September 29, 2024, 03:27:25 AM

Author Topic: 2017-04-08 - Long Beach, CA - Dean joins Kings of Chaos (Chester, Robert, etc)  (Read 7457 times)

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12527
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7685014/kings-of-chaos-chester-bennington-billy-idol-billy-gibbons-long-beach-grand-prix?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

April 8th in Long Beach, CA which is actually pretty close to the last STP show in March 2016. Chester and Robert at least live nearby, not sure where Dean lives.

Anyways this is 3 of the 4 STP members from the latest lineup, just missing Eric.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dean joins Kings of Chaos (Chester, Robert, etc) in Long Beach, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:08:07 PM »
Wow, that's actually a really cool lineup. Billy Idol & STP, awesome. And Billy Gibbons is just gravy.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 07:27:09 AM »
Hopefully one of those Kings of Chaos can convince the DeLeos to record several albums as a supergroup instead of the continued dragging of STP's name through the mud. No more rumors and speculation.
Bleeda blooda

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »
Band name is pretty bad.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
It'll be neat to see Dean, Rob and Chester playing again... But I've never been a huge fan of these revolving line-up type super groups.

Like I said in another thread, it'd be cool if Matt, Dean, Rob, Chester, and Dave Kushner did some shows with just STP, VR, and G'n'R covers. Maybe throw in some straight up rock and roll renditions of a couple LP songs. Now THAT would be a show I'd be excited to go to.

EDIT:

lol this is Dean's bio on the Kings of Chaos website:

New Jersey born guitarist Dean Deleo is known for his simple, yet effective rig. His rig allows him to replicate the quality sound he creates in the studio. Dean is best known for his role as guitarist for Stone Temple Pilots. Prior to STP, he had played with Talk Show and Army of Anyone.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:36:49 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 11:31:35 PM »
Website must be outsourced to a non rock and roller.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 11:49:48 PM »
Website must be outsourced to a non rock and roller.

Who doesn't have access to Wikipedia apparently.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 02:00:27 AM »
I think this whole thing speaks to how well the singer search is going.

Sources

• Ground Personnel
  • Melancholy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 11:57:56 PM »
I actually have been pretty satisfied with the KoC performances I've seen so far. The earlier one with Corey Taylor was great, getting to see Robert play Slither. I hope Dean's inclusion means they'll play interstate in a non-acoustic format.

Between Hollywood Vamps and KoC, it seems like Sorum and Robert have gotten pretty comfortable playing together. I'm sure the common bond of playing with Scott made it a pretty natural friendship.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 12:29:32 AM »
I hope Dean's inclusion means they'll play interstate in a non-acoustic format.

Or at least with the right chords...

EDIT: Take that back: double checked and the guy they had playing was using the right chords, he just added a random slide to the riff.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:32:48 AM by Blue »

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 12:45:49 AM »
Is anyone  going to the Long Beach show?
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
I'm going since it's just a hop on the Blue Line to Long Beach.  I'm pretty excited to see Billy Gibbons.  I never had a chance to see ZZ Top ever so I'm pretty stoked on that.  They say the show was free to having a race ticket so paying $64 bucks is a great deal to me to see all those guys jam.

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 05:48:48 AM »
I'm going since it's just a hop on the Blue Line to Long Beach.  I'm pretty excited to see Billy Gibbons.  I never had a chance to see ZZ Top ever so I'm pretty stoked on that.  They say the show was free to having a race ticket so paying $64 bucks is a great deal to me to see all those guys jam.

Nice Westenn, I've been trying to goad my buddies from Long Beach into going but, I think they are gigging that night. Im stuck in Indiana that week  :(  Check out "PUMP 5" or "THE POORBOYS" (reunion) sometime if you get a chance.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »

Nice Westenn, I've been trying to goad my buddies from Long Beach into going but, I think they are gigging that night. Im stuck in Indiana that week  :(  Check out "PUMP 5" or "THE POORBOYS" (reunion) sometime if you get a chance.

Man, I gotta tell you, I googled that band but I clicked on the wrong video and I'm like, "Is this guy for real?  This is horrible".  Then I realized it was the wrong band and I think I found it
http://www.pump5band.com/   I'm guessing this was what you were referring to and I will say that it totally reminds me of when I lived in South Florida and used to go to a bar called 'Button South' and 'The Treehouse' when Saigon Kick used to play.

And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »

Man, I gotta tell you, I googled that band but I clicked on the wrong video and I'm like, "Is this guy for real?  This is horrible".  Then I realized it was the wrong band and I think I found it
http://www.pump5band.com/   I'm guessing this was what you were referring to and I will say that it totally reminds me of when I lived in South Florida and used to go to a bar called 'Button South' and 'The Treehouse' when Saigon Kick used to play.

LOL! There isn't much good video of Pump 5 out there yet. The Poorboys, which had a few members in common, had Vids on Mtv and are sometimes credited as pioneering the "Matchbox 20 sound", till this lil band called NIRVANA showed up and upset the whole apple cart. Phil Varone used to live here in my hometown of Terre Haute and actually brought the "hot wing" craze to this little town. An old drummer in an early band, pal-ed around with him. I think early forms of Marilyn Manson/ Brian Warner projects came out of those same south florida bars. Used to hear lots of cool stories from Varone at his wing shop.
Josh HUTEYE Hutson