling Rock footage on the same DVD leads me to think that it might have been recorded on HD Videotape. So it could possibly translate pretty well to an HD format.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:59:54 PM by Blue »

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:18 PM »
iTunes now lists the track time for 'Plush (Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater, 7/2/93)' at 5:05 (all other track times excluding the STT demo are unavailable) so I assume this will be the next track released.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:42:34 PM by Five Star Edge »
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2017, 05:21:55 PM »
iTunes now lists the track time for 'Plush (Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater, 7/2/93)' at 5:05 (all other track times excluding the STT demo are unavailable) so I assume this will be the next track released.

the official site now lists the Plush (live) track as available to download with a pre-order ......although it's not available on iTunes yet

Bundle includes an instant download of a previously un-released "Sex Type Thing" demo and “Plush (Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater, July 2, 1993)" MP3s.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2017, 12:40:04 AM »
I'm listening to the Plush download right now and I can say that the copy itself is significantly better than the previous bootleg of this show that was available. It makes me glad that they picked this show because the copy that's been around for a while isn't very good.

This is a huge improvement. I'll definitely be replacing my previous copy of this show with the official master in my live concert file once I get the disk.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2017, 09:53:42 PM »
Got the tee yesterday, funny how the bundle is not shipping together.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2017, 04:29:00 AM »
Got the tee yesterday, funny how the bundle is not shipping together.

Good lord. Glad to see that STP appear to be involved in this release.