October 01, 2024, 07:39:32 PM

Author Topic: Scott Questions  (Read 1712 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Scott Questions
« on: March 25, 2016, 03:41:22 AM »
I think part of what made those last 2 years so sad were the questions Scott would get during the interviews. For the most part every interviewer seemed to ask him the same stupid meaningless small talk questions and Scott's answers seemed almost lifeless.

I think since Scott's passing I've seen a few great questions brought up here on this site that would have made for fantastic and relevant interview questions. Even just in the last few days, I've read questions about if we think Scott would have ever done a country album, and also asking about who his literary influences were.

The question I would love to know the answer to is during the year 2000, what was Scott's fitness routine? He was in such great shape! I'd love to know what he was doing to accomplish this.  I know that during the VR years he got into martial arts but I wanna know about the No. 4 era specifically.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast.  You do these presser events or just interviews with all the local radio/journals to promote shows and the people asking the questions can't be the ones to NOT ask about the STP split, or about the Texas show.  Each media outlet just wants their one snippet to say they did their job and if they manage to get a juicy response then great.  But it would take the interviewer being a true fan, or the interview being for a specific purpose (we want to talk about the 20th Anniversary of Core, etc.) to dive deep.

Marry that to the fact that Scott usually closed himself off because partially of his personality and because of the history he had with the press, and you're unfortunately not gonna find many interviews that would be considered golden.

Not even just for Scott, I always get bummed when any artists are getting interviewed for a current release/project and the interviewer asks about pretty much anything but that, and the artist eventually has to cut it off and flat out ask "do you have any questions about this album?"

It is a shame though.  I've always thought there's still so many more things I'd like to know about Scott.  I had hoped his book would fill some of that need, but it wasn't even close.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18