October 03, 2024, 03:39:36 AM

Author Topic: Robert & Dean To Perform @ Adopt The Arts (May 12, 2016)  (Read 5871 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Robert & Dean To Perform @ Adopt The Arts (May 12, 2016)
« on: April 01, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »
http://bravewords.com/news/adopt-the-arts-to-honor-glenn-hughes-and-robin-zander-members-of-black-sabbath-stone-temple-pilots-guns-n-roses-and-more-to-perform
Adopt The Arts will honour 2016 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath) and Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) on Thursday, May 12th at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles, California.

The event will be hosted by Jane Lynch and Matt Sorum, and will included special musical guests Dean and Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots), Billy Duffy (The Cult), Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), Gilby Clarke (Guns N’ Roses), Steve Lukather (Toto), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Franky Perez (Apocalyptica), Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour), Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath) and more.

Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Robert & Dean To Perform @ Adopt The Arts (May 12, 2016)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »
I know it sounds silly but sometimes these events are how you hook up with other musicians. So who knows.

On a different topic.
That first artist line of the flyer threw me off. I read it as Matt Sorum minus Velvet Revolver plus Guns N Roses, which was confusing, until it set in. HAHA!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
I wonder if they'll only be playing Cheap Trick and Deep Purple songs, or if they'll play their own bands' music, too? It would be interesting to see DeLeos + Sorum together playing a couple STP or VR songs. Like a mini-tribute to Scott in the show. Plus you have Corey Taylor there, who regularly covers both STP and VR with Camp Freddy/Kings of Chaos.

I don't think it's likely, but it would be a hell of a trip to see the DeLeos playing a VR tune.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 04:06:46 AM »
 Totally apt that Robert & Dean are playing at this.. I see and hear so much Glenn Hughes in Roberts playing,even the way he moves on stage these days.
Should be a GREAT show, a lot of fantastic songs to choose from

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »
Glenn Hughes is a badass singer. Really soulful with a ton of power

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 05:50:27 AM »

Jesus Christ, some sanity at last. Welcome!

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 05:53:14 AM »

By the way, look at this Paul Christiana video.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 05:59:07 AM »

By the way, look at this Paul Christiana video.

Is it the one that also has that Dahniel Someone in too?? That's my most favourite of favourites

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 07:54:55 PM »
Dean and Rob covered Stevie Wonder's Superstitious with Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith,  Damon Fox (The Cult/Big Elf keyboardist) and Stevie Salas (Mick Jagger guitarist). They also played Sex Type Thing with Matt Sorum and Corey Taylor

Superstitious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTYVAxQ13Sc

Sex Type Thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvvPI1rUFM

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 08:19:37 PM »
Dean and Rob covered Stevie Wonder's Superstitious with Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith,  Damon Fox (The Cult/Big Elf keyboardist) and Stevie Salas (Mick Jagger guitarist). They also played Sex Type Thing with Matt Sorum and Corey Taylor

I think he does a good job vocally on STT.  But its just not close for me without Scott flying around stage on that song.  Sad.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »

I think he does a good job vocally on STT.  But its just not close for me without Scott flying around stage on that song.  Sad.

If he flew around the stage, people would just accuse him of trying to 'move like Scott' like they did with Chester. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anyway, Corey Taylor has a great voice and I like his work with Stone Sour... I'd be okay with him fronting 'STP' if it weren't for the fact that he's the exact kind of macho asshole the band has been trying to separate themselves from since the very beginning.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 06:44:32 AM »

Anyway, Corey Taylor has a great voice and I like his work with Stone Sour... I'd be okay with him fronting 'STP' if it weren't for the fact that he's the exact kind of macho asshole the band has been trying to separate themselves from since the very beginning.

That's a big thing. I don't want any of that macho crap touching STP. That's something huge that I have always liked about this band. It has such a unique vibe that comes through the music, you know that macho bullshit doesn't exist here... there is no tough guy fuck-ery here. I see enough of that every day to where I need STP to come through for me at the end of a day and get me back to that "real" and "pure" place their work takes me to.

I really almost want this search stuff to just stop. No matter what happens half of us are probably going to be upset about who takes the singing duties for STP, for one reason or another. There is one helluva legacy in place as it stands right now. I love the legacy "My favorite" band has laid out over the last 20+ years. I don't want anything to tarnish the vibe this band has.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 07:46:13 AM »
Damn Glen Hughes can still belt it out like a motherfucker. Maybe he should sing for STP.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 07:50:24 AM »
That's fucking hilarious.

Corey Taylor is too much of a "macho asshole" for STP?

Says one of the most vocal supporters of "STP" with that whiny wanker who whines more than they sing.... AKA the "grandfather of emo", AKA that guy whose lyrics you can only relate to when you're still in high school.....

Slipknot and Stone Sour are both wayyyyy worse than Linkin Park, but Corey Taylor and "STP" would run circles around the mediocre crap "STP" w/ CB put out on their "more forgettable than Talk Show" EP.
Or whatever it was called.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
Damn Glen Hughes can still belt it out like a motherfucker. Maybe he should sing for STP.

Ehhhh, if the DeLeos are gonna back any old fool, it's gotta be Gary Wright.

https://youtu.be/xZKuzwPOefs

Nobody else the DeLeos have worked with were good enough for their music to be heard in a Toy Story film....
Bleeda blooda