October 02, 2024, 11:29:46 AM

Author Topic: Worst Scott's interview  (Read 4626 times)

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Worst Scott's interview
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
I don't know whether it had already been discussed, but I would pick this one as his worst interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTo8nSRZjsA

This one makes me sad and dissapointed.
I still can't understand why was it in that way.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:57:02 AM by Alex »

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Scott's interview
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:07:57 AM »
I've seen weed worse
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:57:04 AM »
https://youtu.be/ComxFAagceo

I have literally never seen such a broken man in my whole life. :(
Bleeda blooda

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »

Well, at least he seems to be  more sober here, than on that interview I posted above.
I see him as more serious and concentrated here.
Of course, it is a sad video, and tragic because it is his last interview.
But try to abstract from the fact that this was his LAST interview.
And see - on that one I posted above, he even doesn't seem to quite understand where the conversation goes and he even doesn't care about his reputation, etc. He shows himself as a careless rockstar.  :-\
I can't even watch it in whole, for me it is painful and nasty.
Also I find the speakers of that show impudent and insolent.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:26:23 AM by Alex »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »

Well, at least he seems to be  more sober here, than on that interview I posted above.
I see him as more serious and concentrated here.
Of course, it is a sad video, and tragic because it is his last interview.
But try to abstract from the fact that this was his LAST interview.
And see - on that one I posted above, he even doesn't seem to quite understand where the conversation goes and he even doesn't care about his reputation, etc. He shows himself as a careless rockstar.  :-\
I can't even watch it in whole, for me it is painful and nasty.
Also I find the speakers of that show impudent and insolent.
I'ts Howard Stern, that's the name of the game with his show. He always tends to get the most out of the people he interviews.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:31 PM »

Disagree with you on that one. He's struggling to get the words out in this one.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »

Disagree with you on that one. He's struggling to get the words out in this one.

Probably that was just the state of his health. We know about his mental issues, bi-polar thing and other.
Anyway I guess he isn't high or drunk there.
Of course he looks worse, than several years ago, he is tired and perhaps sad, I don't deny that, but his look is more clear.

And this one also doesn't look dreadful, in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUpmegV_SE

What do you think about this one, let me know.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
It's been said by many close to him, that Scott was sober a week or less before he overdosed. Some of his last interviews may be some of the few that he was actually sober for. Although I believe "sober" for Scott still includes alcohol, but I'm not sure.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
If you want to see an awkward interview, watch Howard Stern interview STP (all the members) right around the time the self titled album came out. This interview had been up on youtube for a long time until it got removed about 2 years ago. I have yet to find it again.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
If you want to see an awkward interview, watch Howard Stern interview STP (all the members) right around the time the self titled album came out. This interview had been up on youtube for a long time until it got removed about 2 years ago. I have yet to find it again.

What was wrong with it?

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
It's been said by many close to him, that Scott was sober a week or less before he overdosed. Some of his last interviews may be some of the few that he was actually sober for. Although I believe "sober" for Scott still includes alcohol, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't believe it for a second. In fact wasn't it just a night before his passing that we were on here discussing some freshly posted pictures of him and Tommy ridiculously over-the-top drunk at some bar?  I might also recall something about hard liquor, perhaps whiskey shots? Scott was wearing an orange knit hat in those pics if I recall correctly.  And no, alcohol use does not equal sobriety, it's far from it.  No exceptions for anyone. Sobriety equals sobriety.

That whole "he was sober" line is like some of the users I've dealt with who have gotten off of heroin only to replace it with another drug. They always tell me how they have gotten "sober" when in reality they've just replaced one addiction with another.  Some go straight to benzos, some alcohol, some just smoke a ton of weed. But, none the less, none of the above make one "sober". If you're getting your buzz/high on then I'm sorry but you're not sober.

It's a tough battle a lot of us face. Some people simply forget how to have fun in life without using substances. And other people cant bear to go through life sober because the medicating is their only escape from the reality they dread.

A sober person with an objective perspective might just say to stop using whatever substance, toughen up, and deal with life. Some might say that it's up to that person to make positive things happen for themselves. While the latter may be true, some people (as I believe Scott was) are broken as a result of circumstances in life and just don't have the energy to carry on. These people often become a shell of themselves. Their spirit, their zest for life, seems to die when they are broken.  They become easily irritable and increasingly distant. The downward spiral is clear as day from an objective perspective and they eventually hit rock bottom and one of two things happen.

To me Scott was ultimately broken by his divorce with Mary and the death of his brother. It was a knockout one-two punch. I never met him, but even as an onlooker I could just tell that he was never the same person after those events. Definitely a broken man.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 02:10:14 AM »
I re-posted those pictures from Tommy's Instagram on Scott's socials.  I actually did it in hopes that the right person would see it and reach out to Scott.  The next day he was dead.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:48 PM »
To me Scott was ultimately broken by his divorce with Mary and the death of his brother. It was a knockout one-two punch. I never met him, but even as an onlooker I could just tell that he was never the same person after those events. Definitely a broken man.

He also, after all of that and clearly not sober, allegedly did a two-week rehab, finished out dates with VR, then immediately hooked up with STP. Kind of like VR before they got to work on their album, STP should have waited for him to heal. He probably didn't want to, and perhaps Dean/Rob/Eric had decided that they were no longer going to fight the good fight, so the point is a bit moot, but he shouldn't have just switched gears like that.

Once he decided that heroin was the problem and that he could do the other drugs, it was over.

Honestly, though, I am disappointed in the VR guys, who allegedly all relapsed except for Kushner, who KNEW getting into this thing the problems Scott had, and then just were over it and that was it. Someone like Duff knew better than anyone the battle, yet despite knowing what he was agreeing to, he abandoned helping Scott.

Obviously I do not know the details, so I am just saying this based upon what I know. To be clear, though, the buck stops at Scott. If he basically said he never wanted to get fully sober again, then there was nothing anyone could do, even the VR guys.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 11:49:15 PM »
Honestly, though, I am disappointed in the VR guys, who allegedly all relapsed except for Kushner, who KNEW getting into this thing the problems Scott had, and then just were over it and that was it. Someone like Duff knew better than anyone the battle, yet despite knowing what he was agreeing to, he abandoned helping Scott.

Scott ended up being a lead weight dragging the band down. After the Contraband tour, he was maneuvering to get a bigger share of royalties and talking to the STP camp about the reunion behind the backs of the others, and then when called out on it, flatly lied to their faces. Then there was his beginning to stop the shows to rant, they very thing Slash, Duff and Matt had hoped to avoid after their parting ways with Axl. The crack binge was just the straw that broke the camel's back, after a growing history of dishonesty, slimy tactics, and general off-the-rails behavior. While they had relapsed, they hadn't worked to sabotage VR and jockey for power plays the way Scott was. Unlike the Tiny Music tour cancellation, which could easily be seen as a gross overreaction, cancelling Libertad dates and having Scott was a suitable punishment and attempt to hold him accountable. Scott, of course, just flailed and performed the hypocritical finger-pointing "you're not an angel yourself" routine to avoid responsibility for actions he and he alone had committed. There was no way to salvage VR in this form. In retrospect, it also was a huge sign that the STP reunion was going to disintegrate as well, especially with a very brief rehab, when the dates should have been postponed at least 6 months to allow for a true foundation to be built.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:55 PM »

Scott ended up being a lead weight dragging the band down. After the Contraband tour, he was maneuvering to get a bigger share of royalties and talking to the STP camp about the reunion behind the backs of the others, and then when called out on it, flatly lied to their faces. Then there was his beginning to stop the shows to rant, they very thing Slash, Duff and Matt had hoped to avoid after their parting ways with Axl. The crack binge was just the straw that broke the camel's back, after a growing history of dishonesty, slimy tactics, and general off-the-rails behavior. While they had relapsed, they hadn't worked to sabotage VR and jockey for power plays the way Scott was. Unlike the Tiny Music tour cancellation, which could easily be seen as a gross overreaction, cancelling Libertad dates and having Scott pay the costs was a suitable punishment and attempt to hold him accountable. Scott, of course, just flailed and performed the hypocritical finger-pointing "you're not an angel yourself" routine to avoid responsibility for actions he and he alone had committed. There was no way to salvage VR in this form. In retrospect, it also was a huge sign that the STP reunion was going to disintegrate as well, especially with a very brief rehab, when the dates should have been postponed at least 6 months to allow for a true foundation to be built.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:10:57 AM by Toxic34 »