September 27, 2024, 04:30:46 PM

Author Topic: Axl frontin Ac/Dc confirmed  (Read 3168 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Axl frontin Ac/Dc confirmed
« on: April 17, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »
Thoughts

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Axl frontin Ac/Dc confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
Angus played two songs with GNR at Coachella tonight.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:05:42 AM »
also, of the "most recent" lineup of AC/DC (1996-2015) was

Angus Young
Malcolm Young
Brian Johnson
Cliff Williams
Phil Rudd

Due to Phils legal problems he isn't touring this record, Malcolm Young has dementia or alzheimers (not sure) so he isn't touring this record either. Now Brian Johnson is out due to hearing loss. So that leaves just 2 members of the most recent lineup touring this record, Cliff Williams on bass and Angus Young on lead guitar. At this point their starting to spread the AC/DC name a little thin bringing in a 3rd replacement. If you want to get super anal about it Cliff Williams wasn't the original bass player, Mark Evans was, but Cliff has been with AC/DC for like almost 40 years now. They should have just called it a day after Brian went deaf.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:37:28 AM »

I agree, Brian is probably the best replacement singer of all time. When Bon died he showed he had what it took to carry them through, but leave on that note. Yeah can you imagine if you mixed Stone Temple Pilots and Sun God Seven, you would get Stone Temple Seven or the Sun God Pilots haha.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »

AC/DC at River Plate was a killer concert, search it on You Tube Foou, you will love it

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »
Yeah can you imagine if you mixed Stone Temple Pilots and Sun God Seven, you would get Stone Temple Seven or the Sun God Pilots haha.

Paul, you seem like a genuinely good guy, but can you please try not to mention yourself or your band in every thread?

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »

Point taken your right, sorry brother

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »

It's really a bummer that this blend of crossrocking and substitutions are taking place because it's really not developing into an end result that makes their project shine. Hopefully Brian gets to do an occasional show maybe even acoustically. He really is such a great guy from what people have told me and interviews you just don't want anyone to tarnish AC/DC's legacy. Brian from what I understand lives in Sarasota, so he has a great place to begin his retirement. Overall, i just wish their shortfalls hadn't gone down like they have. Within a year or so Phil's near incarceration for a long time, Malcolm's issues and last but not least the voice Brian Jobnson with the hearing loss , it's really sad. I will always love those guys for the countless bands they influenced and the great riffs they instilled in tons of guitarists to create their own bad ass riffs. Hats off to AC/DC.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:46:24 PM by Flyingmerpa »

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 04:20:33 PM »
My nephew playing around

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
If they just finish out current touring obligations with Axl, I can respect that. But I think after that it's obviously time to call it quits. 3/5 of the band are gone, 2 of which with health reasons entirely out of their control, and the band has had a really good run.

If Angus and Axl want to do something after this, they can call it what it is. A new supergroup.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 06:26:17 PM »

Yeah, Blue i feel a lot of musicians have certain people they have always wanted to work with and AXl has absolutely git to do that with Elton John when Freddie died was a prime example, although that was just a jam.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 06:33:31 PM »

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »

Honestly, the energy at the River Plate show is incredible and anyone aspiring to be a stage performer should watch that show or STP Rolling Rock and last but not least
The Rage Show they promised in London, that just fucking slays Tim Cummerford is so underrated as a bass player it is sick

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »

Sorry Tim Commerford