September 29, 2024, 06:25:58 AM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20816 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

Probably means, since the set is limited to 15,000 worldwide, that they just sold out of their allocation, which probably wasn't that many copies. I would think a lot are allocated to Livenation.

It's not been made available on UK amazon at all, only the double CD.

I doubt they sold out on pre-order for an $80 album after less than a day of pre-order. I imagine the pre-order was just put up prematurely and they took it down pending more jnformation on when they'll have it in.

Well I bought a limited Roger Taylor (of Queen) box set at £100, and Amazon sold out in 2 days because they only had 500 copies allocated (of 10,000 total), and the rest were allocated to Queen Online. 15,000 isn't that many copies to spread around the globe.

I'm not saying that they sold a lot of copies, I'm saying they maybe didn't have a lot of copies to sell.

pre-order for super deluxe is available again on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Core-25th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe/dp/B0747Z9GWF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501097787&sr=8-1&keywords=stone+temple+pilots+super+deluxe

Amazon price went down to $71.79 for the super deluxe edition
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2017, 08:31:54 PM »
Surprised no version is autographed by the band. 

That would've been something you'd see with a Pledge Music campaign.

I'm excited about this, but the truth is that I think I've already got all of this material.  I'm picking up the "Super Deluxe Edition" from Rhino. The extra 50 bucks to order the shirt and poster from the STP store isn't worth it, even with the Plush record single, which isn't a new cut anyway.

I'm most excited about the album remaster.  If it's as well done as Pearl Jam's "Ten" remaster from some years back, then this will be worth it. Also, I've been pimping that DVD-Audio for years now on the forums, so if you never picked that up, now is your chance!
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »
I'm excited about this, but the truth is that I think I've already got all of this material.  I'm picking up the "Super Deluxe Edition" from Rhino. The extra 50 bucks to order the shirt and poster from the STP store isn't worth it, even with the Plush record single, which isn't a new cut anyway.

The only really 'new' material is the post-MJY, pre-Core demos of Dead & Bloated, STT, Creep, Sin, and Plush. Otherwise it's just going to be higher quality versions of boots we have had for years.

But to be honest, I just don't think there is that much unreleased material from that era. Just about any show with a quality soundboard recording made it onto a bootleg and they didn't have many songs that didn't make it to the album. So in the end I care more that they are making the effort than whether or not they are releasing anything 'new'.

I'm thinking of just getting the Super Deluxe Edition (non-bundled) from the STP store. I already have Music On Vinyl's Core reissue from a few years ago, so I'm more interested in the Plush single than another vinyl copy of Core... (So sue me, I've never been a 'collector'.) But on the other hand Amazon's pre-order price is pretty tempting.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2017, 10:06:27 PM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

Probably means, since the set is limited to 15,000 worldwide, that they just sold out of their allocation, which probably wasn't that many copies. I would think a lot are allocated to Livenation.

It's not been made available on UK amazon at all, only the double CD.

I doubt they sold out on pre-order for an $80 album after less than a day of pre-order. I imagine the pre-order was just put up prematurely and they took it down pending more jnformation on when they'll have it in.

Well I bought a limited Roger Taylor (of Queen) box set at £100, and Amazon sold out in 2 days because they only had 500 copies allocated (of 10,000 total), and the rest were allocated to Queen Online. 15,000 isn't that many copies to spread around the globe.

I'm not saying that they sold a lot of copies, I'm saying they maybe didn't have a lot of copies to sell.

pre-order for super deluxe is available again on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Core-25th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe/dp/B0747Z9GWF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501097787&sr=8-1&keywords=stone+temple+pilots+super+deluxe

Amazon price went down to $71.79 for the super deluxe edition

It's only $62.80 on the Canadian Amazon site which is now tempting me to get it.

Not sure if my American friends can purchase it but if ya can you'll save even more money when you convert it. Curious if they'll ship?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »
The price for the Super Deluxe set has also massively dropped in price on Amazon UK from £74.99 to £51.80... I have no idea why but I'm very tempted.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:21:31 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
The price for the Super Deluxe set has also massively dropped in price on Amazon UK from £74.99 to £51.80... I have no idea why but I'm very tempted.

I cancelled my Livenation order and preordered it from Amazon instead.

Not paying a £25 difference (potentially + import VAT as well) just for an additional replica of a 7" I have the original of!

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »

Not paying a £25 difference (potentially + import VAT as well) just for an additional replica of a 7" I have the original of!

How do you cancel the Livenation order?  Did you email them? I don't see a cancellation notice in the email they send after you order it.

I would like to change my order to the Amazon Canada one since it's a lot cheaper.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »

How do you cancel the Livenation order?  Did you email them? I don't see a cancellation notice in the email they send after you order it.

I would like to change my order to the Amazon Canada one since it's a lot cheaper.

I clicked on the "track order" link in the confirmation email, when on the order page click the "ask a question" button, then select "change my order" and tell them you want to cancel in the comments box. They came back to me within a few hours.

That or call them, but as I'm in the uk i didn't want to do that.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »
Thanks!  It worked :)
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »
Is it just me or does that Sex Type Thing demo sound a little sped up, like it was copied onto a computer at the incorrect speed? Scott's almost got a Layne Staley thing going on.
100%  It sounds like a tape speed issue.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 02:57:56 AM »
Well it's a demo, its possible that it's was the speed originally then they slowed it a tad for the album cut.  Scotts final vocals aren't on this demo either
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 03:17:05 AM »
Are the instruments playing on the right pitch for the notes? if the pitch of the notes don't align with an relatively in tune guitar then it could be a tape speed issue. I can't imagine them just transferring the demos and not speed/pitch correcting it to what was originally recorded.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 04:47:00 AM »
As others have said, I'm sort of on the fence about which version to get.

I've read some past posts that the DVD of the larger box sets will just be the same DVD from "Thank You"? Do I have that correct?

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2017, 08:41:38 AM »
As others have said, I'm sort of on the fence about which version to get.

I've read some past posts that the DVD of the larger box sets will just be the same DVD from "Thank You"? Do I have that correct?

That is not correct. The DVD is a 5.1 mix of the album, a 24bit/96kHz mix of the album and 4 music videos. Not at all like the disc from Thank You. This is a Core reissue remember, it doesn't contain music from any other album except for Loungefly which was already being performed on the Core tour.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
The Stooges released some tracks on a deluxe edition for their first album that were at the wrong speed (too slow I believe).  A fan corrected the issue using Audacity, anyone have experience with this?  I haven't listened to the demo, but it's listed at 3:24 and the album version is 3:38, although the demo could just be a shorter performance.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.