September 28, 2024, 08:31:39 PM

Author Topic: Scott funeral pics  (Read 3054 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott funeral pics
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:05:44 AM »
Does anyone know if Doug Grean attended the funeral?
I'm also still curious about his departure from the Wildabouts. I know Scott cited musical differences and tightening up the sound but knowing what we know now I'm thinking there was more to it than that.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:13:46 AM »
I'm also still curious about his departure from the Wildabouts. I know Scott cited musical differences and tightening up the sound but knowing what we know now I'm thinking there was more to it than that.

I don't know if Doug was there.  I have been told though that Doug tried to be a good influence on Scott when he was around though.

Musically I always thought Doug and Scott had solid chemistry in the studio, as seen on Happy.  I never thought he was a good live player though, he seemed best suited as a recording/studio partner for Scott.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:49 AM »

I don't know if Doug was there.  I have been told though that Doug tried to be a good influence on Scott when he was around though.

Musically I always thought Doug and Scott had solid chemistry in the studio, as seen on Happy.  I never thought he was a good live player though, he seemed best suited as a recording/studio partner for Scott.

Yeah at the time I believed the whole 'tightening up the sound' thing simply because Doug was adding a lot of noodling to the live performances which didn't sound too good (not knocking his studio work) so it made sense to let him go but now I think he may have actually left due to the internal abuse problems within the group. Another piece of the puzzle we won't know unless Doug does an interview about it at some point.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Someone needs to tell that guy to shave that rat tail off his chin.

Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
"You Won't Believe What is Revealed in These Scott Weiland Funeral Pictures! 17 Reasons Why These Pictures Have Never Been Seen Before!"

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 05:27:02 PM »
"You Won't Believe What is Revealed in These Scott Weiland Funeral Pictures! 17 Reasons Why These Pictures Have Never Been Seen Before!"

Not the headline I used.  I use ridiculous shit like that for dumb stories like how much money Guns N' Roses are making, not something more sensitive like this.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 11:45:36 PM »

Not the headline I used.  I use ridiculous shit like that for dumb stories like how much money Guns N' Roses are making, not something more sensitive like this.

I think EyesOfDisarray was commenting more on the fact you posted pictures from someones funeral on your site.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 02:35:50 AM »

I think EyesOfDisarray was commenting more on the fact you posted pictures from someones funeral on your site.

Actually, Brett was right. I was giving him a hard time for all the clickbait headlines he writes.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 04:21:10 AM »

Actually, Brett was right. I was giving him a hard time for all the clickbait headlines he writes.

Well, looks like I'm a big asshole.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »
foou33, you're the worst.
Bleeda blooda

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 08:37:42 PM »

Well, looks like I'm a big asshole.

Nah you're cool man. You're not the one always writing clickbait headlines. ;)