September 28, 2024, 08:18:53 PM

Author Topic: Scott's relations with DeLeos  (Read 2582 times)

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Scott's relations with DeLeos
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
I don't know whether it was discussed or not. I thought Scott was always in better relationship with Robert than Dean, I was sure about it after Dean's words about firing Scott and all those things in Chester era. I haven't ever see that Robert said a bad word about Scott after firing.
But recently I found out that during "Core" tour there was a great tension between Scott and Robert. They didn't even speak to each other. However also I read that one time in early 2000s Dean almost fought with Scott. So in the beginning, Dean was rather friendly to Scott, even more than Robert, but only until 2000s?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:07:18 AM by Alex »

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's relations with DeLeos
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »
If anything, it always felt Dean was closer and because of that, would lash out more when Scott disappointed him.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
Well, Rob and Scott were friends earlier on. Dean entered the picture later, for whatever that's worth.

With that said, and correct me if I'm wrong, Dean had his own drug issues. I never heard that about Robert. Perhaps Dean was Scott's "buddy" in that regard, so that's where the resentment came from - as in "hey, who are you to rip me on my using when you do it too".

Again, I don't have any inside information, but that's how I've always figured it to be.

And yes, according to reports, they almost came to blows at the end of the SLDD tour in 2002.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
With that said, and correct me if I'm wrong, Dean had his own drug issues. I never heard that about Robert. Perhaps Dean was Scott's "buddy" in that regard, so that's where the resentment came from - as in "hey, who are you to rip me on my using when you do it too".

Yeah, early on Robert was the only member of the band who was sober. Here's an excerpt from an old 2001 interview about the band's collective drug habits:

"After the success of 'Purple', we were emotionally frayed. It was like living in the middle of a whirling dervish," offers Scott. "And to combat that, myself, Dean and Eric took an enormous amount of drugs and alcohol. It was only Robert who abstained, and that made him feel very isolated. Brazilian jazz music and his collection of shoes became his only friends."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:53:09 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »

And shoes don't kill you, hats off Robert

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 10:33:09 PM »
I had no idea Eric had partaken in the festivities.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 12:21:52 AM »
I know for a fact that Robert has never beaten his addiction to Brazilian jazz. He's been known to cut it with some European grade gypsy jazz but mostly sticks to the hard stuff.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 01:12:50 AM »

That's good T, you made me laugh. Thx

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »
Even Robert did a little bit of E back in the day...I have read that in some article, can't remember which one. The whole band "partied hard" on the SLDD tour according to Scott's book and then it almost came to blows between Scott and Dean, caused by built up resentment for the press conference thing after tiny music about Scott's drug problems and Dean continuing to blame every little mishap on him while hiding his own drug-problems.
half the art school girl she used to be...

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 06:22:38 AM »

You know i think as a musician you should never alter your mind before or while performing. I quit doing drugs 13 years ago and really am glad. I never did the fans wrong by showing up fucked up.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »

Yeah, early on Robert was the only member of the band who was sober. Here's an excerpt from an old 2001 interview about the band's collective drug habits:

"After the success of 'Purple', we were emotionally frayed. It was like living in the middle of a whirling dervish," offers Scott. "And to combat that, myself, Dean and Eric took an enormous amount of drugs and alcohol. It was only Robert who abstained, and that made him feel very isolated. Brazilian jazz music and his collection of shoes became his only friends."

Wow.  https://youtu.be/sfarzyaiVss?t=61 

For whatever reason that line has been tattooed on my brain for an eternity and that came flooding back to me after reading it.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »

Wow!  :o That's a huge shock for me!  ??? I always thought that the difference and the distance between Scott and rest of the band were because only he loved the drugs and was into this.
I was sure Dean, Robert and Eric avoided drugs, stood away from drugs and all this rock-n-roll lifestyle,   and didn't understand Scott. And tried to hold him...