September 29, 2024, 06:32:36 AM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20822 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

Probably means, since the set is limited to 15,000 worldwide, that they just sold out of their allocation, which probably wasn't that many copies. I would think a lot are allocated to Livenation.

It's not been made available on UK amazon at all, only the double CD.

I doubt they sold out on pre-order for an $80 album after less than a day of pre-order. I imagine the pre-order was just put up prematurely and they took it down pending more jnformation on when they'll have it in.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »
I was really excited when I read the news about this earlier today, now I'm just deciding wether to buy the 2CD Deluxe Version or go all out and treat myself to the Super Deluxe, I live in the UK though and I'm guessing shipping on top of that could be quite expensive.

Regarding the trackisting, the thing I'm looking forward to hearing the most is the 'Only Dying' demo which I just PRAY is better quality than the leak we've had for years... I've been waiting for that in good quality for a long time and I'll be so dissapointed if it isn't any more polished sounding.
A remastered louder version of 'Core' will be cool too since the original is still rather quiet on my iPod at FULL volume. Also from my experience with Rhino's work on the remastered Faith No More albums they don't brickwall their remasters or compress them to shit, the differences are subtle but noticeable and definitely a little louder than the originals ('The Real Thing' remaster is a lot louder but it had to be really since the original release was so quiet).

The only thing I feel is missing from this release is a DVD of the MTV Unplugged show rather than a CD version, they could've added some other cool 'Core' era TV performances to the DVD too like 'Sex Type Thing' live on The Word or the actual pro shot televised footage from the Reading Festival. These are available as VHS rips on YouTube but would've been a welcome addition to this package.
Oh well, at this stage I guess we're lucky to be getting anything and I'm still looking forward to adding this to my STP collection.

The shipping is $20. I just bought the $80 deluxe set, got the Plush 7" too (although I already have the original), and shipping to the UK for $20. Once it came through on my bank statement it was £76.50 for the lot.

Thanks for the info, it's £74.99 on Amazon but you don't get the Plush 7",  I still have the 12" of that but never had the 7". I think I'm going to take the plunge!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:27:34 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
I kinda wanted the poster but not for 30 bucks.  Was thinking buying super deluexe set.  Then also buying a core shirt.  Don't really need the vinyl since I don't have a record player.  But maybe get it just for artwork.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 03:16:06 AM »
Hello all, I just looked back and I haven't posted here for over 2 years and tragically, one of my last posts in 2015 was a glowing review of my one time seeing STP with Chester.

Anyways, despite my lack of activity in the wake of Scott (and now Chester's passing), I have never stopped loving STP. It's just been so hard to be a fan these last couple years. With that being said, I'm so excited to say that I ordered the super deluxe version of Core today and I'm feeling a reignited passion for the band right now. I listened to all of Core in its entirety for the first time in ages today and even added info about the reissue to their wikipedia (just like the old days - I've literally edited and updated STP related wikipedia pages hundreds of times lol)

I guess that's all for now - can't wait to check out all that the Core reissue has to offer.

Wish the guys in STP nothing but the best, no matter what happens moving forward.

Love you all.

RIP Scott. RIP Chester.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:18 AM »
Wow, 2 months since my last login? Are there still Plush singles available? Should I dip into my vacation  funds for the ultra deluxe version?
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2017, 04:22:36 AM »
Screw it. Couldn't not buy it. I hope Scott's kids are receiving a percentage of my money. Something like 12.5% each. And I doubt it, but it would be mighty fine of the people involved to put some of this money from stuff that should have been released 5 years ago into a trust for Noah and Lucy....

And almost 14 dollars for shipping? For some CDs, a 12", and a t shirt? If anybody receives an item that is even slightly bent, I implore you to complain til you get replacement items sent to you. That's insane. Akin to a Ticketmaster convenience fee.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:08 AM »

Aaaannndddd one more thing before I log off for the night.

Is it just me or does that Sex Type Thing demo sound a little sped up, like it was copied onto a computer at the incorrect speed? Scott's almost got a Layne Staley thing going on.
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

Probably means, since the set is limited to 15,000 worldwide, that they just sold out of their allocation, which probably wasn't that many copies. I would think a lot are allocated to Livenation.

I doubt they sold out on pre-order for an $80 album after less than a day of pre-order. I imagine the pre-order was just put up prematurely and they took it down pending more jnformation on when they'll have it in.

Well I bought a limited Roger Taylor (of Queen) box set at £100, and Amazon sold out in 2 days because they only had 500 copies allocated (of 10,000 total), and the rest were allocated to Queen Online. 15,000 isn't that many copies to spread around the globe.

I'm not saying that they sold a lot of copies, I'm saying they maybe didn't have a lot of copies to sell.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »
I'm still on the fence on which combo to get??

Also wondering if STP will release a song to radio as part of the promotion? 'Only Dying' perhaps??

Side Note: Good to see some of the old schoolers coming out of the word works for this :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:24:18 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »

Well I bought a limited Roger Taylor (of Queen) box set at £100, and Amazon sold out in 2 days because they only had 500 copies allocated (of 10,000 total), and the rest were allocated to Queen Online. 15,000 isn't that many copies to spread around the globe.

I'm not saying that they sold a lot of copies, I'm saying they maybe didn't have a lot of copies to sell.

pre-order for super deluxe is available again on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Core-25th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe/dp/B0747Z9GWF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501097787&sr=8-1&keywords=stone+temple+pilots+super+deluxe
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 12:17:18 AM »
Surprised no version is autographed by the band. 

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 03:50:39 AM »
Surprised no version is autographed by the band. 

It doesn't make as much sense if you ask me. Since Scott can't autograph any of them it would kind of make them incomplete.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2017, 05:08:40 AM »
I want one of the box sets (with all the live CDs and the DVD), but I'm not sure which one yet. While the T-shirt looks cool, I feel like I'd rather sport an original Core shirt. The lithograph would look great in my home studio but seems pricey. Maybe I should go all out. After all, this is my favorite band and the album that made me really fall in love with music and rock.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 06:38:16 AM »
Yeah, my preorder was never canceled and the listing is back up on Amazon. I think I am most interested to hear the 5.1 mix of Core. While I am of course excited for Unplugged, HQ demo material, the live stuff, 5.1 music is something I have never experienced.

One thing about being a little older. I may not be the same fanboy, but I have disposable income now, lol.

I have Purple on vinyl (autographed by the band at the San Diego Tower Records acoustic performance) and Tiny Music on vinyl, so why not get Core while I have the chance? Excited for this to come in.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
Go for it lovemachine lol.

Think I'm might just be getting the 2 cd pack
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"