September 29, 2024, 03:27:50 AM

Author Topic: Exclude any song on albums  (Read 5664 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Exclude any song on albums
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 03:05:15 AM »
Core - Wet My Bed
Purple - 12 Gracious Melodies (if that counts)
Tiny Music - Ride the Cliche (I like it, but it's the least strong on the album)
No. 4 - MC5
SLDD - Long Way Home
S/T - Cinnamon

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 06:23:12 AM »
[
Where the River Goes? I actually much prefer the demo version, oddly. It has a little more of a funk edge to it.

Yeah! I prefer it too! I can't say that I feel something funky there, but it is more powerful and emotional, indeed. The vocals of MJY version are great, imho. I like everything, it's brilliant performance - arrangements, guitar sound, except the quality of recording  :)

No! That doesn't count, pick another one please  :)

Tiny Music - Ride the Cliche (I like it, but it's the least strong on the album)

I think so too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:24:51 AM by Alex »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »
Ugh I can't do it! I can't exclude a track from Purple. It's my favorite album of all time. It's quite literally a perfect rock album imo. Sorry, I wish I could play the game, but I just can't do it on this one.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 11:26:10 AM »
Core - Where The River goes: it's almost like a pilgrimage to get through this song. Never clicked with me.
Purple - Pretty Penny: always found this to be one of their most annoying songs. I've warmed to it over the years but the vocals still bother me.
Tiny Music - Press Play. Honestly can't pick a song off this album that I would say isn't a defining moment in their career.
No. 4: Sex & Violence: at one point I really loved this song, but I think it suffers from being extremely repetitive while also being very loud at the same time.
SLDD: Regneration: hard because this is my favorite album, but I'd say this one has always been the one I've skipped the most on it.
S/T: Huckleberry Crumble: cool lyrics actually but the riff can be annoying. The production on this song is really week, the weakest of the entire album.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
Great topic guys!

Core- "Where the River Goes"

Purpłe- "Pretty Penny"

Tiny Music- I really don't want to cut anything from this because altering perfection creates a situation where it's no longer perfect. I guess I would say Press Play but that's like cheating so I'll go with "Art School Girl"

No. 4- "No Way Out"

Shangri La Dee Da- "Days Of The Week". Definitely should have let Sheryl Crow have it.

Stone Temple Pilots- there's quite a few to pick from here. I could cut quite a few of the songs and make this into a really good E.P.  If I can only pick one then as much as I think Huckleberry Crumble is just a horrible wannabe Aerosmith clone, as much as Hickory Dichotomy annoys the hell out of me, and as much as Deans intro lick to Cinnamon sounds so uninspired I'm going to go with "Peacoat".

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:36:14 PM by NickLorenza »

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »
Meatplow. Fine composition at the end of the day, I personally can't listen to it without feeling sick. Song makes me feel physically ill.

The rest? Core I wouldn't change anything. Tiny Music I'd get rid of adhesive and possibly the last three tracks all together. No. 4 I would probably drop MC5. SLDD, drop days of the week, wonderful, too cool queenie. Self titled, drop peacoat and bagman.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:03:06 PM by Down-Plush »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 11:56:06 PM »
Meatplow. Fine composition at the end of the day, I personally can't listen to it without feeling sick. Song makes me feel physically ill.

The rest? Core I wouldn't change anything. Tiny Music I'd get rid of adhesive and possibly the last three tracks all together. No. 4 I would probably drop MC5. SLDD, drop days of the week, wonderful, too cool queenie.

Grab the hate and drown it out...

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 12:03:20 AM »

The rest? Core I wouldn't change anything. Tiny Music I'd get rid of adhesive and possibly the last three tracks all together. No. 4 I would probably drop MC5. SLDD, drop days of the week, wonderful, too cool queenie.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
Those are fightin' words, Blue!

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »

Hey, you're free to disagree. I'm particular and I know it. Even with a band as talented as STP.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 08:00:45 PM »
Great topic guys!

Core- "Where the River Goes"

Well, there is an opinion, that production destroyed this song. Did you try MJY version? It sounds far more vividly.

Arrrrrgh, it's my favourite one!  ;D ;D 
I listen to it almost every day.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »
Core - Wet My Bed
No. 4 - MC5
SLDD - Long Way Home
S/T - Cinnamon

It doesn't.  Try again.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »
Ugh I can't do it! I can't exclude a track from Purple. It's my favorite album of all time. It's quite literally a perfect rock album imo. Sorry, I wish I could play the game, but I just can't do it on this one.

Saying you love all of them makes them all sound pretty average to you in my opinion.  Nothing on this album stands out?  Your favorite album of all time?
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 04:25:51 AM »
I'm not listing instrumentals, it's too easy to lean on that... I'll force myself to look at the rest of the tracks.

Core- Dead & Bloated (Core is a tough one... I actually like live performances of this song though...)

Purple- Army Ants, Unglued (I still listen to them, but Army Ants hasn't really come around for me...)

Tiny- Big Bang Baby

No 4- Sex & Violence (just like D&B... I like it live, but the album version is not a favorite...)

SLDD- this album is my baby, but if I have to... A song for sleeping...

S/T- Just take the damn CD out of my hands, don't need it.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »
Hmmmm.

Core: Gotta admit, I've never been a huge fan of Creep. It's ok, though.

Purple: oof. Army Ants I guess?

Tiny Music: I know this is blasphemy on here, but I'm not crazy about And So I Know.

4: MC5, maybe the worst STP song of all time

SLDD: Bi Polar Bear is trash

S/T: Definitely Cinnamon