September 20, 2024, 06:52:24 AM

Author Topic: Lady Picture Hole: an STP tribute needs a new drummer  (Read 2419 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Lady Picture Hole: an STP tribute needs a new drummer
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
So here's the deal....

It's time to fire up our STP tribute band and make a solid run at it. This really all started as a fun gag for Halloween one year until we realized that more people came out and got excited about us doing this than when we played our own songs. In the past we have had offers for a bunch of really good shows only to have to turn them down. We want to start being able to accept these offers and perform fairly regularly.

We are located in Chicago, IL where we have a practice room, all early 30's. We are modeled after the 1999-2002 years in all aspects including look and the way we perform the songs live. (IE: semi-abbreviated Piece Of Pie just like HOB L.A. 2000) We have a guitar player who plays Dean note for note. No flubs, no filling in for things he can't do. Note for fucking note.  Bass player is also super solid.

We are looking for a new drummer. Someone who has their own gear, own transportation,  no hard drug addictions please, and most importantly passion for STP and knowledge of the songs.  I can't tell you how many people we've tried out locally as of late who say they "know the songs" but when they show up actually have no clue.

We play a great majority of the songs the Deleos would play live with a few others thrown in (ie: Ride The Cliche)
There are a few short clips if you search on facebook for Lady Picture Hole. They will give you somewhat of an idea of what we do.

Please reach out to me on here if you'd like to come try out. We would love to meet you.

Cheers!

-Nick

And just to get this out of the way, yes, this audition is even open to you Sun God.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:49:38 PM by NickLorenza »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Lady Picture Hole: an STP tribute needs a new drummer
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:20:54 PM »
Sounds pretty awesome.

You guys should come to Detroit when you get the band going again.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:14:59 PM »
Still wish I could come play with you guys and be your Eric.  I'm in the Indy area now, but that is still a bit too far to be driving up all the time for practice/gigs.  Good luck with your search guys!

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 03:29:23 PM »

Nick, i am in Chicago brother. Went to Andy's Jazz club last night and ate at Volare. Hit my email at sungod7band@yahoo.com. Glad to here ya'll are kicking down some STP

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:34:24 PM »

I leave today, stayed at The Gwen on Rush. Fuckin love your city

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »
Still wish I could come play with you guys and be your Eric.  I'm in the Indy area now, but that is still a bit too far to be driving up all the time for practice/gigs.  Good luck with your search guys!

You're slowly working your way up here my friend.  Dead Kennedys were hanging out at Mutiny Last night, although is it REALLY Dead Kennedys without Jello???

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »

Biafra killed it in the day, love the old school punk days especially with Henry Rollins

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »

Nick, i am in Chicago brother. Went to Andy's Jazz club last night and ate at Volare.

I've never been to either. I think I know where Volare is though. We natives tend to not hang around those areas. You'll find us in our neighborhoods where shit costs less, there's a lot less hassle, and ample parking. For Italian that's fancy but in a regular neighborhood and not around the hoopla I recommend Sabatino's.

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 11:39:23 PM »

"You're slowly working your way up here my friend.  Dead Kennedys were hanging out at Mutiny Last night, although is it REALLY Dead Kennedys without Jello???"

No! Another example of an irreplacable frontman.
half the art school girl she used to be...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »

I leave today, stayed at The Gwen on Rush. Fuckin love your city

He only said this to let you know he stayed at a $399 minimum a night hotel.  High city roller Henri!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
You're slowly working your way up here my friend.  Dead Kennedys were hanging out at Mutiny Last night, although is it REALLY Dead Kennedys without Jello???

Slow but steady wins the race, right?  :)

Glad you guys are staying together.  I hope you're able to find a drummer quickly, wish I could be that guy.  Maybe someday.  If you guys ever need an opener, let me know.  I can get my old band together for a one-off (they are all still in Chicago). We still jam from time to time, so it would be just like riding a bike.  Plus, we do a mean Sucker Train Blues you can guest on :) 

Thanks for the Mutiny story, thats crazy.  Man I miss that place. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:36:16 PM by Aaron »

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »
After trying about 5 guys we played with a guy we really liked the other night. He fit very well, knew the material, and actually looks a lot like Eric. Keeping my fingers crossed because this could be a win.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 12:20:43 AM »
I've taken a few weeks away from the board to deal with some personal shit and reflect on things. So for my first post back I want to bring good news.

This all just popped up in the last few days. My STP tribute will be playing 4 shows before year's end. All shows are in Chicago, IL; so if anyone happens to be from or passing through the area and wants to join us in celebrating this band's legacy, feel free.

Saturday 8/20 @ Debonair (we play at 9:30, I think this place has a cover to get in)

Saturday 10/29 @ Mutiny (this is going to be a great free show at Chicago's greatest punk dive bar, and it's their annual Halloween show! I know another band plays as The Pixies)   

Friday 11/18 @ Independence Tap (another free show)

Friday 12/9 @ Livewire.  (I think this place charges at the door, but it's a really cool rock bar)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »

Awesome Nick, hopefully i can make one of them. If not great job on getting the folks together and keeping their music alive.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
I've taken a few weeks away from the board to deal with some personal shit and reflect on things. So for my first post back I want to bring good news.

This all just popped up in the last few days. My STP tribute will be playing 4 shows before year's end. All shows are in Chicago, IL; so if anyone happens to be from or passing through the area and wants to join us in celebrating this band's legacy, feel free.

Saturday 8/20 @ Debonair (we play at 9:30, I think this place has a cover to get in)

Saturday 10/29 @ Mutiny (this is going to be a great free show at Chicago's greatest punk dive bar, and it's their annual Halloween show! I know another band plays as The Pixies)   

Friday 11/18 @ Independence Tap (another free show)

Friday 12/9 @ Livewire.  (I think this place charges at the door, but it's a really cool rock bar)

That is great news.  I will do my best to make one of these shows.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.