September 20, 2024, 09:42:24 AM

Author Topic: Fresh Start & Upcoming Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Shows  (Read 3281 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Fresh Start & Upcoming Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Shows
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:57:22 PM »
Ok, so fresh start for us.... New drummer, new name, new place to look on the web to find out when and where we are playing. All good news, so I figured it deserves a clean slate, a new topic.

My STP tribute is now called Hollywood Bitch.  If you are interested, you can find us on the net here....  https://www.facebook.com/hwbchicago/

As of right now we have 4 upcoming shows before the end of the year. If you are in Chicago or happen to be visiting Chicago on these dates please feel free to join us in celebrating this band's legacy.

Friday September 9th @ Reggies Rock Club, 2105 S. State St. Chicago, IL
9pm w/Frizzle Fried (Primus Tribute).   Ticket info at www.reggieslive.com   

Saturday, October 29th @ The Mutiny, 2428 N. Western Ave. Chicago, IL. FREE HALLOWEEN TRIBUTE SHOW
10pm w/The Chris Kois 7 (as the Pixies) The Mizzerables (as Green Day performing "Dookie"), Mucus (as The Cramps)

Friday, November 18th @ Independence Tap, 3932 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL. FREE SHOW
8pm. Other acts TBA

Friday December 9th @ Livewire Lounge, 3394 N. Milwaukee Ave. Chicago, IL
9pm. Other acts TBA

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Start & Upcoming Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Shows
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:43:49 PM »
Good luck
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:01:33 AM »
Share some videos so we can hear your beautiful voice

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:18 AM »
Let me know if you ever come to Milwaukee!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »
We would probably play Milwaukee if someone had a show for us. I mean it's only a little more than an hour drive in good traffic.

Tonight was amazing guys. One of the better nights Ive had in a long time. As I find out who has videos I will make sure I get the links to them. At this point I'm just trying to come down from the rush.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:39:35 PM »
Do you guys venture out to Northwest Indiana at all? I saw a STP cover band waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when at Sopranos in Griffith. There are plenty of bars/venues out here as well. Obviously not as many as Chicago, but still a decent amount.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:09:27 PM »
You definitely have the best voice of any of the STP tribute bands I've heard (from your previous Youtube clips).  You can hit the timbre and tone of his voice in a way that is more of true fan homage to STP than to what I hear from the other tribute bands which sound like generic rock singers just singing STP songs but not attempting at emulating Scott's different vocal qualities.  They are good singers, but in the end it sounds like STP karaoke at a bar.  At least with you guys it comes across as a tribute show.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »
@loungefly611 We have never played "the region" but I'm not opposed to it at all. If a show comes up I would gladly take it.  I actually used to spend some time out in NWI. Blue Top is looking fantastic since renovation. Also, I miss Illiana Speedway because I used to go to their Crashfest twice a year.  You haven't really lived until you've witnessed a last man standing figure 8 trailer race in person.

@flyingmerpa  Thanks for the compliments.  Those old videos were done at Mutiny. To be clear, while that is my all time favorite venue to play for its raw grittiness, their P.A. pales in comparison to the place we played the other night.  At the Mutiny you can never really hear yourself singing. Their sound setup is very very basic.  It's a dive bar with a modest P.A. that's kind of slapped together. Kind of like playing at a glorified house party. Whereas at Reggie's , they are a decent sized venue that nationally tourings acts regularly play at. It's a totally different experience. There are both front and rear of house audio personnel and if you can't hear something on stage you just say something to the front of house sound guy and its addressed. The end result was that the other night was a much better sounding show than anything we've done previously. 

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »
And I've been told that at least 2 people I know very well are confirmed to have taken video clips. I will try my best to obtain those and get them posted somewhere.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 11:48:20 PM »
As promised..... I got some snippets from someone's cell phone. They mislabeled one of the song titles. I'll let you surprise yourself with the one that's labelled wrong.  Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdtTcwBihg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c7J9svWEAIo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXJO1oIy6Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CW7lLKdcmY

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 12:20:51 AM »
Excuse my language but Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!! Way to keep the spirit of Weiland/STP alive!!!

I've always loves STP's "Reggies" ;)

You got the wardrobe down too!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »
Actually I didn't even pay attention to that. I was referring to the guy mislabeling Crackerman as Sex Type Thing.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 03:49:22 AM »
Ok, got another fresh video posted of tumble in the rough. The guy who does our facebook page put it up there. 

Www.facebook.com/hwbchicago

I'm sure more pics and videos will trickle in.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 05:25:49 PM »
I replied yesterday, but somehow my post mysteriously vanished.  Anyway, congratulations man.  The band sounds really good.  I'm impressed your guitarist has even done a good job with his gear emulating Dean's tone. 

Well done, keep the vids coming.  If by chance you have a chicago show tomorrow night, let me know... I'm in town for a wedding on Fri.  :)

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
Actually I didn't even pay attention to that. I was referring to the guy mislabeling Crackerman as Sex Type Thing.

Oh, it must have been fixed when I looked because it said Sex Type Thing.