September 28, 2024, 10:29:52 PM

Author Topic: No more Weiland Facebook  (Read 6977 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: No more Weiland Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 12:21:39 AM »
Whatever is going behind the scenes shouldnt really matter when it comes to simply honor his legacy through social media. Hope whatever is going on gets sorted; I really enjoyed my dose of Weiland "news" on my feed all this time...

Thanks for the effort Brett.

I think it may come down to is the notion of an official Scott Weiland Facebook that looks like his personal account still being active. It may be kind of hard for the family to see "Scott Weiland" still posting on Facebook.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 12:58:58 AM »
Exactly that I would have thought.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 01:37:27 AM »
Whatever is going behind the scenes shouldnt really matter when it comes to simply honor his legacy through social media. Hope whatever is going on gets sorted; I really enjoyed my dose of Weiland "news" on my feed all this time...

Thanks for the effort Brett.

I think it may come down to is the notion of an official Scott Weiland Facebook that looks like his personal account still being active. It may be kind of hard for the family to see "Scott Weiland" still posting on Facebook.

Yeah I can get that.  I saw it more like the official social media accounts for Jimi Hendrix and more recently David Bowie, which are still regularly active reminding people of their musical legacies.  That's why after his death, 99% of the photos/posts had to do exclusively with his music.

https://twitter.com/DavidBowieReal

https://twitter.com/JimiHendrix
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:43:26 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 02:42:34 AM »
I hope Mary at least has some decent "legacy continuing" projects in the pipeline.... Otherwise, it's just taking money out of Lucy and Noah's pockets by letting him fade into obscurity.... There won't be any more people seeing a recently shared video or picture and deciding to search out more of his work....

I doubt that most of Scott's family "likes" him on Facebook so rather than it be because of those near and dear to him being affected by Brett's posts, it's likely some "legacy manager" or type thing who in the future will post about reissue and remaster updates....

As long as nobody but Scott's wife, children and parents are the ones that benefit from such a thing, I'm all for it.

Kind of a shame you won't post more, because I bought a copy of this magazine on eBay that Tyrant showed me, and I'm pretty sure it's the first time Scott was ever on a magazine cover.... It's been quite a while but I hope to share it here soon. I just live a few states away now, and last time I was visiting there the scanner wasn't working.....

Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 02:48:30 AM »
that is fucked up...don't think Mary is the right person for that.

Think she is.

Why?

As the mother of his children, yes, but as the ex-wife who has done nothing since he died but talk negatively about the man, I'm pretty torn.

A good chance this lull in STP searching for a new singer news coincides with some sort of "new" release is pretty high, I'm willing to bet.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 05:12:25 AM »
I hope Mary at least has some decent "legacy continuing" projects in the pipeline.... Otherwise, it's just taking money out of Lucy and Noah's pockets by letting him fade into obscurity.... There won't be any more people seeing a recently shared video or picture and deciding to search out more of his work....

I doubt that most of Scott's family "likes" him on Facebook so rather than it be because of those near and dear to him being affected by Brett's posts, it's likely some "legacy manager" or type thing who in the future will post about reissue and remaster updates....

As long as nobody but Scott's wife, children and parents are the ones that benefit from such a thing, I'm all for it.

Kind of a shame you won't post more, because I bought a copy of this magazine on eBay that Tyrant showed me, and I'm pretty sure it's the first time Scott was ever on a magazine cover.... It's been quite a while but I hope to share it here soon. I just live a few states away now, and last time I was visiting there the scanner wasn't working.....

Hopefully they do some stuff in the future like reissues that keep his legacy alive.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 02:58:02 PM »
I actually kind of agree with Andrew, and feel he touched on a rather interesting point. If they don't have a singer by the 1 year anniversary of his passing then I bet we get some type of release in order to keep the band from just fading away out of people's minds. The longer this singer search takes, the greater the chances are that we will see some sort of release of past material with Scott on it.  From a business perspective they have to keep their "brand" alive, and without a singer to record new material that is the only way to do it. 

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »
that is fucked up...don't think Mary is the right person for that.

Think she is.
That whack job? I'll pass.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »

Hopefully they do some stuff in the future like reissues that keep his legacy alive.

I think as long as she can see any sort of dollar signs she will "keep the legacy alive"

I just hope she doesn't squash all over everything with her Jimmy Choos

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 12:05:45 AM »
Well Brett thanks once again for all your efforts honouring Scott over the last months , it was really appreciated as it seemed you were about the only one who was ! Look forward to seeing more of Jaimie's photography of their time together , not sure I'm too excited to see what , if anything , Mary has to offer .

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 04:12:58 AM »
Thanks Brett, seeing the different pictures of Scott was one of the highlights of facebook for me lately... but I can only begin to imagine how much could be going on behind the scenes, and there's a lot of peoples input that goes into something with Scott's name. I just hope the best for his kids, and family... that's most important.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 04:45:05 AM »
Thanks Brett, seeing the different pictures of Scott was one of the highlights of facebook for me lately... but I can only begin to imagine how much could be going on behind the scenes, and there's a lot of peoples input that goes into something with Scott's name. I just hope the best for his kids, and family... that's most important.

As a fan, I just want everyone left behind to be happy.

MajesticalWeiland

• Arrival
  • Psalm 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »
I think it's great Mary has control of Scott's FB.  It would be good for the kids cuz it's kinda the only thing left that keeps Scott 'Alive'.  Besides who knows Scott more, Mary or Jamie?  I think if the kids control the FB it will help them heal."

If they like seeing all the hate and abuse from so called fans. What I do not get is how Mary wants to take over after she was not allowing his kids to even see him? And now she wants to jump in and take over. I know its not my place to say, but as the fans have loved him and obviously we are still hurting.. She not only took his kids, wrote a hate letter.. Now she's taking him away of what remains from the fans. I just don't understand and it hurts. I'm hurt that she hurt him at the bitter end when he needed her support. I'm surprised I'm not blocked yet.. That'll be next.

8) :-*

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »
I think it's great Mary has control of Scott's FB.  It would be good for the kids cuz it's kinda the only thing left that keeps Scott 'Alive'.  Besides who knows Scott more, Mary or Jamie?  I think if the kids control the FB it will help them heal."

If they like seeing all the hate and abuse from so called fans. What I do not get is how Mary wants to take over after she was not allowing his kids to even see him? And now she wants to jump in and take over. I know its not my place to say, but as the fans have loved him and obviously we are still hurting.. She not only took his kids, wrote a hate letter.. Now she's taking him away of what remains from the fans. I just don't understand and it hurts. I'm hurt that she hurt him at the bitter end when he needed her support. I'm surprised I'm not blocked yet.. That'll be next.

What you are talking about is personal matters between a divorced couple.  Don't think that Facebook is the only place where hate is spread about Scott.  Look at this board and even Alt Nation have taken stabs at Scott. Interviewers have taken stabs at Scott.  His kids grew up in a social media world so don't be naive in thinking that they haven't seen it on the internet and if not in their own personal world.  Besides, if Mary is Executor of Scott's Estate, it stands to reason why she would take over his Social Media Sites.

Furthermore, Scott has stated that Jamie couldn't handle anything that had to do w/ Mary including refusing to read his book.  So because of that, she made him regret writing it.  You can now imply she most likely had a problem w/ him seeing his kids & probably why he stopped paying alimony.  That's what happens in divorce and couple's remarry.  I've seen it happen in my own world.  It's life which is why Scott's death is so tragic.  Jealousy destroys everything it touches. 

If you look at the timeline, he changed drastically when he met Jamie and not in a good way.  Go back and look at his timeline from Mary's divorce to his death.  It's all there.  Jealousy damages friendships and family.  What happened when they met.  STP fires and sues him, he drops Doug after having what 15 years or more of business relations and friendship.  No one wants to work w/ him.  He started being mean to longtime fans.  He changed for the worst.  I couldn't even hang w/ him cuz it would be a problem.  He couldn't even say that I was the Muse to the album 'Blaster'.  It goes on and on.  Don't be so naive and blind-sided by one person's story who knew him the least amount of time.  Read between the lines, you know?  Peace n Love  Scott's music should be talked about not this garbage.

And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »

What you are talking about is personal matters between a divorced couple.  Don't think that Facebook is the only place where hate is spread about Scott.  Look at this board and even Alt Nation have taken stabs at Scott. Interviewers have taken stabs at Scott.  His kids grew up in a social media world so don't be naive in thinking that they haven't seen it on the internet and if not in their own personal world.  Besides, if Mary is Executor of Scott's Estate, it stands to reason why she would take over his Social Media Sites.

Furthermore, Scott has stated that Jamie couldn't handle anything that had to do w/ Mary including refusing to read his book.  So because of that, she made him regret writing it.  You can now imply she most likely had a problem w/ him seeing his kids & probably why he stopped paying alimony.  That's what happens in divorce and couple's remarry.  I've seen it happen in my own world.  It's life which is why Scott's death is so tragic.  Jealousy destroys everything it touches. 

If you look at the timeline, he changed drastically when he met Jamie and not in a good way.  Go back and look at his timeline from Mary's divorce to his death.  It's all there.  Jealousy damages friendships and family.  What happened when they met.  STP fires and sues him, he drops Doug after having what 15 years or more of business relations and friendship.  No one wants to work w/ him.  He started being mean to longtime fans.  He changed for the worst.  I couldn't even hang w/ him cuz it would be a problem.  He couldn't even say that I was the Muse to the album 'Blaster'.  It goes on and on.  Don't be so naive and blind-sided by one person's story who knew him the least amount of time.  Read between the lines, you know?  Peace n Love  Scott's music should be talked about not this garbage.

Same here.  He was also unable to say I was the main reason he got into music.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."