July 08, 2024, 10:02:15 PM

Author Topic: STP rehearsing with new singer  (Read 5119 times)

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP rehearsing with new singer
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 12:57:36 AM »
Search
Dry cell -heaven and hot rods

That's jeff singing

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 01:00:48 AM »
I
Search

That's jeff singing

This is what we can look forward too :-\

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 01:16:26 AM »
I
Search

That's jeff singing

We've discussed this  on here before. That recording is 15 years old,  cut the guy some slack.  Also,  I think the roaring nu metal vocals are done by the bass player.

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 01:26:46 AM »
I
Search

That's jeff singing

We've discussed this  on here before. That recording is 15 years old,  cut the guy some slack.  Also,  I think the roaring nu metal vocals are done by the bass player.

Yeah I know. I'm from Detroit I've seen jeff in his cover band years ago "band with no name" or something like that they played aloe of Alice and stp. Guy can sing for sure I'm not busting his balls im glad he's getting a break just wish it wasn't with stp. I'm just one of those people that would be all for it if they went by other name. But I guess as long as we get new stuff from the Deleos and kretz I'll be happy.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
I
Search

That's jeff singing

Yeah I know. I'm from Detroit I've seen jeff in his cover band years ago "band with no name" or something like that they played aloe of Alice and stp. Guy can sing for sure I'm not busting his balls im glad he's getting a break just wish it wasn't with stp. I'm just one of those people that would be all for it if they went by other name. But I guess as long as we get new stuff from the Deleos and kretz I'll be happy.

Cool man,  I'm not a fan of Jeff particularly (though the guy can certainly sing) and the X Factor thing is a huge no no for me..  But as a musician  with 20+ yrs  of recording behind me,  I know I wouldn't want to be judged now on stuff I recorded that long ago. 

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »
I'm concerned a little about the X-Factor thing too, but it does seem he had a legit go at a career before that.

I question the judgement of anybody who would appear as a contestant on such a show, BUT, it's not like the Deleos are above that part of the industry, they have appeared on Idol themselves as musical guests.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
I'm concerned a little about the X-Factor thing too, but it does seem he had a legit go at a career before that.

I question the judgement of anybody who would appear as a contestant on such a show, BUT, it's not like the Deleos are above that part of the industry, they have appeared on Idol themselves as musical guests.

They did??  Wow I did not know that..  Off to YouTube I go...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 11:42:44 AM »
You wouldn't know it, they didn't even introduce them. They were playing as the backing band for Steven Tyler.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
I
Search

That's jeff singing

Oh wow. I remember hearing that cover too. Needless to say, I'll cut the guy some slack and give him another shot.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
This is probably closer to what we'll get:

Interstate Love Song cover

Plush cover
Grab the hate and drown it out...

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
I HOPE IT'S JUST CLICKBAIT.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »
I HOPE IT'S JUST CLICKBAIT.

TBH Mick Blankenship was a lot scarier a performer... I mean, IMO he could have been called to a live audition if he did NOT overdo the Weiland impressions.  If I were him, he shouldn't have imitated much of the wardrobe, the looks, and even the tribute band's logo was a direct copy of STP's logo. 

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
RE: Jeff Gutt.

You can listen to samples of his album here.
https://www.amazon.com/Humanity-Jeff-Gutt/dp/B00GS5DX3M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506170277&sr=8-2&keywords=Jeff+gutt

He has a great voice, but his original material is extremely generic. I tend to think that a Gutt-fronted STP would put on a good show, as Gutt could easily handle the material, but a new album would sort of be like a Talk Show 2.0.--a solid 90's sounding rock album, but nothing amazing. I still think they should have given Gavin Rossdale a call.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »
He has a great voice, but his original material is extremely generic. I tend to think that a Gutt-fronted STP would put on a good show, as Gutt could easily handle the material, but a new album would sort of be like a Talk Show 2.0.--a solid 90's sounding rock album, but nothing amazing.

I agree. Jeff Gutt is very talented, experienced, and seems very well prepared for this kind of gig. But his original music is generic and uninspiring. That is the big problem to me. Scott Weiland was unrivaled as a writer of melodic rock vocals. STP needs to find someone who can write really good, interesting, compelling vocals for their music. They don't need to find someone who's on Scott's level necessarily, but they do need to find someone who's on another level from most of the stuff being put out today. If they settle on someone who writes mediocre vocals, then this whole thing will end up a failure.

I don't think Gavin Rossdale would ever do it, for the same reason Brett Scallions wouldn't, except to an even greater degree: He has his own reformed band, which was popular in its own right and which he and his former bandmates built their success on themselves. He doesn't want to spend every night singing a set made of 95% another singer's songs. Chester was the only already-established singer who could pull that off, and only because: a. Chester didn't have a huge ego, and b. Chester was a huge STP fan since before he got famous.

If they're gonna do this, they need to do it right. I am hopeful they understand this due to all the time it's taken and how secretive they've been.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 02:54:04 AM »
I know STP denied they chose as singer before.  So I guess maybe they are still deciding singer.  Or just not ready to disclose it yet.
http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-deny-finalizing-decision-new-vocalist/

But according to this article below STP is close to disclosing who it is.  There is new music in work.
http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-deny-finalizing-decision-new-vocalist/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:00:50 AM by rocker rockstar »