September 22, 2024, 11:29:05 PM

Author Topic: Scott...Then n Now  (Read 2169 times)

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott...Then n Now
« on: July 28, 2016, 08:55:47 AM »
I was actually listening to other stuff and ran into this a guy put the Letterman "Vasoline" against the Evil "Vasoline"      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBR8EnlKJw

It was evident the man needed help after Jeremy's death, but I don't want to get into it; the reason I'm posting this is cuz of a comment this girl made and she speaks a lot of truth:

Jasmine D7 months ago
Sad fact is that he was living in such DEEP denial...... As were his enablers. His manager, wife, bandmates must have all seen this coming and yet his wife is still making statements like "he was clean 13 yrs" and " the band made a sobriety pact" Give me a break.... There other guitarist died from an OD in March! Even Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming FFS. I realize you cannot force an addict into treatment, but you CAN stop enabling them...

I will tell you, I almost had him but Jeremy died and he shut me out like everyone else who wanted to help him & by the time he came around was...there are many levels to this is what I'm sayin' ...I guess that is what upsets me the most is that it could have been prevented if people around him weren't so self-absorbed. It was so painfully obvious & what I can't get out of my mind was when his kid wanted his father's guitar & they made a big deal out of it...the boy lost his father, give him his guitar & I don't want to hear the legality of it, he's a child who lost his father give him what he wants & I hope they did that day...What has happened to society and human decency? 

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott...Then n Now
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
I saw this video before he died, and I think I rewatched it, so I remember the "Stevie Wonder" comment.

Yeah, it's just so sad everything happened the way it did. They truly hurt the goose that laid the golden egg, as cliche as that sounds, maybe.

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
there were a lot of enablers, many who commented on this site. the people who said "I saw Scooter last night and he was awesome" or, "Scottie and the boys were great last night". As a long time STP fan who first saw them at MSG in 1996, it was pretty clear that his shows were pretty much unwatchable.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:19 PM »
there were a lot of enablers, many who commented on this site. the people who said "I saw Scooter last night and he was awesome" or, "Scottie and the boys were great last night". As a long time STP fan who first saw them at MSG in 1996, it was pretty clear that his shows were pretty much unwatchable.

Yes, but there were also comments about Scott not sounding great so it becomes a moot point.  Social media has its place where ppl comment on things & half don't even know how to judge music.  In music, it's a generation of American Idol; the downfall of music. 

This is how social media can be, for example, I can construe your comment as accepting the side of the very enablers that did Scott in.  So, you can't really put the fans in w/ the enablers cuz now we have to go into the whole stigma of sex, drugs and rock n roll.  In a degree, fans expect that. 

An enabler are those closest to the addict where the enabler thinks they are helping them but the truth is they are contributing to an addicts destruction.  What I mean by that is, fans wouldn't be commenting on how the show was if the wife, manager, bandmates pulled the plug when Jeremy died.  I think the fans would have understood.  The death of Jeremy was a hard hit cuz it brought back the death of his brother.  He took the blame for his death.  If his wife loved him she would have pulled the plug.  If his manager and bandmates cared enough about his welfare, they would have pulled the plug.  Instead, they 'turned their backs' and allowed him to continue in his depressive state of mind.  That's the reality.  It's hard to stomach.  It sounds like to me, she's playing the Love card.  When Cobain died she was sayin' "oh we had a suicide pact"  WTF?! are you kidding me.  What kind of sobriety pact is that where band members are dying of drugs?  It's easy to tell stories when Scott isn't here to tell his side of things.  It's easy for ppl to believe when he was in fact a drug addict. No one would question it cuz that's how the media portrayed him so for those who heard his name in the news that's what the media talked about, so yea, it would be construed as fans enabling Scott if that's how the media cards are handed out; sex, drugs, rock n roll, right?   The Glamorization of Rock

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
People talking here makes fuck all difference. Scott wasn't reading the comments here, he could barely operate a computer. So there was no enabling going on, since that involves, you know, enabling.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »

I seen three shows in the Scott Weiland and Wildabouts.  Only one Scott was so messsed up that he could not sing songs correctly.  The other two shows were amazing.  So I just think it depended on the night and how messed up Scott got.  The one I saw where he was really messed up was the show at the Machine Shop in Flint Michigan and that was right after he was kicked out of STP again.  I seen scott with STP and VR and all those shows were good.