October 03, 2024, 03:36:27 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Everlasting  (Read 4134 times)

stpemmy

• Flight Attendant
  • Profile pic taken at Musikfest, August 5, 2011
    • View Profile
Stone Temple Pilots Everlasting
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:27:26 AM »
Because I've grown tired of seeing people bash STP for moving on with a new singer on the official STP Facebook page and on other STP groups I started a new group on Facebook called Stone Temple Pilots Everlasting.
It's for people who are looking forward to STP's future endeavors with a new frontman and who are bored of the "No Scott, No STP" attitude.

I am just getting the group off the ground but we already have some good people in there and I would love to see more. If you're interested here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STPeverlasting/

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Everlasting
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:33:20 AM »
Good stuff. I'm not a facebook guy but my wife is, and i'll check out your page. i agree with your attitude 100%

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54:08 AM »
👎🏻

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
An announcement may be coming today or very soon.

stpemmy

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:03:01 PM »
I received an email saying this topic had been moved and it reminded me that I posted this almost 2 years ago and I thought I'd give an update.

We now have over 700 members and it has become an extremely active group of fans. It's been fun and rewarding being a co-admin for this page and we are always welcoming new members! If you are interested please consider joining.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/STPeverlasting/

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 02:16:05 AM »
Great group of people! I really enjoy the conversations there.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

stpemmy

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »
*Bump* because the group's membership has exploded in the last year and we are very active and now over 2,000 members! Please consider checking us out on Facebook!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
awesome. just sent a request to join!

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »
I did the same for Dave Coutts. It's called Dave Coutts Fans.

Sort of a bummer seeing my fav singer getting dogged....

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:30 AM »

I think many folks have this possessive thing with STP where if its not Scott , its blasphemy, even 21 years later.  If Talk Show had been released with 3 other musicians other than the STP boys but the record sounded the exact same I sometimes wonder if Dave wouldve been received better. 

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 09:18:58 AM »
*Bump* because the group's membership has exploded in the last year and we are very active and now over 2,000 members! Please consider checking us out on Facebook!

Awesome, that's almost everyone who bought the album.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 04:11:24 PM »

I think many folks have this possessive thing with STP where if its not Scott , its blasphemy, even 21 years later.  If Talk Show had been released with 3 other musicians other than the STP boys but the record sounded the exact same I sometimes wonder if Dave wouldve been received better. 

That's a valid point, especially when you factor in the sound of 1997 rock hits, it fit right in, albeit a little more mature.

But you can also argue that if it were not for the STP association, the album might not even have gotten the attention it received in the first place (MTV and such).

On the conspiracy tip, I wouldn't be surprised if, after the first Talk Show single didn't take off, Atlantic just abandoned ship and then did the bare minimum for 12 Bar Blues, because quite frankly, forcing a reunion of the STP brand was more lucrative than having to build up a new band (Talk Show) and a solo artist (Scott).
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 07:40:50 PM »

I agree.

Same thing happens with Journey, Van Halen, Queen, etc.

The thing that sticks out most for me was the fact that Talk Show was treated as a separate entity from STP. STP was still up and running. Together but seperate? A lot of people took it the wrong way I think.

There were so many negative things said about Dave by fans, and so much positive thing from friends in my musician circles that I had a hard time computing the negative.

I get it though. I would rather see Steve Perry with Journey, but then again it's "Journey". When Johnathan and Neil did Bad English, there was no bashing of John Waite!

At least lately I've seen people relent. There have been a few people who have stated that when they went back and listened to the TS album, they loved it, and found a "lost gem" as well as a love for Dave's vocals.

Even more trippy is listening to the Ten Inch Men catalog, as a perspective of being a fan or Dave's through the years, and arriving at Talk Show. TOTALLY different perspective.

I also like that Talk Show was it's own thing, never intended on stepping on the works Scott had done. I would consider Chester and Jeff more blasphemy than Talk Show - even though I like/d Chester and Jeff...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:42:42 PM by dlc95 »

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »
The funny thing about Journey is it started out as an off-shoot of ex members of Santana.Gregg Rollie was their lead singer until Steve Perry showed up 4 albums later. 

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 12:56:48 AM »
The funny thing about Journey is it started out as an off-shoot of ex members of Santana.Gregg Rollie was their lead singer until Steve Perry showed up 4 albums later.

Ha!

That's right!