September 20, 2024, 06:43:53 AM

Author Topic: My name is Paul Christiana  (Read 3326 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
My name is Paul Christiana
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:08:04 PM »

You know i never really did this right so here it goes:

I grew up in Metairie, Louisiana which is a suburb of New Orleans. At the age of 10 i went to a Mardi Gras Parade and heard a band playing the Doobies " China Grove", that hooked me immediately to start playing guitar. My old man dug out a formica top Danelectro and a Gibson 50's tweed amp( tube baby). I kept learning and at the time I was a huge Led Zeppelin and ELO fan. My dad bought me a real deal Gibson Les Paul Black Artist that i paired up with a Sunn Beta Lead amp. I never liked  covers so i would just jam around town with everyone and finally gave in to the only cover band I ever played in Calamity Jane. We played Ratt, Poison, GNR, LA Guns, AC/DC , The Ramones stuff like that remember this is 1987 we are talking about Appetite had just come out. Well they kicked me out the band because i bitched about playing covers and said fuck this shit, our drummer was Craig Nunenmacher who later went on to play with Black Label Society for about 10 years. I then met a stripper named Lucky and moved to Houston, Tx that's where shit got real fun and i joined a band called Downtown Bruno. They were underdogs in the scene until I joined because their writing wasn't strong. Once i joined Bruno we were picked up by Pace Concerts, who now is basically Live Nation. We opened for a ton of killer bands. We played with Cinderella, Kiss, Pantera, Black Crowes, Circus of Power, TSOL, High Voltage ( Frank Hannon from Tesla's old band,) Tripping Daisy, Rick Derringer and others i was too fucked up to remember. Well always after the show. I started a band called Big Texas Radio and we played some killer shows kind of sounded like The Doors meets Velvet Underground. Well that fell apart and my buddy Benji Gordon encouraged me to keep it going, so i put together a band with 2 members from Big Texas and a guy named Mark Fane. That never really took off because they wanted to hit the road immediately and i thought we should stay put and record. Benji was an A&R rep w Columbia at the time when Nick Terzo , Randy Jackson and Ron Oberman were there. Well needless to say i took off 5 years from music and moved to Denver, Co and then to Mpls, Mn and in 1999 I formed a band cAlled Red Room , this band was really cool and I actually played guitar and sang. We were all original and played at The Fine Line, Urban Wildlife and First Ave regularly. We worked with Bobby Z the original drummer fronm Prince in the studio and Michael Bland from Prince. We never really got far except the fact that one of our very wealthy friends spent 250,000 dollars plus and paid for 2 albums of recording which most bands never get that chance. Well in 2004 INXS was looking for a singer and I was pushed along by Bobby Z to attend tryouts. I did and made it in the top 50 along with my Mpls connects, Jordis Unga and Dahniel Knight( who you will hear more about in the future). Well i didn' t make the top 15 but got to work alongside Dave Navarro, INXS and Brooke Burke for a few days at the Doubletree in Santa Monica. Later in 2005 Hurrican Katrina hit New Orleans, my gitlrlfriend and I moved back home and have a very succesful company called All Dry Water Damage Experts, from that point on I hooked up with an old friend in 2012 Glenn Farley and we started Sun God Seven as you know today. In October I hope to work with Robert Deleo on our newest album and maybe talk about a few other ideas.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: My name is Paul Christiana
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:10:46 PM »

That is the very short version, over the years i will add the stories and debauchery too.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
Hi Paul, are you new to the board?

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »

Yes, Mr Foou.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:48:17 PM »

In a new form, my transparent ways are being absolutely transparent , transparently

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:21:42 AM »
Can you spell narsississsist?

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 12:35:38 AM »

No you little turtlenut, i love ya, but i can spell " Arsonist" as I have set these sweet boards on fire. Look I have been transparent like scotch tape and we have had some good times together. Ping just keep that smile, hold that laugh, throw it up hi , give me five , bring it down low. C'Mon Man I am here to stay, I have a shit load of reporting to do in the next few months. I am having a blast and so should you. WINE FUN BABY, ALL NIGHT LONG.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 12:38:21 AM »

Nicknames you could be called

Piranha Breath
Turtlenut
Fuckleberry Hen
Mustard Nuts
Shits Meow
Fluff the Magic Dragon

If I ever call any of you that, love ya don't take offense just throw it back but make it original Jellyfish balls

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »

Andrew I have one for ya , you little " Ass Muffler". You see it is that easy to just fucking throw a name out and have fun. Ya'll have kicked my balls around the schoolyard so I am pokin a little bit.

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:56 AM »
can I have shits meow? I love kitties...
Wish I was the admin here though...
half the art school girl she used to be...

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 01:59:39 AM »

TJ " Shits Meow" all the way

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 02:52:38 AM »
@Time Machine, cats fuckin rock, specifically orange tabbies.

Rocklives

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 03:02:02 AM »
Paul how the fuck are you still posting? I'm 99% sure they arrested you in Kentucky outside of a Chris Cornell show like a week ago. I'm not trying to be a dick, but this isn't your fucking Facebook page. I understand everybody needs social interaction and what not, but this is not the place for you to post every detail of your life and comment on everything. Setting this place on fire? That's a joke you have almost completely ruined this place and post almost no relevant content whatsoever. You seriously need to see a psychiatrist or some shit. Please get help. And quit acting like we care because we don't.

You have scared off most of the original people here and I'm pretty sure most people would still like to be nostalgic and remember the good days. Notice how you're the only one posting stuff about yourself? Everybody else just keeps it to posting on relevant topics if they have something to chime in.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »
This is a good thread.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 03:08:07 AM »
He posted it in the correct subforum, so I don't see what the issue is.

I for one would like to hear all of the Paul Christiana stories.
Bleeda blooda