September 27, 2024, 10:32:39 PM

Author Topic: Here is how to BLOCK HR308  (Read 4835 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Here is how to BLOCK HR308
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 04:29:14 AM »
Brett, you should start to cover SG7 on your site.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 04:36:19 AM »

If Brett did that i literally would send some money, because as a musician we need support and to me i believe a man should be paid for his work. Brett you have that in writing. I appreciate all the support from ya'll. I really do. We have all the songs written for the new album, but my juices keep flowing and i can't stop writing so there you go.

Here is a little tidbit for ya'll. The backups are Marq Torien from The Bulletboys on Wine Fun, he came into Bruce's studio after i ran i to him in Studio City, Ca. He got all of his ideas from Ted Templeman who did all the Van Halen production. Marq really loves STP, he even went as far as to say they were an i spiration for his album Elefante.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 04:38:34 AM »

Listen to Marq on " Rolliver"from their new album and you can here what i am saying. It has that grungy alt feel.

https://youtu.be/KYxm_UljXCU

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 04:44:42 AM »

Just wanted to share this for people here that think i am a hack:

http://rockmusicstar.com/staceyblades/2013/3/28/stacey-blades.html

Read carefully

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 11:03:49 AM »
love the sound of crickets, quality over quantity. :)
half the art school girl she used to be...

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Thank you Jessie.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »
I think it's time to concede that there is nothing that will divert Paul.  He saw polls showing him at only 10% favorability.  He has been told to please stop name dropping and 'bragging', but continues to do so.  All in all, is Paul a narcissist?  Likely so.  Does he want to be loved and accepted?  Apparently so.  Is this behavior a symptom of making up for something in his past?  Probably.   Is Paul harmless?  Yes.  I think many of us here don't have a problem with Paul rocking out, showing love for STP and music.   It's not so much the content, but Paul's delivery and angle that is upsetting so many users here.

Paul is probably a swell guy to hang out with down in the Louisiana swamps, and I think hes probably a generous person.   I think we are being too judgmental on him as a human based on his odd behavior on this forum, even though it would be appreciated to just take it down a notch.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »

If Brett did that i literally would send some money, because as a musician we need support and to me i believe a man should be paid for his work. Brett you have that in writing. I appreciate all the support from ya'll. I really do. We have all the songs written for the new album, but my juices keep flowing and i can't stop writing so there you go.

Here is a little tidbit for ya'll. The backups are Marq Torien from The Bulletboys on Wine Fun, he came into Bruce's studio after i ran i to him in Studio City, Ca. He got all of his ideas from Ted Templeman who did all the Van Halen production. Marq really loves STP, he even went as far as to say they were an i spiration for his album Elefante.

Paul, contact me if you'd like a sponsored article about Sun God Seven and your dream to front STP and I'll let you know the price.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
Just wanted to share this for people here that think i am a hack:

http://rockmusicstar.com/staceyblades/2013/3/28/stacey-blades.html

Read carefully

I was trying to make peace and be nice to you, but here you go again.

Nobody is going to care about the musicians you've worked with if you have to keep reminding us of it.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

Brett, please email me at sungod7band@yahoo.com

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »
I think it's time to concede that there is nothing that will divert Paul.  He saw polls showing him at only 10% favorability.  He has been told to please stop name dropping and 'bragging', but continues to do so.  All in all, is Paul a narcissist?  Likely so.  Does he want to be loved and accepted?  Apparently so.  Is this behavior a symptom of making up for something in his past?  Probably.   Is Paul harmless?  Yes.  I think many of us here don't have a problem with Paul rocking out, showing love for STP and music.   It's not so much the content, but Paul's delivery and angle that is upsetting so many users here.

Paul is probably a swell guy to hang out with down in the Louisiana swamps, and I think hes probably a generous person.   I think we are being too judgmental on him as a human based on his odd behavior on this forum, even though it would be appreciated to just take it down a notch.

Y'all are just a bunch of haters. I've never seen Paul name call anyone, but I've seen tons of people throw vitriol in his direction. He takes the high road like a professional. So what if he posts links to articles about his music collaborations. Why not just ignore/block him and just leave it at that, creating this post is beyond pathetic. 

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »

Thx STP4, i really should just be friends and cohorts with you and Battista and Andrew and the others on here that are cool to me and direct more towards ya'll because ya'll are more open. I just love the music community and really do like sharing stories with ya'll and hearing your stories and experiences too. It will all pan out, like you said if it's that bad then they should leave. At least something about music in general can be shared and discussed here. Thx once again.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »

My apology, you didn't say leave, you said leave it at that. Sorry

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »
if it's that bad then they should leave.

In the enduring words of Michael Bolton, "Why should I change? He's the one who sucks."

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 01:52:15 AM »

Y'all are just a bunch of haters. I've never seen Paul name call anyone, but I've seen tons of people throw vitriol in his direction. He takes the high road like a professional. So what if he posts links to articles about his music collaborations. Why not just ignore/block him and just leave it at that, creating this post is beyond pathetic.

I think you missed the point of my post.   Yes, I am pointing out the controversial things about Paul, speaking on behalf of the people who dislike him and 'why' they dislike him.  Don't confuse that with me throwing vitriol in his direction.  Ultimately I am defending Paul, because regardless of the annoying things he does on this board (apparently, that is subjective), he's a fan like the rest of us and I think if we got to know him outside this internet bulletin board, we would probably like him, even if its in small doses for some folks.  I say let Paul be Paul, because I'd bet deep down many of us are more tired of this 'clique' middle school behavior between the fans,  than we are of Paul's antics.  I'm trying to summarize what has been happening as a whole on this board to show you how silly it all is.  There are times when Paul posts stuff where he does need to be put in check, and there are times when he's putting forth a good effort and people get on his case because of earlier infractions, which isn't fair to him.  If Paul gets under one's skin so easily that they fume and their blood boils at the mentions of him, then the problem isn't with him, it's probably with them.