September 28, 2024, 04:31:39 PM

Author Topic: Scott's best  (Read 5944 times)

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's best
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
That's so weird, I'm doing a song with Robert on the same day... same time.  Everyone is welcome to that too.  It will be in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-N-Out Burger...  Those are good burgers.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 04:47:25 PM »

Awesome

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 06:04:02 PM »
That's so weird, I'm doing a song with Robert on the same day... same time.  Everyone is welcome to that too.  It will be in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-N-Out Burger...  Those are good burgers.

I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul.  Mark it zero. 

As an aside, I was playing a board game with some buddies last year and at one point during the game, I said "mark it 8 dude".  One guy at the table excitedly says, "dude, you've seen The Big Lebowski?"  I told him, of course, and I kid you not, he tells me that Jimmie Gilmore (Smokey) is his grandfather.  It's cool to have just two degrees of separation from the great Smokey haha
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »

I'll be there, I wish to offer you my legal services.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:42:43 PM by Pingfah »

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 03:01:15 AM »

And STP4 you made my whole day, evening and probably morning. Oh by the way, the song i will be doing w Robert is an original and " Been Down So Long" by The Doors.

Looking forward to hearing your project with Rob. I like your Morrison type vocals, should work great with a top 10 songwriter on this generation.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 03:06:50 AM »

Yeah, i gave Bruce the dates and he said Robert shouldn't have a problem unless it conflicts with their schedule. I would love to go on tour with HV or STP. My buddy Dan went to practice with HV and said Robert was a very modest, awesome soul. You know I love his writing and playing. I hope Robert is free for that time.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 04:50:29 AM »
Hope you can work with Robert, he needs to spread his wings and record bass with as many people as possible.

Keep us updated.
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 07:00:50 AM »
No. That's bullshit.

Rob Deleo is one of the most talented song writers in the business, he does not need to record crap with every hack with studio time. He needs to form a solid project with some equally talented people and get the fuck on with his career.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »

Ping, are you fucking kidding me. You are going to call me a hack. Look i highly respect that this is a Stone Temple Pilots forum, i know in the beginning i moderately polluted it with rantings, but i have played with massive talent and shared the stage with ungodly talent. I am not a garage band singer brother. I am someone who has written music from the outstart. My life has been filled with massive talent that even Robert would agree is nothing short of legendary, and Andy Johns himself if he were alive would tell you that. Watch the Sun God Seven Andy Johns video, you will see that Bruce and I have already worked together and that it must be some kind of Destiny for me to meet Robert and work together. I am sorry for Scott's passing and no one will ever take his shoes. Like they said that was never to be the intention.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »

Hey FluffnStuff, maybe we should go bowling later at:

Hollywood Star Lanes
5227 Santa Monica Boulevard
Hollywood, Los Angeles
California, US

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:40 AM »
OK Paul, I apologise. It was an uncalled for comment, and if you are really going to lay down a track with Robert, than you have much respect from me, and good luck with it. I would be excited as fuck.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
OK Paul, I apologise. It was an uncalled for comment, and if you are really going to lay down a track with Robert, than you have much respect from me, and good luck with it. I would be excited as fuck.

Ping, i accept the apology, but also understand this is a band you highly love. I hope that Robert gets to come in, for Christ sake Bruce can play every instrument very well, but i just want to do this with Robert because I have loved and respected his playing and writing forever. The one thing i will say is if it does happen we can all give it a listen and enjoy. I do love The Doors and that is why i am picking " Been Down So Long".

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »

Ping, are you fucking kidding me. You are going to call me a hack. Look i highly respect that this is a Stone Temple Pilots forum, i know in the beginning i moderately polluted it with rantings, but i have played with massive talent and shared the stage with ungodly talent. I am not a garage band singer brother. I am someone who has written music from the outstart. My life has been filled with massive talent that even Robert would agree is nothing short of legendary, and Andy Johns himself if he were alive would tell you that. Watch the Sun God Seven Andy Johns video, you will see that Bruce and I have already worked together and that it must be some kind of Destiny for me to meet Robert and work together. I am sorry for Scott's passing and no one will ever take his shoes. Like they said that was never to be the intention.

When did Donald Trump join the forum... I'm the best. I'm legendary...believe me

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 09:10:22 PM »

When did Donald Trump join the forum... I'm the best. I'm legendary...believe me

Sound like he's mostly talking about the people he's been associated with, not directly referring to himself.

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »
he makes every topic about him, not scott, and loves to name-drop. Quite annoying.
half the art school girl she used to be...