September 29, 2024, 12:32:50 AM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20783 times)

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2017, 04:35:58 AM »
Got the tee yesterday, funny how the bundle is not shipping together.

I got the notice that mine shipped as well - I had similar thoughts about breaking up the package. I'm happy that we are seeing something, but I can't help but wish that this was a Pledge Music campaign that probably would've come with signed stuff and handwritten lyric sheets and whatnot.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2017, 06:18:33 PM »
Got the tee yesterday, funny how the bundle is not shipping together.

I got the notice that mine shipped as well - I had similar thoughts about breaking up the package. I'm happy that we are seeing something, but I can't help but wish that this was a Pledge Music campaign that probably would've come with signed stuff and handwritten lyric sheets and whatnot.

I agree, it would have been nice if it came together with some sort of themed packaging instead of x number of separate pieces. 

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »
The shirt is pretty awful. Wish I had bought one of the sets that didn't come with it.

The front has the album cover with 1992-2017 on it. Like it fucking died this year or something.

At least on the back it at least explains what's going on with the dates, but still.

During the reunion there was a bitchin' shirt with the Core cover on it, they should have just sent that out instead of this crapfest that makes it look like Core died this year.

Ah well, at least they already got my money and hopefully it will lead to some Purple and Tiny Music archival releases.

RIP CORE 1992-2017
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2017, 12:35:34 PM »
Just got an email from Amazon saying this is delayed by 2 weeks in the UK. Not sure if the US release remains on track.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 01:15:45 PM »
I agree that the shirt is not worth the extra money. It's OK at best I only got it to be a completionist. Got a shipping notification for the litho. 'Signed litho' the e-mail says. I don't recall any mention of them being signed when I ordered, so I'm curious to find out who signed it and if it's authentic or just printed signatures. This process of shipping with all the seperate items is pretty messy IMO, and my download link for the live version of Plush never worked...

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2017, 04:30:59 AM »
I agree that the shirt is not worth the extra money. It's OK at best I only got it to be a completionist. Got a shipping notification for the litho. 'Signed litho' the e-mail says. I don't recall any mention of them being signed when I ordered, so I'm curious to find out who signed it and if it's authentic or just printed signatures. This process of shipping with all the seperate items is pretty messy IMO, and my download link for the live version of Plush never worked...

If you think the shirt is bad wait until you see the litho. It is not signed. On the packing slip the word "signed" is blacked out with a marker.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2017, 06:37:34 AM »

The fact that it's all shipping seprately makes me feel a little better about the crazy shipping fees, but the fact you're getting told your item is autographed when the description mentioned nothing of the sort....

Kind of annoying, but not very surprising. If it wasn't slightly unexpected and moderately messy, it wouldn't be STP.

That shirt though.... I've put it away and try to think of it as little as possible. I'm just ready for the music!!!
Bleeda blooda

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2017, 08:42:10 PM »
Haven't been back here in a long time but I did want to visit this topic first thing. I'm fairly excited for this release, it's a bit wider in scope than I anticipated from the band, no offense to them of course. The live stuff is promising and certainly a welcome addition. Nice to hear swing type thing included as well. Seeing the ad's, promotions for the release has also been very cool, given how they've repurposed old video material for it.

LimoWreck

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »
Hi  everyone, Im new here. I wanted to sign up to add that my email also stated Id get a signed litho but when it came today it wasnt signed and mine also had 'signed' marked out on the invoice.  Just curious if anyone actually gets a signed one. Ive been through the ringer many times before with Live Nation over Soundgarden and Cornell merch.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »
new interview, and 'Wicked Garden (unplugged') will be the next track released.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7957569/stone-temple-pilots-core-reissue-wicked-garden-unplugged

and Rob mentions the PoP rehearsal that was included in that early Rhino tracklist.  Wonder if it will be a hidden track?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:04:27 PM by Five Star Edge »
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
new interview, and 'Wicked Garden (unplugged') will be the next track released.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7957569/stone-temple-pilots-core-reissue-wicked-garden-unplugged

and Rob mentions the PoP rehearsal that was included in that early Rhino tracklist.  Wonder if it will be a hidden track?

So what's up with STP now?

DeLeo: Dean [DeLeo, guitarist] and I are always writing music, whether it's for STP or not. Hopefully we will find a singer who will be that guy, and represent what we want to do moving forward. I think there's a lot of music to be made, still, and I think we all feel we want to continue -- not only that, but also playing songs that we wrote 25, 30 years ago that mean a lot to me, and I think there's people out there who want to hear those songs, too.

Well, looks like that' confirmation they decided not to move forward with Gutt. Glad they aren't taking the decision lightly. Hopefully they'll stop sitting on their hands and put their new music into a new AoA album or something until they find 'The One'.

Are you planning to do anniversary packages like this for STP's other albums?

DeLeo: Absolutely. I think they deserve that. There's so many demos, and the bare bones of how some of these songs came together musically. I've got so much stuff that I saved, and I think it's gonna be fun going through one of the best musical parts of my life, that decade. It's all about there in my garage, and it's going to be interesting going through that.

Really hope that comes to fruition. Would love to see all of the albums get a set like this.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
iTunes lists the track time for Only Dying at 5:19, which is about 10 seconds shorter than the version that's already out there......probably just an earlier fade out
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
Hi  everyone, Im new here. I wanted to sign up to add that my email also stated Id get a signed litho but when it came today it wasnt signed and mine also had 'signed' marked out on the invoice.  Just curious if anyone actually gets a signed one. Ive been through the ringer many times before with Live Nation over Soundgarden and Cornell merch.
Received mine today too... not signed.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2017, 03:39:19 AM »
Wicked Garden Unplugged, Plush (Live) and Sex Type Thing demo are all up on Spotify if any uses it
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

drummerboy_73

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2017, 09:42:51 PM »
Hi everyone, long time fan, new to this forum. I also ordered the deluxe vinyl set with the shirt, litho, etc. and regret to say I'm kind of disappointed so far. Shirt was pretty sub par; material and fit was okay, but the print quality is very poor. Very pixelated and blurry. Also got the "litho" yesterday as well - it's NOT a litho! It is a cheap digital print, and is also very pixelated, and mine had marks all over it. Something you can have printed at FedEx for a few dollars. I really hope the vinyl pressing is high quality for some sort of redemption.