September 27, 2024, 07:15:16 PM

Author Topic: Kimbo Slice dead  (Read 2595 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Kimbo Slice dead
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »

Kimbo Slice has been confirmed dead. I don't have much on this yet, but will update. He was a street fighting legend who later turned to MMA with mixed results.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Kimbo Slice dead
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:23:28 AM »
This is becoming desperate, man.

While I'm sure this is sad news for people in the MMA community, this is not an MMA message board. This is a Stone Temple Pilots message board. Just because it's part of your interests doesn't make it appropriate to post here. Muhammad Ali, fine. Everyone in the world knows who Muhammad Ali is. Personally, I'd never heard of Kimbo Slice until just now.

This is not your own personal message board. Perhaps you should make one, then you could post whatever you want anytime.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

Cool, then they shouldn't have a topic line that says " Out of the Chains that bind you". It says discuss anything that comes to mind. Point taken.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 01:38:44 PM »
Since you joined this board, 11 of the 21 posts in "Out of the Chains" are from you. One other person posted twice during that time period. You posted 11 times. More than half of the posts are coming from you. You're not getting the point. The point is: you're an attention whore. You're abusing this board for your own personal gratification. Most of us are sick of you and wish you'd stop posting. That's the point.

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »
Okay his self promotional posts are somewhat ridiculous (yet to be fair that's the kind of shit you have to do nowadays) but literally bashing everything he posts is also ridiculous
Most posts coming from him means he's been posting on a dead board that has no activity
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:01:14 PM by DrLymphNode »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
Will Paul Christiana and Sun God Seven be writing a tribute song for Kimbo?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 10:16:11 PM »
Will Paul Christiana and Sun God Seven be writing a tribute song for Kimbo?

When will alternativenation start to cover SG7?

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
Okay his self promotional posts are somewhat ridiculous (yet to be fair that's the kind of shit you have to do nowadays) but literally bashing everything he posts is also ridiculous
Most posts coming from him means he's been posting on a dead board that has no activity

This is already a low-activity board. We see flurries of activity when certain events happen (like the singer search). Speaking for myself, I'm okay with low-activity. I'm not okay with this guy's constant shitposting and attention whoring. Judging by the poll results in the other thread, it seems I'm not alone.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
This place is usually a ghostown, I'm okay with what he's posting because it's usually interesting enough to read. As long as he's not spamming I don't see the issue--just because it's not your favorite site, band, food, political figure or color doesn't mean you constantly have to ride on this guys's ass....lighten up

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 12:01:29 AM »
This place is usually a ghostown, I'm okay with what he's posting because it's usually interesting enough to read. As long as he's not spamming I don't see the issue--just because it's not your favorite site, band, food, political figure or color doesn't mean you constantly have to ride on this guys's ass....lighten up

I've been riding his ass for about a day now.

He's been shitposting and generally acting like an attention-seeking jackass for months, since he first showed up here spamming about himself when the singer search was announced.

Maybe you don't mind him, but you're in the minority. Most of us are actually tired of his shit, and there's a poll proving it. Gradually, we've all tried to deliver this message subtlety, but he's failed to accept it time and again. So now it's come to this.

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 03:55:53 AM »
I do think the community here should lighten up a bit. I think 24 years of drama and bad blood have sort of bled into the hardcore fanbase. If the fans actually HAD stuff to talk about, all of his threads would just be a speck on the site. But hey, he's keeping the site flowing with conversation *outside* of the ghost town of STP news, and is probably the only one to do so, and he gets shit for it.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 08:25:42 AM »
Two different things are happening from what I've seen the last several days...

I get the argument members have towards the "self promotion" aspect Paul has done in many posts... (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing at this moment here...)

Then there is Paul getting stomped on for any and every post he makes, thats not cool... just give him a chance after everyone has spoken their points of view the last couple days, maybe things will filter themselves out and everyone can get along.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:27:21 AM by seattlesound »

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »
I liked coming here until Onree showed up, I needed  a place to share my grief about Scott, renewed interest in STP and my horrible mid-life crisis, I tried to be as active as possible. Not surpisingly this forum was quite active in december january and february but onree ruined the atmosphere, I asked for a ban a couple of times, the joke wasn't funny anymore after a couple of days. I doubt I was the only one who started to avoid this forum after that.
half the art school girl she used to be...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
I liked coming here until Onree showed up, I needed  a place to share my grief about Scott, renewed interest in STP and my horrible mid-life crisis, I tried to be as active as possible. Not surpisingly this forum was quite active in december january and february but onree ruined the atmosphere, I asked for a ban a couple of times, the joke wasn't funny anymore after a couple of days. I doubt I was the only one who started to avoid this forum after that.

Onree as in Henri? As in Paul Christiana, the sun god himself's pseudonym?

May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)