October 03, 2024, 05:33:36 AM

Author Topic: Robert & Dean To Perform @ Adopt The Arts (May 12, 2016)  (Read 5876 times)

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Robert & Dean To Perform @ Adopt The Arts (May 12, 2016)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Hi, Davidssimpson2012!
Not bad performance, but, in my opinion, this song needs more tough and rough voice. More raw! And a bit lower timbre.
Everyone who sings material from "Core", should catch that raw, tough, heavy  vibe of Scott's voice.
The effect of Scott's voice is like as if you're drinking hard drink.

Anyway, not bad performance at all
, you should present this record to the band and show yourself.

Currently listening to your next cover - "Dead & Bloated".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:52:01 PM by Alex »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »

Anyway, Corey Taylor has a great voice and I like his work with Stone Sour... I'd be okay with him fronting 'STP' if it weren't for the fact that he's the exact kind of macho asshole the band has been trying to separate themselves from since the very beginning.

That's a big thing. I don't want any of that macho crap touching STP. That's something huge that I have always liked about this band. It has such a unique vibe that comes through the music, you know that macho bullshit doesn't exist here... there is no tough guy fuck-ery here. I see enough of that every day to where I need STP to come through for me at the end of a day and get me back to that "real" and "pure" place their work takes me to.

I really almost want this search stuff to just stop. No matter what happens half of us are probably going to be upset about who takes the singing duties for STP, for one reason or another. There is one helluva legacy in place as it stands right now. I love the legacy "My favorite" band has laid out over the last 20+ years. I don't want anything to tarnish the vibe this band has.

Regardless to the band's philosophy, don't you think that Scott behaved himself as a tough guy during, at least, Core era?
I'm listening to bootlegs right now, and every time he is tough and rough.
He often says things like "fuck", "fuck in the ass" or even "suck my dick", etc.
And speaking about album too - we can hear the toughness, roughness all over "Core", it was just the vibe of his voice.
I'm not sure whether it is a macho behavior, but at least Scott was a tough guy in Core era (not sure about Purple yet, haven't listen closely to bootlegs yet).

Am I wrong?

Profanity isn't really exclusively 'macho' behavior. I'm more talking about the attitude that being bigger and stronger makes you better than someone else. Taylor seems to have that sort of aura about him, not to mention his constant shitting on other people's bands and music.

Scott may have used a lot of profanity, but he was never really macho. He never bashed other bands, he never acted like a tough guy who was better than anyone around him, and very vocally maligned anyone who had a macho attitude.

Here's a couple videos of him in the Core era talking about 'macho types':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4a3fqBMKKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpjT76iXL5s
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:04:40 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Davidssimpson2012

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
Hi, Davidssimpson2012!
Not bad performance, but, in my opinion, this song needs more tough and rough voice. More raw! And a bit lower timbre.
Everyone who sings material from "Core", should catch that raw, tough, heavy  vibe of Scott's voice.
The effect of Scott's voice is like as if you're drinking hard drink.

Anyway, not bad performance at all
, you should present this record to the band and show yourself.

Currently listening to your next cover - "Dead & Bloated".

Hi Alex - thanks for the feedback ! I would very much like to get in front of the band...lol   seems easier said than done.  To be honest I've heard nothing (in the singer circles) about who may have auditioned- or if anyone for that matter was called. hmmm..   Anyhow regardless- I'll be making music ether way.   Best !

here's the whole channel I put up if you'd like to listen - https://www.youtube.com/user/davidssimpson2012

Also my Soundcloud channel - my own stuff: https://soundcloud.com/user-250719023

Thanks !
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:45:49 PM by Davidssimpson2012 »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »

Anyway, Corey Taylor has a great voice and I like his work with Stone Sour... I'd be okay with him fronting 'STP' if it weren't for the fact that he's the exact kind of macho asshole the band has been trying to separate themselves from since the very beginning.

That's a big thing. I don't want any of that macho crap touching STP. That's something huge that I have always liked about this band. It has such a unique vibe that comes through the music, you know that macho bullshit doesn't exist here... there is no tough guy fuck-ery here. I see enough of that every day to where I need STP to come through for me at the end of a day and get me back to that "real" and "pure" place their work takes me to.

I really almost want this search stuff to just stop. No matter what happens half of us are probably going to be upset about who takes the singing duties for STP, for one reason or another. There is one helluva legacy in place as it stands right now. I love the legacy "My favorite" band has laid out over the last 20+ years. I don't want anything to tarnish the vibe this band has.

Regardless to the band's philosophy, don't you think that Scott behaved himself as a tough guy during, at least, Core era?
I'm listening to bootlegs right now, and every time he is tough and rough.
He often says things like "fuck", "fuck in the ass" or even "suck my dick", etc.
And speaking about album too - we can hear the toughness, roughness all over "Core", it was just the vibe of his voice.
I'm not sure whether it is a macho behavior, but at least Scott was a tough guy in Core era (not sure about Purple yet, haven't listen closely to bootlegs yet).

Am I wrong?

Have I run too far to get home?
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »
whats going on in the thread ???
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
whats going on in the thread ???

Discussion of how macho Corey Taylor acts vs how 'macho' Scott was in the Core era, followed by some Alice lyrics.
Grab the hate and drown it out...