September 28, 2024, 08:28:05 PM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20777 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 11:51:01 PM »
Yeah you're probably right.

In any case, as you said this release is much better than I expected a possible anniversary reissue to be.  I'm excited to have all of the b-sides and bootlegs from this era in one convenient package and remastered.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 12:24:25 AM »
Listening to STP music since Scott passed hasn't been the same for me sadly.  Chester's passing seems to have re opened wound.  SMH.  Will be passing on this purchase.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 12:36:37 AM »
Representative from Rhino got back to me about my question if the b-sides and demos disc has 13 or 14 tracks and she said '13 tracks'. So I guess if she has all the correct info, the 'Piece of Pie (Scott Rehearsal)' is not included on the disc.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »
This release is a pretty complete representation of b-sides and previously released promo songs, especially since the live recordings from Reading Festival were also used as b-sides.

List of B-sides and promo extras not featured on this Anniversary Edition:

(* This recording features the full band, as opposed to the MTV Headbangers' Ball session, which only has Dean on guitar and Scott on vocals. This is an edited version of 3:29. The original version of this recording has another part after the bridge and runs for 4:47. This song was recorded during the same sessions as 'Sex Type Thing (Jazzy Version)')
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:52:27 AM by Rik »

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2017, 02:27:02 AM »
Representative from Rhino got back to me about my question if the b-sides and demos disc has 13 or 14 tracks and she said '13 tracks'. So I guess if she has all the correct info, the 'Piece of Pie (Scott Rehearsal)' is not included on the disc.

The rhino site now shows only 13 tracks on disc 2.  Was hoping for another unreleased track, wonder why it was removed.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2017, 02:32:23 AM »
I was really excited when I read the news about this earlier today, now I'm just deciding wether to buy the 2CD Deluxe Version or go all out and treat myself to the Super Deluxe, I live in the UK though and I'm guessing shipping on top of that could be quite expensive.

Regarding the trackisting, the thing I'm looking forward to hearing the most is the 'Only Dying' demo which I just PRAY is better quality than the leak we've had for years... I've been waiting for that in good quality for a long time and I'll be so dissapointed if it isn't any more polished sounding.
A remastered louder version of 'Core' will be cool too since the original is still rather quiet on my iPod at FULL volume. Also from my experience with Rhino's work on the remastered Faith No More albums they don't brickwall their remasters or compress them to shit, the differences are subtle but noticeable and definitely a little louder than the originals ('The Real Thing' remaster is a lot louder but it had to be really since the original release was so quiet).

The only thing I feel is missing from this release is a DVD of the MTV Unplugged show rather than a CD version, they could've added some other cool 'Core' era TV performances to the DVD too like 'Sex Type Thing' live on The Word or the actual pro shot televised footage from the Reading Festival. These are available as VHS rips on YouTube but would've been a welcome addition to this package.
Oh well, at this stage I guess we're lucky to be getting anything and I'm still looking forward to adding this to my STP collection.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:23 AM »
The only thing I feel is missing from this release is a DVD of the MTV Unplugged show rather than a CD version, they could've added some other cool 'Core' era TV performances to the DVD too like 'Sex Type Thing' live on The Word or the actual pro shot televised footage from the Reading Festival. These are available as VHS rips on YouTube but would've been a welcome addition to this package.

Actually, the full Reading proshot footage never surfaced online. Just Naked Sunday, parts of STT, and an audience shot bootleg. So, yeah it would have been nice to see the full show on DVD, knowing it has to exist somewhere.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 03:16:38 AM »

Actually, the full Reading proshot footage never surfaced online. Just Naked Sunday, parts of STT, and an audience shot bootleg. So, yeah it would have been nice to see the full show on DVD, knowing it has to exist somewhere.

Yeah, it really is a shame that the only 'video' included with this release is 4 music videos which were already released on the 'Thank You' DVD... There must be so much more video from this era in the Vaults, both pro shot from TV and audience shot footage. At the very least I was hoping to finally get an official full version of Unplugged on DVD like Pearl Jam did with their 'Ten' deluxe edition. Perhaps they're saving all the video stuff for something else further down the line (wishful thinking).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:19:22 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 04:50:33 AM »
I'm gonna laugh if the demo versions are the same quality as the ones out right now. Hopefully they sound a lot cleaner. Pretty shocked they are doing this.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 07:31:42 AM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:29 AM »
Wonder why STP does not list the Super Deluxe version that has the 4cds, DVD, and LP on their website.  I would want that one with the Lithograph and T shirt.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »
Gosh, after all of these years, the band will finally release their MTV Unplugged! 
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I see now you just have to click preorder to see all the options to see the 4cds, dvd, lp bundles.   Amazing how you can go from 7 dollars for just the cd to up to 134 dollars for the big bundle.

I am excited about the MTV unplugged.  Loved that concert.  Looking forward to a mastered version of that to listen too.  Nice to get that on CD.  Would like DVD or Blue Ray of that someday. 

Excited about the concerts cds too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:45:38 AM by rocker rockstar »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
I was really excited when I read the news about this earlier today, now I'm just deciding wether to buy the 2CD Deluxe Version or go all out and treat myself to the Super Deluxe, I live in the UK though and I'm guessing shipping on top of that could be quite expensive.

Regarding the trackisting, the thing I'm looking forward to hearing the most is the 'Only Dying' demo which I just PRAY is better quality than the leak we've had for years... I've been waiting for that in good quality for a long time and I'll be so dissapointed if it isn't any more polished sounding.
A remastered louder version of 'Core' will be cool too since the original is still rather quiet on my iPod at FULL volume. Also from my experience with Rhino's work on the remastered Faith No More albums they don't brickwall their remasters or compress them to shit, the differences are subtle but noticeable and definitely a little louder than the originals ('The Real Thing' remaster is a lot louder but it had to be really since the original release was so quiet).

Oh well, at this stage I guess we're lucky to be getting anything and I'm still looking forward to adding this to my STP collection.

The shipping is $20. I just bought the $80 deluxe set, got the Plush 7" too (although I already have the original), and shipping to the UK for $20. Once it came through on my bank statement it was £76.50 for the lot.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
Pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version on Amazon for $79. While it hasn't been canceled, the listing now says "currently unavailable." So I guess we see what that means.

Probably means, since the set is limited to 15,000 worldwide, that they just sold out of their allocation, which probably wasn't that many copies. I would think a lot are allocated to Livenation.

It's not been made available on UK amazon at all, only the double CD.