October 02, 2024, 03:23:11 PM

Author Topic: Jamie sells "Scott portraits"  (Read 4212 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Jamie sells "Scott portraits"
« on: May 15, 2016, 01:31:09 AM »
...the money-hungry and pathetically fame-seeking third "wife" of Scott Weiland has opened up shop!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/293816919/portrait-of-scott-weiland?ref=shop_home_active_2

Want shitty pictures of Scooter sloppily scribbled on a paper bag?! One of these originals can be yours for a mere $850.

Her other "art" is listed for $85. Slapping Scott's name on it somehow makes it worth 10x the price.

Sickening. Seriously gross.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie sells "Scott portraits"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 04:49:47 AM »
There's nothing wrong with that, an artist got to eat too. These two only amount to 1550 dollars combined, those two are special to her that's why they are more expensive. I work in an art gallery and I've seen lesser works go for twice the money, though I must say she is a better photographer than a painter.
half the art school girl she used to be...

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:01:33 AM »
I want to say too that I think she might just value anything of Scott in a larger way so that's why I think the price is higher. I do like a few of the photography things I viewed on her website, she's got a good touch on that stuff.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:24:24 AM »
Wow, I was expecting something quite different . I don't see anything of Scott's essence in these paintings at all . I really like her photography , especially the pics she took of Scott , but this , not so much . A book with photos of his last few years would probably sell quite well .

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »

I still have the painting Chris Long did of Scott

https://youtu.be/TR6U1VKBs5M

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »
That doesn't look like a Scott portrait, but her art is pretty dope nonetheless.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »
Like husband like wife. Scott made a quick buck scamming fans on Pledgemusic, now Jaimie's doing it on Etsy.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »
the first thing I thought when the page loaded was "a lot of these look like wes borland".

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »
Like husband like wife. Scott made a quick buck scamming fans on Pledgemusic, now Jaimie's doing it on Etsy.

I ordered from Pledgemusic and got my stuff on time. And I thought all that other stuff was resolved when he fired his old management and hired new people to handle it. Sure, Scott should've been on top of that, but most musicians from his age/generation have competent management to handle things like Pledgemusic or social media.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

This post isn't about you or whoever the hell Chris Long is.

You're way too old to act like this, on the Internet or otherwise.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 11:09:30 PM »

I ordered from Pledgemusic and got my stuff on time. And I thought all that other stuff was resolved when he fired his old management and hired new people to handle it. Sure, Scott should've been on top of that, but most musicians from his age/generation have competent management to handle things like Pledgemusic or social media.

I was more referring to the fact that they sold fans brand new $50 megaphones for $500 by falsely advertising them as stage used STP and VR era megaphones. $500 for a $50 piece of plastic with Scott's signature on it is a hell of a lot, especially considering you could have gotten the same signature on a vinyl or a lithograph for less than $50.

Jaimie's selling $85 art for ten times the price by throwing Scott's name on it, Scott did the exact same thing with $50 megaphones.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 02:33:08 AM »

I don't think things were resolved when he got the new management, lots of people posted on their website about not getting the things they ordered. I think the biggest problem with the pledgemusic thing was the state Scott was in.

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
Wow, one of them got sold... :o

I honestly don't see much difference between the faces of the portraits of Scott and 'civil war soldier'. I don't see Scott in it at all. And I don't get the enormous price difference either.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

This post isn't about you or whoever the hell Chris Long is.

STP Gurl, you need to chill out with your tone. Show us your talent. I am really burnt on your bad attitude. You are the only person throwing down on me. At least I have a band and fun and no attitude. Go to a Pixies re-union show and write about it in NME and call me then . Until then shut your pie hole.

You're way too old to act like this, on the Internet or otherwise.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:07 AM »

I was more referring to the fact that they sold fans brand new $50 megaphones for $500 by falsely advertising them as stage used STP and VR era megaphones. $500 for a $50 piece of plastic with Scott's signature on it is a hell of a lot, especially considering you could have gotten the same signature on a vinyl or a lithograph for less than $50.

Jaimie's selling $85 art for ten times the price by throwing Scott's name on it, Scott did the exact same thing with $50 megaphones.

I would argue the difference is that she is not saying it is one thing when it is actually another, unless you're saying that Scott's wife knowingly drew someone other than Scott but is saying she drew Scott. But I highly doubt that is true.

She says it is a portrait by her of Scott and it is priced at $800+. Those things are all true. Scott actually lied about those megaphones being used with VR or STP in order to inflate the price. I think that is different.