September 20, 2024, 01:41:03 PM

Author Topic: STP Tribute tonight  (Read 2413 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
STP Tribute tonight
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:04:37 PM »
For anyone 21+ who will be in Chicago or the surrounding areas tonight, my STP tribute band Hollywood Bitch will be performing at The Mutiny's annual Halloween extravaganza.  Other bands will be performing as Radiohead, Iggy &The Stooges, the Cramps, and the Misfits.  This is a free event, and drinks are super cheap.  So if you're in town come join us as we celebrate the music of STP!!!  Show starts at 9:30. The Mutiny is at 2428 N. Western Ave. in Chicago, conveniently located just a few blocks from the I-90/94 Fullerton Ave. exit.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP Tribute tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »

Hey Nick ya'"lol have a great time buddy. I am sure you will do a great job.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »
Have a great show! Hope someone takes video. If so, post it here! I remember the last video of your tribute band was great. You do a great Weiland and your guitarist had Dean's tone down.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:58 PM »
All I can say is it was one of the top 3 shows I've ever had the priviledge to play in my life.  I don't know where it falls within those top 3 though.  Its strange in a way because I expected to play for people we knew, but really we played for a bunch of people we've never met. As a result I don't know if I'll ever get any pics or videos. I know for a fact though that a ton of video and pictures exist because I've never played a show where I've seen more functioning cameras in my life.  So if anyone on here is good at digging things up online and can find said material, please point me to it cause I'd love to see it!

For anyone interested, our next show is Friday, November 18th @ Independence Tap in Chicago. I believe that is a free show as well.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »
If anyone happens to be in Chicago tonight, my STP tribute band will be playing at Independence Tap, 3932 W. Irving Park Rd. The place is a smaller divey type joint, nothing pretentious. Drinks aren't ridiculously priced and to top it all off, it is a free show.  We go on at 9:30.  Feel free to join us in celebrating the legacy of STP!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
Someone took a short video of a few songs last night. The clip to my knowledge has not been posted to our current facebook page but is on our old facebook page.  So if you want to see the clip it is about 7 minutes and is on the timeline at www.facebook.com/ladypicturehole

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
I got an email today with these short clips from our last show at a small NW side dive bar, so I put them on youtube so I could upload the links here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYeV2sHoGZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT1ED7z1iVE

For anyone who will be in Chicago on Friday, December 9th.... We will be playing at Livewire Lounge at Karlov and Milwaukee. It's a really great rock bar! I'm told that the other band on the bill will be a Pretenders tribute.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »
Sounds great!  The guitar player is true to form

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »
Coma.  Nice.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:20 PM »
Hot damn. That Coma clip. You guys are on point. Nicely done!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 01:52:58 AM »
Thanks guys! I wish we had more videos, but I can only post what I'm provided by those who were there that I know. That place had the tiniest stage we've ever played on. It was quite cramped. Half the time I wasn't even on the stage, and was wandering around the bar. The problem became that when I did go on the stage I couldn't move around really because I would bump into the other guys.  The other issue was when I wandered around the bar it created tons of feedback. The sound girl was totally kept on her toes all night, but was real sweet about it. They definitely were not used to a band like us. They mostly have groups play there where people are sight-reading sheet music off of music stands and just standing still in place. We played about two hours that night and made the best of it. We're just kind of cutting our teeth at this point so shows like that are expected. Plus unlike say an ACDC tribute, there's not a ton of demand for an STP tribute band. So we have to take the shows as they come our way at this point.  As we get video clips I will post them though.

The best way to keep up with those clips is to find us online. Pasquale, our guitar player, runs the facebook. Www.facebook.com/hwbchicago

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »
Nicely done fellas
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 01:56:39 PM »
If anyone happens to be in Chicago tonight we are playing an STP tribute set at Livewire Lounge 3394 n. Milwaukee Ave.  I believe the other band we are playing with is a Pretenders tribute. We go on kind of late, about 12:30.  To my knowledge, unfortunately I don't believe this is a free show, I think the cover is $10.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 02:20:03 PM »
If anyone happens to be in Chicago tonight we are playing an STP tribute set at Livewire Lounge 3394 n. Milwaukee Ave.  I believe the other band we are playing with is a Pretenders tribute. We go on kind of late, about 12:30.  To my knowledge, unfortunately I don't believe this is a free show, I think the cover is $10.

Is everyone here from Illinois?

Come to MI!
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
Whereabout in MI are you? We played with a real good Primus tribute a few months back and they wanted us to come up to Kalamazoo sometime, which we may potentially try and do in the spring.

I'm sure in the coming week or two some video clips will surface from our set last night. If/when they do I'll be sure to post the links.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:27:41 PM by NickLorenza »